Vacationing Bush Not Told of 9/11 'Clue'

N

NewGuy

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=politicsNews&storyID=4828327

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The head of the CIA never informed a vacationing President Bush in August 2001 that a suspected Islamic extremist had been detected taking flight lessons, the panel investigating the Sept. 11 jetliner attacks on New York and Washington heard on Wednesday.

Tenet said he had not spoken to the president at all that month, when Bush was staying at his ranch in Crawford, Texas. Nor did he bring it to the attention of other senior officials, saying it was "not appropriate."

After Moussaoui's arrest, Tenet and other top CIA officials received a briefing headed, "Islamic Extremist Learns to Fly."

But the CIA director did not bring it up at a meeting of top administration officials to discuss Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda organization on Sept. 4, a week before the attacks.

"It wasn't discussed at the principals' meeting since we were having a separate agenda," Tenet said. "All I can tell you is just it wasn't the appropriate place. I just can't take you any farther than that."

Something seems fishy here.... A guy I work with was supposing the whole scenario is that the terrorists were supplying the US information and then turned on us. This would be why we could not really KNOW if they were going to get us or not until it happened, and then we had to cover the whole mess up.

Interesting theory. It fits my evidence that we let it happen as well.

It fits my evidence that we let it happen as well.

What is your theory based on? I've seen a lot of the weird details that go along with the gov't letting it happened and I just want to see if you have anything I already haven't seen. I definitely believe there is something there, but I am a conspiracy theorist at heart.

I have brought it up before but to summarize:

1. NOBODY flies into pentagon airspace.
2. The cell phones werent capable at that time of floating a signal to a tower they were ABOVE.
3. There was barely any wreckage of the downed plane that was downed by passengers, and all the luggage was in the trees.

add to this that just minutes after the second tower was hit, a rumor on the news said a plane was headed for California, and then a day or 2 later the rumor disappeared.

Since that would indicate knowledge beforehand and a press release for that info to be let out, it would indicate knowledge AT LEAST around the time the 1st or second tower was hit.

Do with it what you will, but that is what I have seen and nobody has yet disproven, but given opinion.

None of us will ever really know all the details, but in the end, it really doesn't matter either. It is done, now.

You can also add that in a classroom in sight of the WTC, a Palestinian boy pointed at the towers, and said in a week those won't be there. The last I heard, the FBI was still investigating.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
You can also add that in a classroom in sight of the WTC, a Palestinian boy pointed at the towers, and said in a week those won't be there. The last I heard, the FBI was still investigating.

I remember seeing that article within a week or so of the event. I can't remember the source, but since it appeared a rumor, I discounted it.

Forum List

Back