Vacation over

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
Okay, we're home now....lost lots of money in Vegas, and even more at home. Andrew ripped the plasterboard off of two walls in the bathroom and one in his bedroom. We're going to replace the plasterboard with plywood. I'm trying to talk my husband into plastering the front of them so they look like the rest of the walls but he doesn't want to do that. Someone suggested stainless steel around the toilet in the bathroom.....more remodeling, you know I don't mind a fixer upper but it's a real pain having to fix up things we already fixed up.

So now, it looks like my husband and I are going to have to take separate vacations as it doesn't seem Andrew does well if we aren't here.

This was one hell of an expensive vacation and we didn't even pay for the rooms......

Okay, rant over.....hope you all are having a better day than I am.

Did you have a good time in vegas other then losing the money?

How about tile? Masonite may look better then ply board though.

Swagger and Doug, you ignorant asswipes.

Her son is autistic, I do believe.

Did you have a good time in vegas other then losing the money?

How about tile? Masonite may look better then ply board though.

We saw Viva Elvis at the Aria. I think I spent the whole show staring with my mouth open, it was so awesome. I wish they had it on DVD. We had the best seats in the house, about 5 rows back and right in the middle, we could see everything. The show is expensive but we got the tickets 2 for 1. After seeing it, I would have no problem paying full price for that show, even at $175 a pop.

We also saw a murder mystery at the Fitz. It came with dinner and we had a grand time, not as good as the Elvis show, but it was funny, and very entertaining.

So yeah, other than losing money and what we came home to, we had a wonderful time.

Swagger and Doug, you ignorant asswipes.

Her son is autistic, I do believe.

He's not just autistic, he's low functioning autism, still in diapers, is over 6 ft tall and weighs more than 200 pounds. We had no less than 2 adult males here with him the whole time we were gone, sometimes 3. I don't think they realized he was sick. He can't tell anyone, but he had a fever this morning. I just gave him some Tylenol.

Mike (my husband) is out shaving his head now.....he cut his hair so close in a couple of spots that he broke the skin. I think that was a strong indication of a headache, but the guys we left in charge didn't figure that out.

I doubt we'll take a vacation together again unless we can find a home for Andrew and that doesn't look likely. The only home I've found so far that wants him has 1 caregiver for 6 people like Andrew and the laws in our state allow that. My husband and I have trouble handling one together, I don't know how anyone could expect one person to handle six people like Andrew.

I don't blame anyone for not knowing....sometimes I just assume everyone here knows because I've spoken about it so often.

Sorry you didn't get rich in Vegas... In your situation, extra money wouldn't hurt you none...

Okay, we're home now....lost lots of money in Vegas, and even more at home. Andrew ripped the plasterboard off of two walls in the bathroom and one in his bedroom. We're going to replace the plasterboard with plywood. I'm trying to talk my husband into plastering the front of them so they look like the rest of the walls but he doesn't want to do that. Someone suggested stainless steel around the toilet in the bathroom.....more remodeling, you know I don't mind a fixer upper but it's a real pain having to fix up things we already fixed up.

So now, it looks like my husband and I are going to have to take separate vacations as it doesn't seem Andrew does well if we aren't here.

This was one hell of an expensive vacation and we didn't even pay for the rooms......

Okay, rant over.....hope you all are having a better day than I am.

I'm amazed by you and your husband.. the way you take your challenges in stride, move along and retain a pleasing outlook is an inspiration to me. I only wish I could help in some way..
As far as the walls and replacement I was just wondering if you could use the same material used when laying the sub-flooring for installing ceramic flooring.. it's tougher and fairly reasonably priced..Also there are fiberglass sheets you can buy that are very tough..

Forum List

Back