V.P. Biden states the facts about resurgent auto industry

They said it couldn't be done and gave the US auto industry up for dead

Obamas stewardship and insistence on concessions saved the auto industry

Actually, he saved the failing companies in the auto industry. He bailed them out, congratulated them on their ineptness and sent them on their way to do it again.

Go team!

Far from it

Rather than throw good money after bad like the republicans did, Obama forced new management, closed unprofitable lines, gained concessions from labor

ObamaMotors was a rousing success

Gained concessions?????

You call turning over 1/4 of the company to the UAW at the expense of the senior secured creditors a concession?

LOLLOloloLOLOL

People forget how important our industrial base is
I think they never learned in the first place

R U bear- baiting me??? :mad:
concessions? :lol::lol::lol: he bilked the debtholders and gave them 4 cents on the dollar, he bilked the shareholders and gave them 7 cents on the dollar, and he flat out closed down some privately owned dealerships.. and gave it all to his union buddies. I'll buy Toyota any day. never a Geithner Motors,, ever.

You're more bitter than usual today :-( Why so crabby my libral princess?

Me thinks she was rooting for the auto industry to collapse

Ford made it.. on it's own. Case closed.

Should UAW members be forced to retire to Detroit?

Good real-estate prices and low cost of living

UAW made major concessions in the bailout Now management is taking their bonuses and the workers are still sucking it up

People forget how important our industrial base is
I think they never learned in the first place

R U bear- baiting me??? :mad:
concessions? :lol::lol::lol: he bilked the debtholders and gave them 4 cents on the dollar, he bilked the shareholders and gave them 7 cents on the dollar, and he flat out closed down some privately owned dealerships.. and gave it all to his union buddies. I'll buy Toyota any day. never a Geithner Motors,, ever.

You're more bitter than usual today :-( Why so crabby my libral princess?

She's been programmed to hate blue collar workers by that one network & am radio. $50/hr aint jack when you deduct legacy costs, taxes etc... Put that up against a Wall St douche's multi- million $ xmas bonus.

Last edited:
Actually, he saved the failing companies in the auto industry. He bailed them out, congratulated them on their ineptness and sent them on their way to do it again.

Go team!

Far from it

Rather than throw good money after bad like the republicans did, Obama forced new management, closed unprofitable lines, gained concessions from labor

Gained concessions?????

You call turning over 1/4 of the company to the UAW at the expense of the senior secured creditors a concession?

LOLLOloloLOLOL

UAW took wage and benefit concessions. Creditors made a bad investment. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose

Meanwhile, 1 million workers kept their jobs

Actually Biden states the facts that makes his party look good just as the other party states the facts that makes
Bidens party look bad.

Too bad the other party cannot find any facts that makes their party look good.

I do not recall anyone saying that. I do recall many arguing that it was a waste of money when Bush pushed for it, including many Democrats. It seems they were actually right since, like GM, Chrysler needed an additional $3.5 billion loan to pay back the bailout.

The truth behind Chrysler

Yet, for some unknown reason, the Obamazombies still hail him as the savior and ignore the accounting tricks used to make him look good.

Did I say unknown?

If I was a rightie I'd be pissed too that this great nation still has a viable manufacturing base. :cuckoo: Party b4 country & all :eusa_shhh:

Last edited:

Go team!

Far from it

Gained concessions?????

LOLLOloloLOLOL

that's what he calls it al right. we call it thuggery.

Obama forced new management, closed unprofitable lines, gained concessions from labor

Ain't corporatism grand?

So, Obama whipped them into shaped and showed them the way. But what incentive do these companies have to keep to the straight and narrow? Won't we just bail them out again? And again?

Indeed, why would any 'too big to fail' corporation exhibit prudence when 'fast and loose' offers so much more in the way of short term gains? Especially when they know they won't have to pay the piper when the bills com due?

20% of America's 20 most popular cars posted lower sales in March 2011 than in March 2010, the 2011 Toyota Camry being the most famous of the bunch. Ford Focus sales are falling, true, but expect a big boost in coming months as the now-in-production 2012 Ford Focus arrives at dealerships. Worse than the Chevrolet Malibu's 12.4% year-over-year drop is the Malibu's 18.5% decline from February in a market which grew by more than 26%.

80% of America's 10 best-selling cars weren't American cars, though their status as American-built cars is often secure. The Ford Fusion was America's best-selling American in March... but the Fusion is manufactured in Mexico. The Honda Accord, Nissan Altima, and Toyota Camry are made in America, y'all.

dumbass liberals

Ford favored the bailouts, by the way

Of course they did! The last thing they want is to see their old chums replaced by some upstart company with real competitive zeal. That's what corporatism is all about, maintaining the status quo and preserving the dominance of the vested interests. Hope and Change, baby!

And now we have three solid domestic auto companies

Touche!!! :p
80% of America's 10 best-selling cars weren't American cars, though their status as American-built cars is often secure. The Ford Fusion was America's best-selling American in March... but the Fusion is manufactured in Mexico. The Honda Accord, Nissan Altima, and Toyota Camry are made in America, y'all.

dumbass liberals

Wonder if foreign lobbying played any part in that? Nah :doubt: :rolleyes:

So, what I've gathered from the righties responses is that having one car company for a country of 300 million + aint a bad idear?

dumbass liberals

fact is your dumbass American Top Three are made in foreign countries.. bla bla bla bla and bla:lol:

dumbass liberals

fact is your dumbass American Top Three are made in foreign countries.. bla bla bla bla and bla:lol:
Parts from north & South america so? :eek:

Go team!

Far from it

It's only a success if you don't count the billions in gifts Obama gave them. Any company can succeed if it gets billions in free money.

Forum List

Back