Uvalde teacher wants to take gun manufacturerer to court

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. She pulled a door shut that is SUPPOSED to lock from the outside--but it is still her fault according to these folks. Now imagine the armchair quarterbacking if there was this type of situation and teacher employed a gun but some kids still got hurt.

I'm just telling you this is why teachers are saying no. We have a cynical, distrustful public. So no.
It would take only a small percentage of teachers to say yes. I say deputize a few of the teachers and pay them an extra 10K or more a year to be armed at school. If it makes people feel better, they can even dress in an SRO/cop uniform just like any other cop. And to earn that extra 10K+ a year, they would have to undergo proper training and pass a psychological evaluation

1654349844462.png

Counter suit.

Sue every teacher, school administrator, psychiatrist, etc,... that's ever had dealings with the shooter.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Emilia Marin filed a petition on Thursday to depose Daniel Defense, the Georgia-based gunmaker that made the rifle used by the gunman who shot and killed 19 children and two adults at Robb Elementary School on May 24. Marin reportedly requested that the company provide information about its marketing, sales, lobbying, and profits.

Maybe Ms. Marin might herself be accountable to answer why she left a door, first propped open, and then unlocked, and was unarmed, and thus unable to fight off the gunman, and protect herself and the students.

Interesting this would be the teacher to bring such law suit. As for the propped open door it came out later that she hadn't left the door propped open not sure if the video showing that as the case was released, and also where the story originated about the gunman entered through a propped open door.
Was she given cover on leaving the door open, or not securing it after, done in exchange to bring this lawsuit?

Aren't you the guy who wanted all teachers on live camera all the time--and so the little children are not on video, they can just stay at their desks and the teacher can stay in one spot in the room so she's on video?

Yeah? Was that you?

Now you trust us WITH GUNS.

Sure you do. Sure. Excuse me if I'm a little....gee. Skeptical.
You seem to be missing a point. The cameras on the teachers can root out the bad apple teachers, so they can be gotten rid of. The teachers who don't need to be fired, yes, can be trusted with guns, as well as teaching kids.* Got it ?

* That is if they can pass their gun safety training course, or are ex-police, or military.
(These are standard requirements to buy a gun in Florida)

She didn't leave the door open. She is on video pulling it shut. If it didn't lock that is not her responsibility. Doors cannot lock from the inside due to fire code restrictions.
She DID "leave" propped the door open. After that, she then closed the door.

I don't know what fire code restrictions you're talking about, or where you are, but here in Florida, doors are REQUIRED to be locked from the inside, and not locked from the outside. As a security guard and security supervisor, some years back, one of my main jobs was checking doors to be this way.

We need to get off the teacher at fault over the door. The insane guy with the gun was shooting through windows on the way there when this happened.

The teacher was in a dang hurry to not get dead. Blaming her is BS.
Probably nobody would be talking about her at all, if she wasn't so hot on going after the gun manufacturerer.

Propping doors open IS a serious security problem though , in this case and thousands of others.

And again this is why smart teachers--even those of us who are gun owners--will in no way be carrying in school. Nope. Especially not after we've seen what the public really thinks of us
As long as you don't carry in school, more kids & teachers will be killed. Uvalde, Parkland et al cases have proven that.

You seem to be missing a point. The cameras on the teachers can root out the bad apple teachers, so they can be gotten rid of. The teachers who don't need to be fired, yes, can be trusted with guns, as well as teaching kids.* Got it ?

* That is if they can pass their gun safety training course, or are ex-police, or military.
(These are standard requirements to buy a gun in Florida)

Do you still believe Kinder students should be made to stay at their desks all day to facilitate videotaping the teachers?

She DID "leave" propped the door open. After that, she then closed the door.

I don't know what fire code restrictions you're talking about, or where you are, but here in Florida, doors are REQUIRED to be locked from the inside, and not locked from the outside. As a security guard and security supervisor, some years back, one of my main jobs was checking doors to be this way.

I don't know how long ago you worked but this has not been the case for many years. Exterior doors CANNOT lock from the inside by fire code. To my knowledge this is national.

They are either an attention whore trying to get in the spotlight, or a greedy fuck that just wants a settlement, or just really dumb as a bad of hammers.

That's as stupid as "my son was run over and killed by a Camry so I'm going to sue Toyota".

Probably nobody would be talking about her at all, if she wasn't so hot on going after the gun manufacturerer.

Propping doors open IS a serious security problem though , in this case and thousands of others.
It got closed but didnt lock

Emilia Marin filed a petition on Thursday to depose Daniel Defense, the Georgia-based gunmaker that made the rifle used by the gunman who shot and killed 19 children and two adults at Robb Elementary School on May 24. Marin reportedly requested that the company provide information about its marketing, sales, lobbying, and profits.

Maybe Ms. Marin might herself be accountable to answer why she left a door, first propped open, and then unlocked, and was unarmed, and thus unable to fight off the gunman, and protect herself and the students.

She's obviously an ass-wipe with a much bigger ass-wipe attorney.

You don't trust me to even speak to children. And now you trust me to carry a gun?

Sure you do.

Sure.
I trust or don't trust depending on what you say to those children. If you promote homosexuality or tran craziness, then No, I would not trust you. OTOH, if your don't inject sex into your classes, or other CRT BS, then I guess I would trust you.

She should take the FBI to court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back