Utah man slams into motorcyclist, with intent to kill

j-mac

Nuthin' but the truth
Oct 8, 2013
South Carolina
The Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office says the suspect, Kenneth Cordova, 34, was arrested on charges of attempted murder for intentionally using his car to hit another person.

Authorities say the incident happened at a Salt Lake County apartment complex on Thursday.

In the video, the victim is seen sitting on a motorcycle outside of an apartment complex. Cordova's car is seen speeding directly towards the victim, slamming into him moments later.
The impact sent the victim flying into the air, landing on the car's windshield before eventually falling to the ground. Cordova is seen quickly hopping out of his car while aggressively confronting the victim.

During police questioning, Cordova admitted to intentionally targeting the victim because he allegedly saw him holding a gun minutes before the incident. WATCH: Utah man slams into motorcyclist, with intent to kill

This guy is crazy! Watch the video with the story it's insane...

So, my question for the class is obvious insane reaction aside who do you believe in this? And do we think it is ok to attack someone in this fashion today?

So, my question for the class is obvious insane reaction aside who do you believe in this? And do we think it is ok to attack someone in this fashion today?
I guess he figured if Will Smith can get away with battery while millions watch, what the hey.

There is never a valid reason to do that to someone. He should be in prison for attempted murder. I would never believe the story of anyone that would ram someone with their car.

You defend one person who assaults another and disparage another. Assault and Battery is just that, regardless of who does it moron. You haven't got a lick of common sense.

Yeah moron, a slap is just the same as hitting someone with your car going full speed.

Crawl back under your rock, you are embarrassing yourself again

Oh, and I never once defended what Smith did, so quit fucking lying about me you piece of dog shit

Yeah moron, a slap is just the same as hitting someone with your car going full speed.

Crawl back under your rock, you are embarrassing yourself again

Oh, and I never once defended what Smith did, so quit fucking lying about me you piece of dog shit
Here's the definition moron. Climb back up in your attic where you can't do anyone else any harm. Battery--The infliction of unlawful personal violence on another person, even where the contact does no physical harm
You don't get to decide the magnitude of the crime. One is just as illegal as the other.

Last edited:
Normally, the defense of “justification” or “self defense” has a few elements. (I don’t know Colorado law. I’m speaking generally.)

The actor can claim self defense if there was an imminent threat of death to him or of serious physical injury. If he saw the motorcyclist with some alleged gun “earlier,” then that doesn’t sound like an imminent threat. Actually, even if there was a history of prior bad blood, it doesn’t sound like a threat at all.

The car driver may have talked himself into a conviction.

I don't see any way at all for Mr. Cordova's actions here to be justifiable, to be anything other than attempted murder.

Unless some facts come out that very drastically change the reality of this situation from what one can judge from this video, I think Mr. Cordova needs to be permanently removed from free society. The article mentions that he has a past history of violent criminal behavior, so perhaps a failure to have already removed him from society is at least partly to blame for allowing him the chance to assault and attempt to murder this latest victim.

Here is the video, if anyone wants to actually see it:

What I find odd is:
  1. How did the man spot a gun much less know the biker was there when he appears two blocks away on a side street from out of sight?
  2. Why was his wipers on?
  3. How does a guy sitting on a motorcycle let a car racing at him for two blocks hit him without moving out of the way?
  4. Lastly, the biker wasn't even hurt and got up immediately dusting himself off.

Here is the video, if anyone wants to actually see it:

What I find odd is:
  1. How did the man spot a gun much less know the biker was there when he appears two blocks away on a side street from out of sight?
  2. Why was his wipers on?
  3. How does a guy sitting on a motorcycle let a car racing at him for two blocks hit him without moving out of the way?
  4. Lastly, the biker wasn't even hurt and got up immediately dusting himself off.
Must be fake then, right?

Forum List

Back