USS Freedom to Deploy Early

DiveCon

gone
Aug 10, 2008
October 14, 2009
Navy News

The Navy announced the decision to deploy the USS Freedom (LCS 1) in early 2010 to the Southern Command and Pacific Command areas ahead of her originally scheduled 2012 maiden deployment.
According to Navy leaders, littoral combat ships (LCS) are needed now to close urgent warfighting gaps.
"Deploying LCS now is a big step forward in getting this ship where it needs to be – operating in the increasingly important littoral regions," said Adm. Gary Roughead, chief of naval operations. "We must deliver this critical capability to the warfighter now."
more at link

wow, never heard of them deploying early on a ship in my lifetime

Good for them, clearly Obama isn't sticking his nose in this and the asset will be deployed as the situations dictate. And no, not common at all, but, good news indeed!

Mike

I can add one letter to your post and make it hilarious.

October 14, 2009
Navy News

The Navy announced the decision to deploy the USS Freedom (LCS 1) in early 2010 to the Southern Command and Pacific Command areas ahead of her originally scheduled 2012 maiden deployment.
According to Navy leaders, littoral combat ships (LCS) are needed now to close urgent warfighting gaps.
"Deploying LCS now is a big step forward in getting this ship where it needs to be – operating in the increasingly important littoral regions," said Adm. Gary Roughead, chief of naval operations. "We must deliver this critical capability to the warfighter now."
more at link

wow, never heard of them deploying early on a ship in my lifetime

Forum List

Back