Usmb

Yes, you are morbid, and there is nothing wrong with that. Everyone in the pathology lab must be morbid, or we would not be good at our jobs.

In fact, I am considering becoming a Pathology Assistant, precisely because I believe I can do that sort of work regularly...and someone has to do it. Not to mention I would be making six figures in the hospital without attending full medschool.

Death has been on my mind, recently. Perhaps it is simply because I am still relatively new to the healthcare field.

Well, it's not my full time job, so mostly it was just novel and since it was all anatomical path and not forensic path everyone was intact. As a med student, it was interesting. Not a lot of med students get to participate in autopsy and it's much different than cadaver lab.

You might want to consider being a "deaner"(I think that is the term) which is the guy who does all the cutting in autopsy. It's a little known field, but I was under the impression that the guy who does our stuff subcontracts out and does pretty well.

Forum List

Back