Gonna buy a couple pet turtles

A little boy walks into a pet store carrying a turtle. He goes up to the guy at the counter and says "Meester... I bought this turtle here yesterday but he's defective". The man looks down at the kid and asks "Defective? What's the matter with him?". The boy responds, "He's got bleesters on he's feet" and hands the turtle over. The man turns the turtle over, and sure enough, there's blisters all over the turtles feet! The man says, "Tell you what kid, why don't I take this turtle, and you can have another one, deal?", so the boy takes a new turtle and leaves.

The next day, the boy comes into the store carrying his new turtle, goes directly up to the man and says"Meester, this here turtle I got here yesterday is defective too. He's got bleesters on his feet." The man takes the turtle, and sure enough, there were blisters all over it's feet! The man was SURE that this turtle was fine yesterday when he gave it to the kid, but didn't want to argue with a customer so he says, "OPK kid, tell you what. Why dont' I trade this turtle out for a new one, ok?" The boy says "That'll do sir", takes a new turtle and leaves.

The NEXT day, the boy comes into the store carrying a turtle. The man at the counter says exasperatedly, "Let me guess... that turtle you took yesterday is defective and has blisters on his feet? ". The young boy nods solemnly and says "Yessir." The shopkeeper silently hands the young boy a new turtle and the boy leaves the store. But THIS time, when the boy leaves, the man comes out to the front of the store and watches the boy after he leaves. After the boy leaves the shop carrying his new turtle, the boy drops to his knees on the sidewalk, turtle in hand and goes "Vroom, Vroom, Vroom!!!"

kinda boring after a couple weeks.
lol-045.gif

and name them Cuff and Link.

We have a 16 year old box turtle.. Yertle......eh... the kids named him...

There kinda boring after a couple weeks...but.. easy to take care of..

I'm sure the turtle loves living in your confines rather than out in its habitat where it can roam freely and actually get a piece of ass once in a while.

I have one question to the OP...why?
I mean..there isn't a whole lot of difference to just go out and buy an aquarium and stick a photo of a turtle in it - than a live one.

Why would you want to keep a turtle as a pet? They need lots of room to roam they don't want to live their life in any type of cage/tank/enclosure.

The kids found a turtle a few years back so we thought we'd fence in a decent sized area for him in the back yard. Used wire mesh fencing, he had tons of room to roam and . . . . he kept climbing up the fence trying to get out. Not kidding. It was a great way to show the kids that wild things should be left wild. We let him go back where he was found, near a creek in some woodsy woods.

And the turtles, of course… all the turtles are free
As turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be.

For several months I saw this huge turtle, maybe tortoise, keep crossing the road to my yard and go into the woods. One day I went out to feed him some bread, and he hissed at me.:eek: Then I saw him over by his hole humping his mate. They are so cute.

only one person got it? even Paulie didn't get it?

only one person got it? even Paulie didn't get it?

I got it ,House finished the deal and away it went.
I was going to post .
rocky-steps-1.jpg

But I did'nt see the point, unless you wanted a Rocky rather than turtle thread if so ,my sincere,

Last edited:
and name them Cuff and Link.

We have a 16 year old box turtle.. Yertle......eh... the kids named him...

There kinda boring after a couple weeks...but.. easy to take care of..

I'm sure the turtle loves living in your confines rather than out in its habitat where it can roam freely and actually get a piece of ass once in a while.

Huh.. must be a shared brain capacity thing....:cool:

Why would you want to keep a turtle as a pet? They need lots of room to roam they don't want to live their life in any type of cage/tank/enclosure.

The kids found a turtle a few years back so we thought we'd fence in a decent sized area for him in the back yard. Used wire mesh fencing, he had tons of room to roam and . . . . he kept climbing up the fence trying to get out. Not kidding. It was a great way to show the kids that wild things should be left wild. We let him go back where he was found, near a creek in some woodsy woods.

And the turtles, of course… all the turtles are free
As turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be.

The turtle has a lot more space and better living conditions than when we bought him at the pet store. The kids love him when they get around to it, okay rarely.

Around here we catch all sorts of creatures, lizards, newts, frogs, turtles, weird bugs, snakes, huge moths and butterflies, damaged birds and cats that we nurse back to health and set free. I go with your general rule, usually my daughter, who's real good at catching things, catches them, parades them around and releases them a couple hours later.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back