CDZ USMB POLL: Woman shot, killed by two-year-old son - Who is responsible for this woman's death?

Who was responsible for the woman's death in this story?

• The 2 year old child was responsible for his mother's death

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Kinda think something is being made out of nothing. Overall it was an accident. We all know the definition of that.

Kinda think something is being made out of nothing. Overall it was an accident. We all know the definition of that.
So you are saying the woman who was killed by a 2 year old, carrying a loaded pistol with the safety off and the hammer down, is a perfectly responsible gun owner.

Fascinating.

It appears you are looking to fight. No thanks.

SO You think she did it on purpose so her child would kill her. Alrighty.

So you are saying the woman who was killed by a 2 year old, carrying a loaded pistol with the safety off and the hammer down, is a perfectly responsible gun owner.

Fascinating.

Do you think she was responsible?

Have you ever taken a gun course?

Fascinating.

If we didn't have these tragic mistakes, gun owners everywhere wouldn't learn from her lesson.

Fascinating.

If we didn't have these tragic mistakes, gun owners everywhere wouldn't learn from her lesson.
Or if we required people to know wtf they're doing when they own a gun, this wouldn't happen. Instead it happens all the time.

Fascinating.

I think it was an accident. I can't find where it said the safety was off and hammer down.
No, I have not taken a gun course, but am giving my opinion off of what I am reading. And common sense.
Even I would know not to have the safety off and hammer down. Is that how it was?

Fascinating.

Or if we required people to know wtf they're doing when they own a gun, this wouldn't happen. Instead it happens all the time.

A short course may have helped but would in no way guarantee it would sink in deep enough to change her habit of placing her purse in the cart.

Fascinating.

Can't disagree there.

Fascinating.

I think it was an accident. I can't find where it said the safety was off and hammer down.
No, I have not taken a gun course, but am giving my opinion off of what I am reading. And common sense.
Even I would know not to have the safety off and hammer down. Is that how it was?

How else could a 2 year old pull the trigger?

A gun is not a toy. You should have control of it at all times when you're carrying it.

(Reuters) - A woman was accidentally shot and killed at a Walmart store in northern Idaho on Tuesday when her 2-year-old son pulled a loaded handgun from her purse that then went off, a county sheriff said.

The 29-year-old woman was shopping at a Walmart in Hayden, Idaho, with the toddler seated in her shopping cart when the incident occurred, Kootenai County Sheriff Ben Wolfinger said in a written statement.

Who (if anyone) is responsible for this poor woman's death?
Most likely, my neighbor's dog was responsible for this incident.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Did the gun even have a safety?
Lots of guns don't have safeties. I would dare to say that most of the handguns circulating in the U.S. don't have safeties.

Well sheesh, you said safety off so I thought you knew that for sure. What about the hammer down? Is that a guess?
No safety/safety off may as well be the same thing. And no way could a 2 year old squeeze a long pull.

Toddlers have strong hands.

If the gun is nestled against something, it wouldn't take a pulling action to set it off. Pushing on the trigger would work.

Did the gun even have a safety?
Lots of guns don't have safeties. I would dare to say that most of the handguns circulating in the U.S. don't have safeties.

Well sheesh, you said safety off so I thought you knew that for sure. What about the hammer down? Is that a guess?
No safety/safety off may as well be the same thing. And no way could a 2 year old squeeze a long pull.

Toddlers have strong hands.
Oh well then it would be IRRESPONSIBLE of a person to leave a loaded firearm within their easy reach.

Forum List

Back