USMB only lacks one thing that keeps it from being the best message board ever

Anguille

Bane of the Urbane
Mar 8, 2008
I've bitched about this before but I still think it worth bitching about again.

Why can't USMB have a feature that lets you know which posts have quoted one of your own posts? A message board as big as this one would really benefit from that feature. When I don't have time to catch up with every thread I've posted in, I miss out on some worthwhile responses to my posts and the conversation dies. Only because this is such a big and crowded place.

You know ... if USMB had this feature ... I might even be inspired to become a paying member ... :eusa_whistle:

:eusa_think:

It's a good idea.

<?php

function quote_querying() {

$uname = $vbulletin->userinfo['username'];

global $uname;

$query = "Select post_author, post_id, post_content from vbulletin-database WHERE post_content LIKE "quote=' . $uname. '" Limit 30";

foreach ($query as $querydata) {
$aaaa = $querydata->post_author;
$bbbb = $querydata->post_content;

echo 'User who quotes'; echo $aaaa; echo 'Full Post'; echo $bbbb;
echo '<br />';
}
}
?>

Then you call this function in a template:

<?php echo $quote_querying(); ?>

I never worked with VBulletin, but that's how it is probably done.

:eusa_think:

It's a good idea.

<?php

function quote_querying() {

$uname = $vbulletin->userinfo['username'];

global $uname;

$query = "Select post_author, post_id, post_content from vbulletin-database WHERE post_content LIKE "quote=' . $uname. '" Limit 30";

foreach ($query as $querydata) {
$aaaa = $querydata->post_author;
$bbbb = $querydata->post_content;

echo 'User who quotes'; echo $aaaa; echo 'Full Post'; echo $bbbb;
echo '<br />';
}
}
?>

Then you call this function in a template:

<?php echo $quote_querying(); ?>

I never worked with VBulletin, but that's how it is probably done.
Yeah, sometimes I search my name but I'm mostly too lazy to do that. And I noticed it's not that reliable. Although it's can be helpful if someone has been talking about you in some thread you weren't even aware of.

I was on another board that flagged threads for you that had posts which were responses you your own.

That was nifty.

I've bitched about this before but I still think it worth bitching about again.

Why can't USMB have a feature that lets you know which posts have quoted one of your own posts? A message board as big as this one would really benefit from that feature. When I don't have time to catch up with every thread I've posted in, I miss out on some worthwhile responses to my posts and the conversation dies. Only because this is such a big and crowded place.

You know ... if USMB had this feature ... I might even be inspired to become a paying member ... :eusa_whistle:

I've asked for that feature for at least 2 years. Perhaps it doesn't exist in vBulletin, but it does exist in other bulletin board software packages. It seems pretty simple to me.

Forum List

Back