USMB Is Reviewing The Current Reputation Breakdown. We Are Open For Input Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First they say it's just a "game". Then they say people shouldn't be allowed to opt out because they skirt peer review of their "worth". So which is it? Seems that line changes pretty frequently. :cuckoo:

This entire thing is a game. Just like any other. There are rules, and some behaviors are considered to be fouls. But some people in the game are allowed to opt out of ever getting a foul called on them. That makes it an unfair game because they can troll and bait to their hearts' content and you can't even neg them for it.

You can respond in front of everyone instead going into the closet to neg rep someone in the dark.

If you don't want to get negged, interact appropriately. Dante, we all know you and why your rep is turned off.

I'll respond to the bolded points above.

1. Of course not. The few that remain get negged as often as the Lib trolls.

2. Of course it doesn't.Opting out does not make one a troll. Several people have opted out for purely altruistic reasons, but the vast majority are those who's trollish behavior has caused them to rack up a lot of negative reputation. These people have opted out, out of cowardice, not wanting others to see in what low regard they are held by their peers.

3. Plenty? Several, perhaps. Most are outright trolls or habitually dishonest or argumentative. Some are simply racists. I have grouped liars and racists with trolls for the purpose of this discussion.

4. Of course it was, intentionally so, but it was germane to my point.
I suppose some would call it trollish, but that's on them.

5. I can't help the way people feel. People that get a lot of negative feedback usually do so for a reason that only they have control over. Negative rep it a tool to tell them that you disapprove. They are free to use the criticism to alter their approach or ignore it and continue to receive negative attention, but opting out is either a method of hiding what others think of them or a middle finger salute saying in essence, "I realize I'm an asshole. Deal with it."

maybe anyone who has opted out should have that...... instead of rep badges

"I realize I'm an asshole. Deal with it."

:lol:

'chicken shit asshole'

Chicken shit assholery is negging in the dark then sending chick shit PM's that can't be copied to the general membership.

I really do not care if people have their rep turned off. If they don't want to participate in the rep system, then que sera sera.

If they get to turn their rep off so they can bully, bait, and troll, then there should be no holds barred on what other posters can say to them. But, I have learned that if you give it back to them, they go whining to the management.

whining to the management, like you have been doing for days if not weeks and months? hahahahah

Days, weeks, months? Unlike you I have been employed the entire time I've been here up until May. Before that I was gone for months and only returned when I got an email asking me to. I was gone all week last week. Unlike you, this place is not my life. So, I hope you enjoy the neg. You earned it. I do recall a time when all you had was big red splats. Who did you suck off?

The reputation system needs to be taken away as one would take a toy away from a group of children who can't play with it without fighting.

This entire thing is a game. Just like any other. There are rules, and some behaviors are considered to be fouls. But some people in the game are allowed to opt out of ever getting a foul called on them. That makes it an unfair game because they can troll and bait to their hearts' content and you can't even neg them for it.

You can respond in front of everyone instead going into the closet to neg rep someone in the dark.

If you don't want to get negged, interact appropriately. Dante, we all know you and why your rep is turned off.

And who determines what is "interacting inappropriately"? You?

The fact is the site has rules and as long as you follow those rules a member doesn't have to answer to other posters. If a poster violates the rules they will answer to the mods and admins. that's the way it should be.

What's going on here with this neg rep system is there are people that want to act like mods without being asked to be one or to observe the rules laid down for mods.

Some people here keep referencing "nasty trolls". I've only been here a short time and can tell you some of the nastiest, profane, ugliest POS trolls have the highest rep point totals and wield it like a truncheon in the hands of a dirty, drunk 5 Points flatfoot.

Maybe they will when they stop laughing.

I really do not care if people have their rep turned off. If they don't want to participate in the rep system, then que sera sera.

But how will the schoolyard bullies pull their hair if they're wearing a skull cap?

Kind of defeats their whole purpose for liking the system...

Just shows you they really do keep score. I never even notice until the time comes that I want to pos rep one of them for a post they made.

'chicken shit asshole'

Chicken shit assholery is negging in the dark then sending chick shit PM's that can't be copied to the general membership.

I get negged every day. Unlike you I have the ego strength to deal with them.

No, you have enough daily pos reps from your "rep group" to offset any neg reps. How about the admin make rep histories available to all? I'd love to see who keeps pos repping you on a daily basis.

Earlier in this thread was what I think the most important, and alarming, post in the entire bunch. A relatively new poster claimed they had already been asked twice to join a "rep group".

If i was an admin or mod (which I'm not nor ever will be so cut the slams) I would be shocked and incensed. IMO that should be followed up on and anyone found to be involved in a "rep group" should be perma banned.

Last edited:
This is the Current Reputation Breakdown. It is Under Review. It's Idea Time.
==================================================

User jumps out of basement windows -5000
User should be ignored at all costs -2000
User is likely a worthless troll -1000
User is not well liked -500
User is misunderestimated -100
User is an unknown quantity at this point +-0
User could be on a school board +200
User could be police chief +1000
User Could have my own talk show +3000
User could be city mayor +5000
User could be state governor +10000
User could be state senator +15000
User could be the president +20000
User has a reputation beyond repute +30000
User could be the Buddha +40000
User could successfully start his own religion +100000
==================================================

Hasn't been changed for as far back as I can remember. Considering better Names for the Levels, and adding Levels. What's on your mind?

Let's open Pandora's Box.........:eusa_whistle: :):):)

Reputation is not as important to me as how many viewers are reading the threads I am posting in. I am constantly amazed that topics I find dull do extremely well. And sometimes a topic that I think are important dies after a couple of posts. I like the fact that I am learning the tastes of the USMB membership.

I consider it a compliment when someone gives me rep. It makes me feel good. When I get negative rep, it is usually from some poster I have slammed. I am not sure that anyone should have the right to take away someone elses reputation. Neg me, I neg back, it is that simple. Yes, it is childish. Also, I don't think it is that important.

One thing I do watch is my contacts and friends. I think this is more of an indicator of how one is perceived by USMB members. If I have angered someone on my friends list, I need to give that some thought. But, I think I am probably a minority opinion on the friends thing.

mm17.gif

Reputation?
She didn't care.​

I consider receiving negs as an opportunity for "Evil Lumpy" to have some fun..

btw..I just can't understand neging someone after their less than zero...

I've already been given advice on how to deal with the rep system. If someone negs you, neg them back and after a while they will stop.

If that's how the system works, what is it good for? it's a tit for tat hair pulling session that no one wins. The weak hand at the table is the noob who might only have 1000 points going up against someone who has 25k. They learn REAL QUICK to just shut up and move along because a few long term bullies who have racked up enough points can drive them into the red.

And they let the poor sap know it every chance they get.

Here's a question, why aren't rep histories public? I'm guessing it's because the site believes that is private member/site info that is nobodies business. If that's the case why are people allowed to come onto threads and cackle "negged you asshole, nyah, nyah, nyah!". Isn't that revealing personal site info of a member?

I've already been given advice on how to deal with the rep system. If someone negs you, neg them back and after a while they will stop.

If that's how the system works, what is it good for? it's a tit for tat hair pulling session that no one wins. The weak hand at the table is the noob who might only have 1000 points going up against someone who has 25k. They learn REAL QUICK to just shut up and move along because a few long term bullies who have racked up enough points can drive them into the red.

Here's a question, why aren't rep histories public? I'm guessing it's because the site believes that is private member/site info that is nobodies business. If that's the case why are people allowed to come onto threads and cackle "negged you asshole, nyah, nyah, nyah!". Isn't that revealing personal site info of a member?

You opted out of the rep system because you couldn't handle it. That's how you dealt with it.

I agree with all reps being made public. Those are hilarious.

Never do that...rep is zero in reality, always say what you believe, no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back