USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everyone! I am new to this forum but I know already I am going to like this thread.

Thank you, mdk, and you are most welcomed here; a place where politics are left at the door and general topics of discussion are welcomed. It's a good place to start off one's day, for sure. :thup:

Thank you and all of you that welcomed me so warmly. I am still finding my legs with the new place. I hope be a more prolific poster once I get a dash more free time.

Happy NFL Sunday everyone! Let's Go Steelers!

Darkwind said: So, the new ride is a Mazda 3 with the sport package and I admit...I like it. Its responsive and a decent ride.

Here is it.

View attachment 31634[/QUOTE]

I said: Really pretty Darkwind. I had a little Mazda RX3 with a Wankle engine eons ago. Ran the wheels off that car before my kids ran them off again. It was still running like a sewing machine when we traded it. Is that you sitting in it?

Darkwind said: It is.

How neat. Of course it probably isn't the best pic you've ever had taken, but it is fun to have a glimpse of what we look like.

(Had to edit because I screwed up the quote coding and didn't want to take time to fix it.)

Last edited:
HOA is no different than renting an apartment. Rules. Except you OWN the apartment.

Oh, HOA is worse. You own your property, but other people get to tell you how to take care of it.

I have a friend who wants to replace a window in her condo. The rules say she has to replace ALL of them; she can't replace just the one that is in bad repair. Oy. Very expensive.

I can't stand stupid HOA rules like those. What if only a single window was broken? Does that mean replacing all of them? Of course it doesn't. The rules should state that the replacement is equal to or better grade than original installation and is consistent with style and color. Beyond that it is up the homeowner what they choose to go with.

This particular rule isn't about broke glass - it's about replacing the entire window, frame and all. My friend has a dry rot problem in one window. The others are fine. They also require a certain make and model. Altogether, the cost would be close to $20K.

She should just replace the single window and let them try and force her to spend $20k. If they are stupid enough to try she will have a case to take to court against them. A little homework will probably turn up a bunch of similar lawsuits against HOA's where they lost when trying to force homeowners to spend unnecessary money. The HOA's own lawyer will probably tell them to rewrite their resolutions since that will be cheaper than a lawsuit.

Out at the family ranch, and this is what we go through every time at the bunk house.

horse and breakfast.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning everyone! I am new to this forum but I know already I am going to like this thread.

Thank you, mdk, and you are most welcomed here; a place where politics are left at the door and general topics of discussion are welcomed. It's a good place to start off one's day, for sure. :thup:

Thank you and all of you that welcomed me so warmly. I am still finding my legs with the new place. I hope be a more prolific poster once I get a dash more free time.

Happy NFL Sunday everyone! Let's Go Steelers!
A Steelers fan :woohoo:

Well, I'm still here. My leg hurts. I actually walked around the block yesterday for the first time since my surgery. Gonna need pain pills today. Hope all is well. I really don't care for this new format. The quotes is what gets me. Why can't they form a whole line instead of a long column?

Well, I'm still here. My leg hurts. I actually walked around the block yesterday for the first time since my surgery. Gonna need pain pills today. Hope all is well. I really don't care for this new format. The quotes is what gets me. Why can't they form a whole line instead of a long column?

New format? What was it like before? I'm a newbie here.

Commiserations with your leg trouble . I'm flat on my back with sciatica. And I have some heavy travelling coming up. .

I'm am glad you are still here.

Commiserations with your leg trouble . I'm flat on my back with sciatica. And I have some heavy travelling coming up. .

You poor thing, I will not list all my health problems here, it'll just look like a session in whining, which I'm very good at by the way. :D I'll pray for you. Where are you traveling to?

Shortly before you joined, USMB switched over to an entirely new software. We are all just now learing how to get around with it and the admin is working very diligently to get the bugs and kinks out of it.

You poor thing, I will not list all my health problems here, it'll just look like a session in whining, which I'm very good at by the way. :D I'll pray for you. Where are you traveling to?

The Levant. The US. Then the Levant.

I'm in perfect health other than this annoyance. It's caused by a slight wearing away of a spinal disc. Comes and goes. Affected by climate. But really bad this time. Gets on my nerves.

Mindful, a day or two ago I mentioned those wraps that your put around your thigh and wear under your clothing--is supposed to apply a form of acupressure that relieves sciatica symptoms and other back pain. They have been advertising it on TV a lot lately. I'm wanting somebody to try one and see if it really works before I order them for Hombre and me. :)

And we'll look forward to hearing about your adventures in your travels. :)

We're back from church and a pleasant brunch. The city is buzzing like a beehive today though--not sure what all is going on. I know that law enforcement people from all over are here for a major regional shooting competition, but surely that wouldn't fill up the town?

Anyhow for today's history lesson:

On September 7, 1981, Judge Wapner & People's Court premiered on TV introducing a new genre of reality television in which small claims court cases are arbitrated and are binding under the law. Los Angeles CountySuperior Court Judge Joseph Wapner presided on the show until May 21, 1993 when production ended. Revived in 1997, the show went through a series of judges until FloridaState Circuit Court Judge Marilyn Milian was put on the bench in 2001 and has been there ever since.

Who doesn't remember the iconic scenes from the movie "Rainman" as Ray eagerly looked forward to each days airing of People's Court? "One minute to Wapner."

judge-wapner.jpg

Oh, and I'm most pleased you are still here. The new format for the board has been a pretty steep learning curve for a lot of us, but day by day it becomes more comfortable and user friendly.

Oh, and I'm most pleased you are still here. The new format for the board has been a pretty steep learning curve for a lot of us, but day by day it becomes more comfortable and user friendly.

I was not pleased initially, but I've adapted...I'm 95% comfortable with the new format.

Forum List

Back