USMB Coffee Shop IV

When I was watching the video you posted, it immediately reminded me of the time I spent living in SW Missouri...not sure where that video was taken, but the landscape, and even the rustling of the leaves, seemed familiar.:)

Where in Southwest Missouri, Sherry? We lived in Pittsburg (Ks) for awhile....just 30 miles from Joplin.

About 20 minutes east of Springfield...I went to college at then SMSU, but it's now just MSU.:)

Ah, not that close but not that far from Joplin either. When we were living in Pittsburg, one of Hombre and my friends--a classmate of his from Plainview TX--was preaching in a Baptist church in Springfield. It was funny. When we lived in Plainview, he was in Amarillo about 80 miles away. When we moved to the north Texas Panhandle, he was about 60 miles away in a little town called Sunray. When we moved to Kansas he was about 90 miles away in Missouri. When he went to Australia though, we were nowhere near close. :)

Haven't been here in a few days. Busy shopping for stuff for sisters wedding.

Tournament next Sunday. Getting excited but I have been working hard. Its the State Titles, so if I win a medal, I will be one of the best in my State in my age and grade division. Got a silver in sparring last year, so lets hope I can get another this year.

Picked out a dress for both the bridal shower and the wedding. Well, mum picked out the wedding dress. The wedding one is blue mauve and looks awesome, and the one I picked is a dark floral pattern which I thought looked great.

I have a new job! Well, sort of. Its a trial at the market tomorrow, I am working in one of the stalls selling pet products. There may be several other people there trying to get the permanent position so I hope I do well. A job is a job, even if its only for a couple of hours. :)

Hi Noomi, is this another sister getting married? I remember some time back your sister was getting married in another country, so is this the same sister, same wedding? I thought it had already happened.

Kudos to you for working hard, hope you get a medal, and hope you do well in your new job.

One of my young karate mates, an 11 year old girl, was run over by a trailer last weekend. Not a trailer as in a truck, but a trailer you carry with your car. She has a massive bruise on her leg because she got too close to it. But she still turned up and put in 100% as per usual.

Little champion, she is. :)

Oh wow! When I first started reading your comment I thought for sure you were going to say she was killed....glad it wasn't that serious....that she was able to do her exercises is amazing. Did the driver even know it? :eek:

Good morning everyone! I am new to this forum but I know already I am going to like this thread.

We drink a lot of coffee - hope you are a coffee lover, but no matter, welcome anyway. Foxy said we could have other drinks.....:p

How do I turn forward, or go back a page? And find where I was before. I was on another forum with too many top heavy thrills and spills in the software.Though I got used to it in the end.

What do you mean by "watched threads"? Threads that we are all looking at right now?

However, thanks for the tutorial. I will do my best to imprint it on this brain of mine.

To go back on a page you just hit your back arrow up on your computer (under the red dot).....but after you respond to someone and your post is on the board, just hit the little arrow next to the person's username that you were responding to and it will take you back to their post....where you were when you responded to them.

NOOMI SAID: <<<< that little arrow.

Watched threads are those threads where you've made a comment at one time or another.

Given that I drive nearly 130 miles round trip for My job (each day), it goes without saying that I put a lot of miles on a vehicle. My Tribute finally gave up the ghost. It was running rough and over this past week, I had tried to get it to pass safety inspection, but alas....it was far to costly and at 211,883 miles, I think I managed to get My monies worth out of it.

I didn't really want to take out another auto loan as I wanted to get the Jeep paid off first, but I have to have transportation. This time, I opted for gas economy, mainly because it was costing Me a little over 400 dollars a month just in gas alone.

So, the new ride will cost about 40 percent of the cost of My Tribute, which will save Me over 200 dollars a month. Coincidentally, My new car payment equals out to 199.88 per month. Not to bad since the savings will make the car payment and maybe even cover most of the insurance increase, which shouldn't be much.

So, the new ride is a Mazda 3 with the sport package and I admit...I like it. Its responsive and a decent ride.

Here is it.

m3.jpg

Just got back from the Springs, picked up a used patio furniture set, in great shape for $40 as well as a few other things..... Basically some retail therapy......
The house situation is still up in the air but now the realtor (my brother hired) is trying to help us out. We sent our loan app package to him and he sent it to his loan people to see if anything can be done from a different angle, we'll see. Actually both the wife and I have reached the point of resignation, it'll happen or it won't, it's not in our hands.

Given that I drive nearly 130 miles round trip for My job (each day), it goes without saying that I put a lot of miles on a vehicle. My Tribute finally gave up the ghost. It was running rough and over this past week, I had tried to get it to pass safety inspection, but alas....it was far to costly and at 211,883 miles, I think I managed to get My monies worth out of it.

I didn't really want to take out another auto loan as I wanted to get the Jeep paid off first, but I have to have transportation. This time, I opted for gas economy, mainly because it was costing Me a little over 400 dollars a month just in gas alone.

So, the new ride will cost about 40 percent of the cost of My Tribute, which will save Me over 200 dollars a month. Coincidentally, My new car payment equals out to 199.88 per month. Not to bad since the savings will make the car payment and maybe even cover most of the insurance increase, which shouldn't be much.

So, the new ride is a Mazda 3 with the sport package and I admit...I like it. Its responsive and a decent ride.

Here is it.

View attachment 31634

Really pretty Darkwind. I had a little Mazda RX3 with a Wankle engine eons ago. Ran the wheels off that car before my kids ran them off again. It was still running like a sewing machine when we traded it. Is that you sitting in it?

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel and their house deal,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

One of my young karate mates, an 11 year old girl, was run over by a trailer last weekend. Not a trailer as in a truck, but a trailer you carry with your car. She has a massive bruise on her leg because she got too close to it. But she still turned up and put in 100% as per usual.

Little champion, she is. :)

Oh wow! When I first started reading your comment I thought for sure you were going to say she was killed....glad it wasn't that serious....that she was able to do her exercises is amazing. Did the driver even know it? :eek:

Yeah, the driver was her father, I think, lol. She got too close to it, is all.

The Greek festival, the farmers market. ComicCon, and the State Fair in SLC today. Family, friends, and freaks everywhere. Good times.

Haven't been here in a few days. Busy shopping for stuff for sisters wedding.

Tournament next Sunday. Getting excited but I have been working hard. Its the State Titles, so if I win a medal, I will be one of the best in my State in my age and grade division. Got a silver in sparring last year, so lets hope I can get another this year.

Picked out a dress for both the bridal shower and the wedding. Well, mum picked out the wedding dress. The wedding one is blue mauve and looks awesome, and the one I picked is a dark floral pattern which I thought looked great.

I have a new job! Well, sort of. Its a trial at the market tomorrow, I am working in one of the stalls selling pet products. There may be several other people there trying to get the permanent position so I hope I do well. A job is a job, even if its only for a couple of hours. :)

Hi Noomi, is this another sister getting married? I remember some time back your sister was getting married in another country, so is this the same sister, same wedding? I thought it had already happened.

Kudos to you for working hard, hope you get a medal, and hope you do well in your new job.

Same sister. She had a wedding in Hong Kong for his family, and she is having one for her Australian family. The one in HK is not recognised here.

The bridal shower is this weekend and mum still can't decide when she wants to come home. She needs to decide because my tournament is on the Sunday and I have to arrange a ride down there if it comes to it. She is pissing me off. Purposefully taking her time so she will have an excuse to force me not to go. Over my dead body.

The job went well. I worked four hours looking after one stall area. They have the biggest stall in the whole market, its the size of six stalls whacked together. I get to sell the crockery, saucepans, and other odd bits. I sold one lady a weather vane for $30 which was neat. And tons of plates, lol! So many people like to buy plates.
They will call me in a fortnight, so hopefully they still want me back!

Here is it.

View attachment 31634

Really pretty Darkwind. I had a little Mazda RX3 with a Wankle engine eons ago. Ran the wheels off that car before my kids ran them off again. It was still running like a sewing machine when we traded it. Is that you sitting in it?
It is.

Here is it.

View attachment 31634
Nice! Is there a white care rule in your area :lol:

Forum List

Back