Using technology to fundraise effectively

buckyhouse

Rookie
May 9, 2014
So back in the day, putting up a billboard or sending out a flyer was the most effective way to raise awareness for fundraising. But it's 2014 now and we've evolved to the point where people barely even open their paper mail anymore.

Technology is the future of communication, which leads to non-profits having to compete with large organizations on attracting your attention. Most people want to spend their hard-earned money on things for themselves, and I can't blame them with the constant barrage of advertisements you see every day. But non-profits still have a valuable purpose in this world.

My company isn't a non-profit, but we work with them occasionally. We conduct various research studies from time to time to share directly with our non-profit clients. While wanting them to grow as an organization, we'd also like to find the reasoning behind what best practices, technology, and trends work best when it comes to embracing technology for raising funds.

Does anyone have any personal solutions they might discuss for successful uses of technology in fundraising? Currently we're conducting a survey (findaccountingsoftware[dot]com/expert-advice/2014-fundraising-technology-trends-survey/) to find other's opinions on the use of technology in fundraising, with our ultimate goal being to collect data to share with our non-profits (feel free to take it if you want). Our goal is to help guide any future campaigns of theirs towards an increase in responses and donations.

Any personal stories of internet campaigns or ways you've reached out online with a positive reply rate? Are surveys and blogs an informative but non-intrusive way to drum up interest? I feel the most important thing when it comes to fundraising online is to avoid being too invasive. Most online users are bombarded with thousands of ads a day, and you'd hate to see an organization with a great cause be grouped into that type category.

Nascar Sponsorship works.. Can't wait to see Kevin Harvick driving the WWF Panda Chevrolet #26..

And Blimps.. Blimps are good technology for raising heads and awareness. :lol:

Forum List

Back