User moderated forum

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
What about a user moderated forum? Within this forum, the OP would be able to delete other users´ posts, ban other users, determine the zone whose rules apply, add own rules and decide which buttons are available to rate posts. Wouldn´t this be something entirely new and allow straight discussions without spam for example?

What about a user moderated forum? Within this forum, the OP would be able to delete other users´ posts, ban other users, determine the zone whose rules apply, add own rules and decide which buttons are available to rate posts. Wouldn´t this be something entirely new and allow straight discussions without spam for example?

It would allow nice linear threads without any dissenting voices and/or thoughts to invade your bubble/echo chamber. I can see how that would appeal to some of you.

It would allow nice linear threads without any dissenting voices and/or thoughts to invade your bubble/echo chamber. I can see how that would appeal to some of you.
That would differ by user, then.

Obviously.

Many folks have already employed "ignore" to accompish the same - a discussion board sans discussion.

Many folks have already employed "ignore" to accompish the same - a discussion board sans discussion.
It is not the same. If you ignore persons, their spam will still be disturbing the discussion. If you set your own rules indicated with a tag for example, everything is clear. If you don´t like it, don´t go there. Maybe, it could also relieve the overcrowded politics forum.

It is not the same. If you ignore persons, their spam will still be disturbing the discussion. If you set your own rules indicated with a tag for example, everything is clear. If you don´t like it, don´t go there. Maybe, it could also relieve the overcrowded politics forum.

Yes of course, the last thing "we" would want is a crowded and real discussion. Let's all go off into corners with our friends and agree with each other.

That´s not the purpose. Additionally, what´s the point of arguing with people who would ban you, if they could, hm?

Awesome idea for a private blog.

Awesome idea for a private blog.

Yes...a private blog might be helpful.

Some other thoughts...........to have a good political board....requires intelligent moderators. Where do you find them? Irregardless the moderation that I have seen thus far seems better than most...occasionally i see some poster go over the top...liberty is good but when you get into licentiousness...a line should be drawn.

If enough others also put the spammers on ignore, then the spammers will become like a tree that falls in the forest and nobody hears them. Only God will hear them.

I'm sure that a great many people would use it that way. I'd like to think I wouldn't. I would only delete off-topic posts, and trolling.

there are already posters on this board who think this is they way threads should run, call dissenting posts "troll posts" or "off-topic" posts, and complain to the moderators until posts are removed.

Xenforo already makes a blog add on feature for this platform for about 300 dollars. But one should keep in mind a majority here are posting on CK's dime including myself.

There are features here I have not seen anybody here use but me. For an example you CAN cross a live feed INTO your blog or even the thread.

Now in the xenforo blog add on its all SELF moderated. That means members can't bitch only delete and go on.

I don't think I like the idea that my posts can be deleted because the OP doesn't agree with them. Posters frequently consider others "trolls" if they simply disagree with them. (Boy, would I not have a lot of posts if that were the case everywhere on this board.)
I wouldn't use such a forum.

I'm sure that a great many people would use it that way. I'd like to think I wouldn't. I would only delete off-topic posts, and trolling.

We'd all like to think so. But then I've seen the bulk of the threads on here suggesting otherwise. Maybe you personally wouldn't.

Forum List

Back