USA allied to useless allies

ekrem

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2005
All allies perplexed, helpless, incompetent to step-up and help USA in significant way.
Failure in Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria.

Edit: Can you please move this thread to Middle-East section ? Thank you

Last edited:
Where's Israel, Saudis, the Kurds, the Armenians and the arrogant Europeans ?

And don't forget "the great warriors" from "little Sparta" financing the swamp in Washington

“They’re not just willing to fight — they’re great warriors,” said retired Marine Gen. James Mattis, who ran the U.S. Central Command from 2010 to 2013.

In the UAE, the United States has a quiet, potent ally nicknamed ‘Little Sparta’

ekrem
...well, I don't blame them......I wouldn't want the US getting involved in something that doesn't affect us.....the Kurds have enough trouble.....and who's to say they did not help covertly ?

ekrem
...well, I don't blame them......I wouldn't want the US getting involved in something that doesn't affect us.....the Kurds have enough trouble.....and who's to say they did not help covertly ?

Ok, let's assume USA is getting help covertly.
What was the result result of USA getting help in places like Afghanistan, Iraq etc., anything else than debacle (hence useless) ?

ekrem hahhahahhhah--I've been over these conflicts many times ......I JUST posted about it .......no, we could not change Afghanistan -that's impossible....but we did and could go in there to kill bad guys/get intel/etc
etc etc

....no horse in the race...I would think the Israelis are helping with intel/etc
You mean intel like they gave un iraq that they had weapons of mass destruction? We should never trust Israeli intell again.

Desperado
..I have been over this before......Iraq DID have WMD and USED them--on their OWN people.......AND they HINDERED the UN from INSPECTING/looking for WMD---whether they had them or not, is irrelevant

Neither our military nor our allies are responsible for failure of these flawed missions. Just look at the job presidents have accomplished in fixing our inner cities. And we're to buy into their grander nation building schemes?

This thread shows the utter ignorance of some folks. Many of our European allies were fighting along with us. Sweden, Belgium and Spain sent troops. Poland had sent over 33,000 troops. Germany and Italy pulled out just last month. Not to mention the UK, Canada and France that saw soldiers killed. Many were with us long after it was evident Afghanistan was a lost cause.

Last edited:
Probably the only allies we could ever count on would be Poland.

I would write off Canada and Australia because they have Left governments. Brits would give it the old college try but they are weak now.

Probably the only allies we could ever count on would be Poland.

I would write off Canada and Australia because they have Left governments. Brits would give it the old college try but they are weak now.

There there. We don't really need your help. We just need you to buy our weapons to keep the complex in business.

This thread shows the utter ignorance of some folks. Many of our European allies were fighting along with us. Sweden, Belgium and Spain sent troops. Poland had sent over 33,000 troops. Germany and Italy pulled out just last month. Not to mention the UK, Canada and France that saw soldiers killed. Many were with us long after it was evident Afghanistan was a lost cause.

Poland can not even police its own airspace without NATO, let alone deploying 33.000 soldiers to Afghanistan.

Macron urges new EU security deal in 'frank' dialogue with Russia​

FJfZTOPWQAM1RQD

Why Germany refuses weapons deliveries to Ukraine​

"The idea that Germany delivers weapons that could then be used to kill Russians is very difficult to stomach for many Germans," Marcel Dirsus, a nonresident fellow at the Institute for Security Policy at Kiel University (ISPK), told DW.

Denying Ukrainian arms, but selling Egypt nearly 4.35 billion € weapons last year

Forum List

Back