US Troops in serious peril now..Terry Jones burns Koran

Discussion in 'General Global Topics' started by manifold, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,226
    Discuss what? How stupid you are? The people killed were from the UN, not the US.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/02/world/asia/02afghanistan.html?_r=1&ref=global-home&pagewanted=all

2. Ernie S.

Ernie S. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,723
    While I agree whole heartedly, someone ought to slap the shit out of Reverend Jones.Muslims are pretty damned sensitive about their holy book, but that sensitivity doesn't extend to the scriptures of other religions. In a good deal of the Arab world, just the act of owning a Bible will get you beheaded... Or is is stoned?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,226
    Take responsibility for what? Did he attack the guards and take their weapons? Did he run around town and kill people? Did he preach to his congregation that they should go out and kill people? How the fuck is he responsible for something that happens on the other side of the world two weeks after he burned a single Quran?

The only proper response to this is to shit on Islam, not make excuses for it.

The Poet Versus the Prophet - Reason Magazine

4. ClosedCaption

ClosedCaption Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,627
    Quantum is just being Stupid and Immie explained it well. Should anyone be afraid after publicly mocking Muslims? He'll yeah

Is it right? Fuck no!

But Jones knew that he was going to incite them unless he didn't know they go nuts about their book. Which he did.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. MikeK

MikeK Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,577
    You don't think there is a significant difference between dressing provocatively and maliciously desecrating the venerated object of known suicidal fanatics?

6. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,226
    What a fucking idiot.

Go back to school, study history, then come back and discuss what happens in the real world. The reason those Muslims feel free to kill people is you are afraid of them, and feel compelled to make excuses for them because of that fear.

If you want to apportion blame to someone, you can chalk up a large portion blame for this to yourself.

Only 14, Bangladeshi girl charged with adultery was lashed to death - CNN

Add in a dash of blame for this.

Courageous Hollywood Director Cyrus Nowrasteh on Hannity, Shows How Films Can Save Lives | NewsReal Blog

You can can also know that you condone these threats.

Taliban threatens Veena Malik for defaming Pakistan | Total Filmy

Take a long look in a mirror and know that that the face you are looking at is responsible for hatred, oppression, and death. You are disgusting.

7. Ragnar

Ragnar <--- Pic is not me

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +843
    All the more reason to break that taboo.

All the more reason for "Everyone draw Mohammad Day" and the like. All the more reason for every newspaper in the world to publish Mohammad cartoons.

Christians used to have fanatics too. However, to date, the total number of people killed over the taxpayer funded "pissCrist"= 0.

8. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,064
    I think we should let Jones and the terrorist loons duke it out personally... maybe they'll destroy each other...

and that way normal people won't get hurt.

morons... all of em

(that said, why was the koran burning covered? it wasn't news and they shouldn't have known ... and it shouldn't have been done).

9. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,226
    Their goal in life is to kill me and enslave my family. Leaving them alone is not an option.

10. Ragnar

Ragnar <--- Pic is not me

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +843
    No.

I think a rape victim feels maliciously desecrated in body and suspect you do as well. I think the problem and sole responsibility lies both with the rapist and suicidal fanatics and not their so called provocateurs.

I have to much respect for books qua books to endorse burning (or banning) any of them however what one person does with their own property is not my concern.