US Troops in serious peril now..Terry Jones burns Koran

Discussion in 'General Global Topics' started by manifold, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    No second look needed. I realized that, but I was one of those that said Jones was somewhat responsible for those deaths.

Let's put it this way, do you blame the bees that stung you after someone else riled them up?

I believe Jones is smart enough to know that radical Muslims will kill for a perceived slight. Hell, we all remember Saloman Rushdie (sp?) and the guy that drew those cartoons of Mohammed.

Those Muslims should all be caught, tried for murder and then shot, but Jones should have known (and I believe he did know) that what he was doing would cause this kind of a response which is why I think he should bear some of the responsibility.

Immie

2. gautama

gautama BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +336
    Fuck the Qu'ran.

Fuck the Muslims.

And fuck the Obamarrhoidal LibTURDS......who, as a rule, defend these arseholes.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  3. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,929
    What Jones did is what Jones did which is despicable. Every person takes responsibility for his or her own actions. The murderers are soley responsible for deciding to kill 12 innocent people.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. CaféAuLait

CaféAuLait This Space for Rent

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,326

Bees are insects and react out of instinct. Humans have the ability to think and reason. None was used here.

Put it this way, they put a bounty on Rushdie and killed people over cartoons. Is it more terrorism on their part? It is indeed IMO. Should all to bend to their demands to assure no one is offended? That is the way I see it. You do that and I will kill!! They have threatened South Park and have killed over the years and threatened to kill over a depiction of Mohammad.

They need to learn their rights to not usurp the rights of others. I recall the warnings when I purchased Salman Rushdie's book years ago. DO NOT flaunt the book—your life will be in danger. I was purchasing a book for crying out loud. I should not have to live in fear tucking the book in a paper sac at the bottom of backpack. Many were fearful to purchase the book because of the threats.

Did you know that many of the people who helped Rushdie were killed? His translators and publishers?

Salman Rushdie - Definition

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  5. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    Well at least we agree that what Jones did is despicable.

However, I don't see Jones taking any responsibility for his actions. I guess personal responsibility is not on his lists of sermon points. :D

Is he responsible for the murders? No, not directly. However, he knew where the Koran burning would end up, that makes his actions contributory.

I wonder... did he and Phelps attend the same seminary?

Immie

6. Vel

Vel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914
    What Fred Phelps does is reprehensible but do you see Americans killing others and then trying to blame Phelp's actions for their own. People own their own responses.

7. BolshevikHunter

BolshevikHunter BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +273
    I think it's pretty stupid to burn the Quaran. There are plenty of Muslims who don't go around beheading or blowing people up. I think this idiot did it for attention and personal gain. He probably wanted to appear on the next Ellen Degenerate show. ~BH

8. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    I didn't buy the book, but I did borrow it from the library simply because of the controversy. Truthfully, I started to read it, but it never caught my attention so I returned it to the library without finishing it.

As I said in my last post, which was made after you posted this, Pastor Jones' actions were contributory to these murders. He didn't kill those people and he should not have had to worry about anyone being killed for his actions, but you and I both know that when it comes to radical Muslims, they will kill for their cause. Jones knew it as well. Therefore, he should have considered that lives might be lost because of this. He provoked them and people have died because of that.

Those are my reasons for believing he bares some responsibility in this case. That does not mean I think he should be tried for murder, just that if I were him, I would feel that my actions had in some way caused the deaths of those 12 people and I personally would feel terrible about that.

Immie

9. CaféAuLait

CaféAuLait This Space for Rent

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,326
    Would I be responsible for my murder if I had been killed after I purchased Satanic Verses? I was warned and I knew many Muslims were upset over people purchasing the book. Should I be terrified or bend to terroristic threats and not have bought the book?

10. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    Hey, it sounds to me like you were depressed and considering suicide.

No, and I think this part of my post should have made the answer to that question quite clear.

Immie