US Tourist smashes two ancient statues in Vatican when he is denied an audience with the Pope.

Nice pics., if you have more, please share.
vat06.jpg

vat15.jpg

vat13.jpg

Removed isn't destroyed.

Please tell me you're not so stupid that you didn't see which statues have been vandalized.

Did you even read the link? Because if you did, you wouldn't have said something so stupid...

True, it is an atrocity and a crime. But from what the article said, they were not destroyed. They may be restorable.

And if they can't be repaired, then that means they're destroyed.

As it is, thousand year old statues can't be "repaired" to be anything approaching original condition...

The story doesn't mean much without an interview with the person who cause the damage. Is he a crazy bastard or did he sincerely want to talk to il Papa about an urgent or critical matter?

While visiting the Vatican is an overwhelming experience, exposing one to incredible timeless art and craftsmanship, one must never lose sight of the fact that these priceless objects of art are nothing more than material items, totally removed from the mission of the Church in today's world. Burn the whole thing down and the Church will remain, being no more and no less relevant.

He should say two "Hail Marys" and pay a hefty fine along with the thousands of dollars he will owe from his childish temper tantrum.
Just THINK how many child sexual abuse claims could have been paid off if those statues had been sold instead...

But I didn't know Biden was in Italy...

This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

Removing the statues of treasonous, racist war criminals is perfectly appropriate and warranted.
So we need to pull down the Jefferson Memorial and Washington Monument then?

Just THINK how many child sexual abuse claims could have been paid off if those statues had been sold instead...

But I didn't know Biden was in Italy...
Glad Walker is in Geirgia. If he hadn't been...I would have swore the anger came after one of his girlfriends refused to have an abortion.

Oh? What statues were destroyed?
Albuquerque, N.M.
A statue was found vandalized on June 14 after a petition was created requesting its removal. The statue depicts Don Juan de Oñate and other conquistadors leading the Spaniards through “New Spain.”
Chicago
The George Washington statue in Washington Park was found vandalized on June 14. The statue could be seen spray painted, and it had a white hood placed on its head.
El Paso, Texas
A statue depicting Don Juan de Onate was vandalized on June 11. The statue is in the entrance of El Paso International Airport.
Miami
Protesters vandalized the statues of Christopher Columbus and Juan Ponce de Leon on June 10, spray painting a hammer and sickle, Black Lives Matter fists and more. Miami Police arrested seven suspects.
Providence, R.I.
A school teacher and two others were arrested after they allegedly vandalized a statue of Columbus on June 13. All three suspects were charged with desecration of a grave/monument and conspiracy.
Raleigh, N.C.
Protesters vandalized a Confederate statue at the state Capitol on June 10. The group, known as Raleigh United, has since added a golden plaque honoring George Floyd.

Thats a few of the vandalized and destroyed statues, we could go on but why?

Forum List

Back