US to become biggest oil producer before 2020

Why would an "oil man" like Barry Hussein prevent the Keystone pipeline from being a reality? The problem for the radical left is that they can't identify left wing hypocrisy. Hussein is the biggest hypocrite in American history and he would have been laughed out of the White House if the liberal media didn't defend him every chance they had. Barry Hussein supports American energy but he also supports nut case left wing global warmers so he lies to everyone.When big issues come up he escapes on a vacation or on a election tour. Basic energy problems are left to stupid (majority) democrat politicians and gigantic federal bureaucracies who couldn't tie their shoes without a hundred page blueprint.

Last edited:
Why would an "oil man" like Barry Hussein prevent the Keystone pipeline from being a reality? The problem for the radical left is that they can't identify left wing hypocrisy. Hussein is the biggest hypocrite in American history and he would have been laughed out of the White House if the liberal media didn't defend him every chance they had. Barry Hussein supports American energy but he also supports nut case left wing global warmers so he lies to everyone.When big issues come up he escapes on a vacation or on a election tour. Basic energy problems are left to stupid (majority) democrat politicians and gigantic federal bureaucracies who couldn't tie their shoes without a hundred page blueprint.

Regardless whatever political partisan group is in power, I don't see much support for Keystone.

Why should US oil companies want imported Canadian crude while they are producing in the US at profit?

If anyone should be grateful for the Eco-Wackos, and their "Peak Oil" Chant, it should be US oil producers.

Hear! Hear! :thup:

We are producing more and more oil yet my gas prices just went up 15 cents. The demand excuse is just that, an excuse. Man I shoulda started an oil business. I could have done whatever I wanted with no check.

Most of what you pay at the pump are state and federal excise/sales taxes.

Go to work for the gubmint, or become a gubmint contractor if you really want to take advantage of that $0.15/gal increase.

Go to work for the gubmint, or become a gubmint contractor if you really want to take advantage of that $0.15/gal increase.

How does a GovCo employee benefit from an increase in the price of gasoline? The taxes you mention are NOT percentage based, they are fixed. So the fluctuation in price is related to the real cost of the inputs and distribution, the taxes themselves don't change in the least with the price at the pump. So if you pay $2.00/gal for gasoline, and $0.70/gal are taxes, if the price of gasoline goes to $3.00/gal for the consumer, $0.70/gal are still the taxes.

Last edited:

How does a GovCo employee benefit from an increase in the price of gasoline? The taxes you mention are NOT percentage based, they are fixed. So the fluctuation in price is related to the real cost of the inputs and distribution, the taxes themselves don't change in the least with the price at the pump. So if you pay $2.00/gal for gasoline, and $0.70/gal are taxes, if the price of gasoline goes to $3.00/gal for the consumer, $0.70/gal are still the taxes.

I did not say taxes depended on the price per gallon.

I said the price/gallon depended on the tax.

The higher the tax is fixed, the higher the price of gas. I'll conceed the tax may not be % of the sale, only because I'll assume, regardless of how far-fetched, you have evidence that no state in the entire nation places a sales tax on gasoline.

At any rate, you are correct: the average government employee is not directly rewarded through gasoline tax increases any more than are the average oil producer employee rewarded because gasoline prices rise.

However, the tax is often used to fund government expenditures, and contractors often benefit from these.

At any rate, you are correct: the average government employee is not directly rewarded through gasoline tax increases any more than are the average oil producer employee rewarded because gasoline prices rise.

However, the tax is often used to fund government expenditures, and contractors often benefit from these.

Oh, I can certainly see how government contractors profit from government expenditures, every day of the week and twice on Sundays. The hiccup that caught my eye was the GovCo bureaucrats, many of whom haven't received a raise in a few years now, are somehow living it large because of normal swings in total gas price.

One of the interesting side effects of Americans driving less, is that fewer taxes are collected, and those who claim they want more eco-friendly citizens, one component of which is driving less, now have to find new ways to hammer said citizens because heaven forbid someone actually find a way to do what they do more efficiently.

Punish those who do what we tell them to do! Gotta love GovCo in action.

States Target Hybrids As Gas Tax Revenues Ebb : NPR

A boom in new fossil fuel production is one of the few bright spots in our economy right now.
Things will really take off when we have Admin that is actually friendly to the fossil fuel industry.
Solar and wind are hopelessly inadequate and cannot at this time be used for large scale base power generation.

Forum List

Back