US State Department Warns: Americans Urged to Reconsider Travel to China as of June 30th

Jim H - VA USA

Plutonium Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2020
Summary: Reconsider travel to Mainland China due to the arbitrary enforcement of local laws, including in relation to exit bans, and the risk of wrongful detentions.

• Advisory comes after a 78-year-old U.S. citizen was sentenced to life in prison on spying charges in May
  • China recently passed a broadly written counterespionage law
  • Advisory warns: U.S. citizens in China 'may be detained without access to U.S. consular services or information about their alleged crime'
  • China had no immediate response to the travel advisory on Monday.

Americans should not be getting wrongfully detained in China. The Admin should do something more than a travel advisory.

China won't be wrongfully arresting and charging American with trumped up crimes.

But they will be highly efficient in rooting out American spies!

This warning appears to be forecasting America's intention on arresting American citizens who are Chinese.

"Arbitrary enforcement of laws"...sounds a hell of alot like Canada. At least based on the unaccountable persecution I have experienced....
No, it doesn't, other than in your head that's due to your imagination that the police want to do you harm.

You will lose everything if you don't come to your senses soon. Do you really want to throw your hat in the ring with the US hate that's causing dysfunction that's escalating to a critical level?

No, it doesn't, other than in your head that's due to your imagination that the police want to do you harm.

You will lose everything if you don't come to your senses soon. Do you really want to throw your hat in the ring with the US hate that's causing dysfunction that's escalating to a critical level?
If America will ensure my protection based on the U.S Constitution, then philsophically and spiritually I am American anyways. Let's face it, this was preordained since I was a kid watching the '84 Ollympics (I shared some of those stories on here long ago). You act as if I have anything now. My life was stolen from me long ago.

If America will ensure my protection based on the U.S Constitution, then philsophically and spiritually I am American anyways. Let's face it, this was preordained since I was a kid watching the '84 Ollympics (I shared some of those stories on here long ago). You act as if I have anything now. My life was stolen from me long ago.

We'd be glad to have you in our country, fellow patriot.

China won't be wrongfully arresting and charging American with trumped up crimes.

But they will be highly efficient in rooting out American spies!

This warning appears to be forecasting America's intention on arresting American citizens who are Chinese.
After decades of birth tourism where Chinese women come her in late pregnancy to give birth, then return to China it's time we did something. American born Chinese don't always think of themselves as Americans.

Pot calling kettle black lol

I think we've always known this was where China would end up eventually. Since when do dictators put a limit on their power? Authoritarian governments always get worse, not better. What's astounding to me is how much Xi wishes he was in Putin's shoes right now, conversely Putin wishes he could just go back in a time machine, lmao

How many yuan do you get for each stupid post?

The ones who grew up in America do. Mainland Chinese people often don't think of ABC as Chinese. It can cause hurtful divisions within families.
hello , do you know the answer ?

After decades of birth tourism where Chinese women come her in late pregnancy to give birth, then return to China it's time we did something. American born Chinese don't always think of themselves as Americans.

This is literally the dumbest statement. If they were born here, grew up here, educated and lived all their lives here, of course they're going to think of themselves as Americans. Daft so daft.

This is literally the dumbest statement. If they were born here, grew up here, educated and lived all their lives here, of course they're going to think of themselves as Americans. Daft so daft.
You obviously got a reading problem - I had noticed that in regards to your answers onto my posts as well.

EvilCat Breath stated: Chinese women come her in late pregnancy to give birth, then return to China....

Which is absolutely correct, since I happen to know some of these women personally.

Summary: Reconsider travel to Mainland China due to the arbitrary enforcement of local laws, including in relation to exit bans, and the risk of wrongful detentions.

• Advisory comes after a 78-year-old U.S. citizen was sentenced to life in prison on spying charges in May
  • China recently passed a broadly written counterespionage law
  • Advisory warns: U.S. citizens in China 'may be detained without access to U.S. consular services or information about their alleged crime'
  • China had no immediate response to the travel advisory on Monday.

Americans should not be getting wrongfully detained in China. The Admin should do something more than a travel advisory.

Loads of Americans live and work in China without any problems, they don't get shot, they don't get attacked....

You are either dense or deliberately misunderstood. Women come here in late stage pregnancy. They have their American born children and return to China. The children do not grow up here. They are not educated here. They never live here. They are Chinese in every sense of the word except for birth citizenship.

You are either dense or deliberately misunderstood. Women come here in late stage pregnancy. They have their American born children and return to China. The children do not grow up here. They are not educated here. They never live here. They are Chinese in every sense of the word except for birth citizenship.

Sorry, i was only responding to the portion that unkotare quoted, and thought that was the entire post. Didn't bother reading your whole post even though i quoted it.

Forum List

Back