US starts to pull Patriot missiles from Turkey at critical time!!!

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
Sounds like the shit is starting to get REAL over there!!!! Could it be this is PAYBACK to Turkey for not letting the U.S. use Turkish bases with Saddam? It looks like Russia wants a piece of PM Ergodon for fucking with them! ...Hmmmmm!

Hurriyet Daily News ^
The U.S. has started to pull its Patriot missiles stationed in Turkey, despite a recent appeal from Ankara to its NATO allies to keep the air and missile defense units at a delicate time on the border with Syria. Patriot missiles were initially deployed at the Gaziantep 5th Armored Brigade Command in southeastern Turkey after the country appealed to its NATO allies to guard against rockets from Syria.

The desire of partisans to remain willfully ignorant in order to satisfy their political and or religious agenda never ceases to amaze me.

ISTANBUL — Turkey and United States said on Sunday that Washington would withdraw its Patriot missile batteries from the country in October after bolstering Ankara's air defenses against threats from Syria's civil war.

The NATO mandate for the two-year mission will run out in October and will not be renewed, but the US is prepared to return Patriot assets and personnel to Turkey within one week if needed, a joint Turkish-US statement said.

"They will be redeployed to the US for critical modernization upgrades that will ensure the US missile defense force remains capable of countering evolving global threats and protecting Allies and partners, including Turkey," the statement said.

It also emphasized that Washington remains committed to "support Turkey's air defense capabilities, including against ballistic missile risks and threats."
US To Withdraw Patriot Missiles From Turkey

Sounds like the shit is starting to get REAL over there!!!! Could it be this is PAYBACK to Turkey for not letting the U.S. use Turkish bases with Saddam? It looks like Russia wants a piece of PM Ergodon for fucking with them! ...Hmmmmm!

Hurriyet Daily News ^
The U.S. has started to pull its Patriot missiles stationed in Turkey, despite a recent appeal from Ankara to its NATO allies to keep the air and missile defense units at a delicate time on the border with Syria. Patriot missiles were initially deployed at the Gaziantep 5th Armored Brigade Command in southeastern Turkey after the country appealed to its NATO allies to guard against rockets from Syria.
Probably ordered to by Putin.

Germany is also shutting down its patriot missile battery in Turkey. Something is going on.
Nothing is going on, that is the point to pulling the defense systems. The patriots missiles were put there out of fear that Assad might launch missiles into Turkey. That fear has subsided.

Last edited:
Germany is also shutting down its patriot missile battery in Turkey. Something is going on.
Nothing is going on, that is the point to pulling the defense systems. The patriots missiles were put their out of fear that Assad might launch missiles into Turkey. That fear has subsided.
Jens Stoltenberg, General Secretary of NATO, is speaking all the time recently about how NATO is ready to push back on Russia's intrusions into Turkish airspace. I would consider that as something going on.

If we end up going to war for Turkey (which I doubt), I'd be pissed. They fucking shouldn't even be in NATO.

If we end up going to war for Turkey (which I doubt), I'd be pissed. They fucking shouldn't even be in NATO.
It is a very plausible scenario. Erdoğan is the problem. He thinks he's the new regional sultan. The next ruler of the revived Ottoman empire.

Nothing is going on, that is the point to pulling the defense systems. The patriots missiles were put their out of fear that Assad might launch missiles into Turkey. That fear has subsided.
Jens Stoltenberg, General Secretary of NATO, is speaking all the time recently about how NATO is ready to push back on Russia's intrusions into Turkish airspace. I would consider that as something going on.
Ok, but that isn't relevant to the original purpose of placing the missile defense system in place or the decision to remove them.

Ok, but that isn't relevant to the original purpose of placing the missile defense system in place or the decision to remove them.
Considering that Turkey was our Cold War ally from way back that is probably exactly why the patriot missile system was there in the first place.

The missile batteries were put in place in 2013 and given a 2 year lease to protect Turkey from Syrian missiles. Russia was not a concern at the time, there is no probably to it.

The missile batteries were put in place in 2013 and given a 2 year lease to protect Turkey from Syrian missiles. Russia was not a concern at the time, there is no probably to it.
Oh. Thanks for the clarification. I did not know these were designated for a specific purpose.

Funds and manpower could be better spent instead of addressing a now non existent threat.

The desire of partisans to remain willfully ignorant in order to satisfy their political and or religious agenda never ceases to amaze me.

ISTANBUL — Turkey and United States said on Sunday that Washington would withdraw its Patriot missile batteries from the country in October after bolstering Ankara's air defenses against threats from Syria's civil war.

The NATO mandate for the two-year mission will run out in October and will not be renewed, but the US is prepared to return Patriot assets and personnel to Turkey within one week if needed, a joint Turkish-US statement said.

"They will be redeployed to the US for critical modernization upgrades that will ensure the US missile defense force remains capable of countering evolving global threats and protecting Allies and partners, including Turkey," the statement said.

It also emphasized that Washington remains committed to "support Turkey's air defense capabilities, including against ballistic missile risks and threats."
US To Withdraw Patriot Missiles From Turkey
Exactly as the Jupiter missiles were removed from Turkey in 1962 because 'they were obsolete and were scheduled for removal anyway'.
Been there, done that. Obama has been had (again) just like Kennedy was.

Forum List

Back