US Seeks To Imprison Single Mother

☭proletarian☭;1910183 said:
I can't see a female soldier openly engaging in prostitution for money. Word would get out and she would go to military prison. It is more subtle. Gifts, guys volunteering to do your duties. I think for most, it more likely they are women who were not exactly prom queen material at home who now have guys falling all over them.

Sounds like dating...

Remind me why short-term relationships ('prostitution') are illegal again.

Sorry not following you

He's equating dating with prostitution and I can only suspect that's because it's the only dating experiences he has had. Probably a lot like Steve Buscemi's character in Fargo.

☭proletarian☭;1910174 said:
☭proletarian☭;1909352 said:
Since you're too stupid the have got it the first time, I thought repetition might help hammer it through that thick skull of yours into whatever brain there might be inside.

All you are doing is ignoring the facts of the situation and pretending she did absolutely nothing to fulfill her obligations. When you respond to the available information please let me know.

Talking to yourself is a sign of insanity :eusa_eh:

How's that working out for ya? I've noticed people of a certain political camp are often drawn to making the discussion strictly personal.

I once was on a flight and sat next to a female soldier who had just returned from Iraq. She said the females described it as "Queen for a Year". All soldiers are severely punished for having relationships with the locals. Therefore, the female soldiers are the only game in town and are treated like queens regardless of how unattractive they may be. With the ratio of males to females above 10:1, the women have guys falling all over them.

The soldiers are bored and have limited R&R. Sex is going to happen. For any female not to be on some type of long term birth control is irresponsible. I don't advocate prison, but think unmarried women should be processed out of the Army for pregnancy

Should unmarried fathers be processed out of the military?

If it interferes with their ability to fill their COMMITMENT to the military then ABSOLUTELY YES!!!

By the way Curve are you on here 24/7?

I once was on a flight and sat next to a female soldier who had just returned from Iraq. She said the females described it as "Queen for a Year". All soldiers are severely punished for having relationships with the locals. Therefore, the female soldiers are the only game in town and are treated like queens regardless of how unattractive they may be. With the ratio of males to females above 10:1, the women have guys falling all over them.

The soldiers are bored and have limited R&R. Sex is going to happen. For any female not to be on some type of long term birth control is irresponsible. I don't advocate prison, but think unmarried women should be processed out of the Army for pregnancy

Should unmarried fathers be processed out of the military?

If it interferes with their ability to fill their COMMITMENT to the military then ABSOLUTELY YES!!!

By the way Curve are you on here 24/7?

Try to pay attention instead of answering questions that were not asked.

Pretty clear most people who are condemning this soldier absolutely refuse to do anything but cherry pick info then make all sorts of false claims about her. That's fucking sad but it is a testament to just how empty the "Support Our Troops" slogan has always been. All done with this thread but I will say if anyone wishes to have an honest debate then let me know.

☭proletarian☭;1909310 said:
Are you trying to get in JD's pants.

By joining the military, you put your obligation to the armed forces and these united states above and before ANYTHING else. If you're not prepared to do that, don't sign up. She was not conscripted. she chose to incur an obligation to put her duty before anything and everything else when she was called upon. She chose to have a child. She chose her child over her duty. Discharge her and give her no benefits. She failed to meet the obligation to which she agreed.

Since you're too stupid the have got it the first time, I thought repetition might help hammer it through that thick skull of yours into whatever brain there might be inside.

All you are doing is ignoring the facts of the situation and pretending she did absolutely nothing to fulfill her obligations. When you respond to the available information please let me know.

NOBODY said she did "absolutely nothing" but she OBVIOUSLY didn't do ENOUGH did she?

NOBODY said she did "absolutely nothing" but she OBVIOUSLY didn't do ENOUGH did she?

I'm sorry. What exactly was unclear about the "honest debate" part?

Please you don't know SHIT about being "HONEST". You REFUSE to answer the question about WHY her OWN MOTHER refused to care for her grand child. Oh yeah that doesn't matter because it does not fit YOUR predetermined conclusion.

Obviously, we can never know why this woman ultimately did not deploy. It might have been because she was terrified that her son would be put into foster care. It might have been because she and her mother thought it would be an easy way to get out of a) deployment and b) the Army altogether since precedent has shown that the military will eventually just send her on her way with an honorable discharge as they have with other soldiers.

What we can do is look at what we DO know:

1) Army spokespeople have stated that they did offer her alternatives that were NOT foster care - including several veteran's groups who would help her...and she refused them.
2) The soldier claims one of her commanding officers stated that her child might end up in the foster care system if she did not find an alternative prior to deploying.
3) Her mother backed out at the last minute claiming that she couldn't do it...even though that might mean her daughter would go to military prison.
4) The soldier's mother said she had wanted to take care of the 10-month old, but was already caring for an 8-year-old daughter with special needs and a frail mother and running a day care center with 14 children, Hughes said, and the load overwhelmed her.

With this in mind...it seems to me that one of three things is going on:

A) The soldier heard "foster care," off the cuff from one of her superior officers and it freaked her out so much that she was absolutely unable to think of anything else, including the more reasonable alternatives that were actually offered. She panicked and made poor decisions because her brain was unable to wrap itself around any of the assistance that was being offered by the military.

If this is the case, then she has shown that while she was not deliberately trying to avoid deployment...she certainly does not possess the ability to work through a problem calmly and consider all options before acting. As a mother, I can understand panicking at the thought of putting your young child in foster care...but this woman is not just a mother - she is a soldier...and the fact that she was unable to work through this problem despite being offered help indicates that she does not possess the needed skills to be a successful soldier. She should be discharged (honorably, since thats the precedent set by other single parents) and the military should be glad that they never put her in a forward zone.

B) She and her mother are lying. They decided that her mother would back out and the military would discharge the soldier since she had no other means of childcare...she would get out of the military not have to go to a forward zone. She was not counting on the military offering alternatives...so when they DID, she simply turned them down...latching on the the most unappealing of the list of alternatives in order to "prove her point." She has now found a lawyer that is basically using the defense that the Army is "mean." And hoping that kind-hearted civilians will rally to her side...as they have.

What supports this theory? Her mother is a child-care expert who is already caring for 14 kids and several family members. Is one more child going to make that impossible? Highly unlikely for someone who deals with high numbers of kids everyday. The idea that her mother would willingly let her child face a court-marshall and jail-time rather than add a bit more work to her already busy schedule just doesn't pass the smell test.

And why did the soldier refuse the alternatives that didn't involve foster care? It seems that if she was serious about remaining in the military and wasn't trying to get out of deployment she would have accepted almost any alternative that was not foster care...and obviously some of these alternatives had to be acceptable (and isn't it odd how she and her lawyer aren't mentioning them at all...only foster care - which sounds terrible and scary to most people?).

3) The third scenario, as I see it, is that the military is lying. The soldier's plans fell through and they said "tough shit...show up, we'll put your kid in foster care, we don't care." When she didn't...the awful, cruel military arrested her and might put her in jail.

Based on what we KNOW...these options seem to be the most logical to me. Either she freaked out because one of her superior officers mentioned that foster care might be an option and because of it...she didn't listen to any of the other more appealing options. OR, she decided this would be a quick and easy way out of going to war. OR, the military is lying and they never offered her any assistance other than putting her child in the foster care system while they shipped her overseas.

Personally, as a military spouse, the last option is wholly unbelievable. The military has thousands single parents and parents in odd situations that it works with every day. It isn't shipping them all off to foster care...the military is trained to work with its soldiers, not against them.

I believe that either of the first two options are possible...and regardless of which one I personally believe it is...the bottom line is that both should end in the same way...the woman should be discharged from the military immediately - either because she does not possess the necessary decision making skills needed to be an effective soldier...or because she is a liar and a fraud.

Finally, I just have to say to CurveLight...that claiming or implying that if someone thinks this woman is trying to play the system is evidence that they "Don't Support Our Troops," is just pathetic. There is evidence to support numerous interpretations of this incident...and to claim that someone doesn't support the troops because they have reached a different conclusion than you is just the lowest form of debate.

Please you don't know SHIT about being "HONEST". You REFUSE to answer the question about WHY her OWN MOTHER refused to care for her grand child. Oh yeah that doesn't matter because it does not fit YOUR predetermined conclusion.

That's a flat out lie as that has already been addressed. Want to see it again?

"However, after a week of caring for the child, Hughes realized she was unable to care for Kamani along with her other duties of caring for a daughter with special-needs, her ailing mother and an ailing sister."
Army Files Charges Against Single Mother

You are ignoring the bulk of information and have been. It's been proven, contrary to the bullshit claims, she was in compliance and you can't exactly blame her for her mother backing out. Why do you focus on that? Oh yeah, it's because it fits your preconceived childish paranoia this was all a grand conspiracy to avoid deployment. The difference between us is I looked at ALL of the information whereas you have chosen to ignore about 80% and in addition make false claims.

Try to point out one fucking thing I have ignored? Want to see more of what you have ignored?

She was not given an extension.

Her FCP was approved by the military.

There was no FCP back up requirement as you and DD falsely claimed.

The military reneged on the extension they said she could have.

They waited TWO MONTHS to charge her. Why couldn't that time have been used for an extension?

The next time you accuse me of being dishonest you better bring a whole hell of a lot more to the table than what you brought this time.

Gem, you got any links to back up your "what we KNOW" part? Could you name a single Vet group that she was offered for help? That list of what we "know" is splotchy and frankly, a poor attempt to justify a position you cannot defend with the facts. Like the "her mother" backed out even though that meant her daughter going to prison. Well guess what? Since the military didn't charge here until TWO MONTHS after her deployment date how do you make that claim? I know this case very well so you better come more prepared and stop trying to pass off speculation as fact. Some people have accused this Soldier of fabricating lies just to avoid deployment when they had absolutely nothing to justify those accusations on. Yes, I am justified in pointing out that is at odds with the "Support Our Troops" mantra. I also noticed you ignored the facts the military gave her an extension then reneged. Could you explain why they could wait two months to charge her but not give her an extension to find another caregiver?

For those who don't know shit about the problems of custody:

Parents who go to war often lose custody of kids | www.azstarnet.com ®

Custody battles can become a rude ‘welcome home’ for military parents | Stars and Stripes Mobile

Oh and Gem, her lawyer did mention the claim the military gave alternatives other that foster care and the lawyer pointed out the military has not once been able to name the Vet group that offered help or any other group. So basically, your accusation against her attorney is evidence of your ignorance of the facts. If her lawyer was trying to keep the supposed alternatives a "secret" why the hell would she publicly state the military never provided the names of those organizations?

Last edited:
Gem, actually, makes your arguments, Curvelight, very, very weak. No, you are not the exemplar of critical thinking skills. Gem has done a far better job of analysis than you.

When you voluntarily sign your life away it becomes an obligation to you to make yourself available. The military offered her options to get care for her child while she fulfilled her duty, which is more than any job I have ever had until now would have done for me. She obviously felt her situation was above everyone else and scoffed at her duty. No matter what any articles say, she chose not to go. She had a tough decision to make and she made it and now she faces the consequences. She chose what consequences she would face and now feels she is above those also.

I say dishonorable discharge unless she gets out of her cry me a river frame of mind. We all face tough decisions and all face consequences for the decisions we make. It is very simple what has happened here. Horrible circumstance but I am not the father that left her alone with child.

Constipationist,

I have no doubt that the most important decision you have ever made in your entire, miserable life is "...what "B-Ball game should I watch today...?" You are the atypical "compassionate" Conservative.

Gem, actually, makes your arguments, Curvelight, very, very weak. No, you are not the exemplar of critical thinking skills. Gem has done a far better job of analysis than you.

Lol....wow. Okay. I'm sure your opinion has nothing to do with the coincidence Gem has the same conclusion as you and it's hella convenient the way you ignored the false information Gem presented as facts.

When you voluntarily sign your life away it becomes an obligation to you to make yourself available. The military offered her options to get care for her child while she fulfilled her duty, which is more than any job I have ever had until now would have done for me. She obviously felt her situation was above everyone else and scoffed at her duty. No matter what any articles say, she chose not to go. She had a tough decision to make and she made it and now she faces the consequences. She chose what consequences she would face and now feels she is above those also.

I say dishonorable discharge unless she gets out of her cry me a river frame of mind. We all face tough decisions and all face consequences for the decisions we make. It is very simple what has happened here. Horrible circumstance but I am not the father that left her alone with child.

By all means please link the options the military gave her for her child.

Lol....wow. Okay. I'm sure your opinion has nothing to do with the coincidence Gem has the same conclusion as you and it's hella convenient the way you ignored the false information Gem presented as facts.

Your appeal to authority (mine) gets you nothing.

If you had analyzed as well and as succinctly as Gem, then I would go with you.

Gem, by far, has the better of the critical thinking skills here.

Forum List

Back