US planning to attack terror networks in Benghazi?

President Obama's reputation concerning taking the fight to the terrorists is excellent. He has repeatedly demonstrated that killing Americans is a good way to have your life ended adruptly. He has also demonstrated caution in not moving before he has full information. Were I among the perpretators at Benghazi, I would have my will made out and signed.

One might also note that the Libyan people seem to be with us on this one, to the extent of driving the extremists out of that city.

Would have been nice had he bothered to protect those Americans that he was told were in danger. Instead we have 4 dead Americans that should never have died. The incompetence won't be hidden by a sudden pretense at toughness.

We ended up with 3000 dead Americans on 11Sept01 with far more warning. There are always radical groups in the MidEast planning some sort of mayhem. Most are nipped in the bud by the incompetance of the planners. Once in a while, they actually do something and launch a successful attack. Going into turtle stance on every warning, particualarly in nations that have been through a civil war recently and are still very unstable, simply is not an option.

Being an ambassador or advisor in these kinds of nations is a dangerous job, just as being in the US Military is a dangerous job.

This will be big enough to basically distract everyone from the bungling of the planned and known beforehand terror attacks that occurred on 9/11.

President Obama's reputation concerning taking the fight to the terrorists is excellent. He has repeatedly demonstrated that killing Americans is a good way to have your life ended adruptly. He has also demonstrated caution in not moving before he has full information. Were I among the perpretators at Benghazi, I would have my will made out and signed.

One might also note that the Libyan people seem to be with us on this one, to the extent of driving the extremists out of that city.

Would have been nice had he bothered to protect those Americans that he was told were in danger. Instead we have 4 dead Americans that should never have died. The incompetence won't be hidden by a sudden pretense at toughness.

We ended up with 3000 dead Americans on 11Sept01 with far more warning. There are always radical groups in the MidEast planning some sort of mayhem. Most are nipped in the bud by the incompetance of the planners. Once in a while, they actually do something and launch a successful attack. Going into turtle stance on every warning, particualarly in nations that have been through a civil war recently and are still very unstable, simply is not an option.

Being an ambassador or advisor in these kinds of nations is a dangerous job, just as being in the US Military is a dangerous job.

So I take it you are not aware of the failed attacks?

Wonder why that is.

This administration has been much more effective finding, attacking, breaking up and killing actual terrorists then the George W. Bush administration.

The problem is that isn't the beginning and end of it. Which most of you conservatives don't realize.

Conservatives feel that if they just slaughter human beings that don't agree with them..that will end the problem.

It generally doesn't.

This administration is throwing drones because they're terrified that they might actually catch someone and have to figure out what to do with them. Our soldiers are limited by self-defeating rules of engagement, yet our President kills without thought of collateral damage, so don't even jump up on your high horse talking about human slaughter until the Obama administration quits the random killing. You would think that it might occur to them that if they put some effort into catching some terrorists, they might get a little intel from them.
And at this point it would not be necessary to send drones into Libya had the Moron in chief paid attention to his job and made sure we had adequate security at a facility that had informed the administration that they were in danger. His love of celebrity takes precedence over his job.

No...planning an attack is a good thing.....but leaking out the plans to the media...THAT is a bad thing.

When the element of surprise is eliminated, an attack is going to not only be less effective....but more dangerous for the men and women assigned to the attack.

Um..yeah..sure..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKHsjRzUTLQ]Obama in 2008: 'We Will Kill Bin Laden, We Will Crush Al Qaeda' - YouTube[/ame]

yo...Sallow...a little lesson...

The Germans and the Japanese were well aware that our military was interested in beating them.

But if we were to tell them "something big is about to happen" right before D-Day.....the attack would not have been as successful.

LOL. The Germans knew that something big was about to happen. We had a whole 'Ptomkin Village' army telling them that. It was just positioned wrong, and they were completely sure we could not attack in the weather that week in June.

The Germans and the Japanese were well aware that our military was interested in beating them.

But if we were to tell them "something big is about to happen" right before D-Day.....the attack would not have been as successful.

LOL. The Germans knew that something big was about to happen. We had a whole 'Ptomkin Village' army telling them that. It was just positioned wrong, and they were completely sure we could not attack in the weather that week in June.

Sorry bro....you have no idea what you are talking about.

We had diversions and decoys well positioned......they had no idea it was coming.

Was the planned attack on 911/01 posted on facebook prior to flying planes into the WTC? No. Was the planned attack on 911/11 posted on facebook prior to murdering four Americans? Yes.

We know that obama's royal regime knew it was going to happen, when and where. Why did obama and the state department make sure that security was lacking? Why was Ambassador Stevens sent there?

This administration has been much more effective finding, attacking, breaking up and killing actual terrorists then the George W. Bush administration.

The problem is that isn't the beginning and end of it. Which most of you conservatives don't realize.

Conservatives feel that if they just slaughter human beings that don't agree with them..that will end the problem.

It generally doesn't.

It is quite obvious that you do not understand the conservative ideology.

That is fine...but what makes it pathetic is that you insist on criticizing something you dont understand.

I understand it fine.

None of you guys are even acknowleding Operation Ajax was a problem. And you guys are all over Obama for basically saying it was the wrong thing to do.

It's not just American Conservatives..it's all conservatism in general.

It's a self centered philosophy rooted in tradition, resistant to change and intolerant of ideas and people unlike itself.

I don't believe that every part of conservatism should be dismissed..some of it is beneficial. But in terms of guiding principles? It doesn't work.

We had diversions and decoys well positioned......they had no idea it was coming.

Yeah they did.

Plenty of Americans died on D-Day.

It generally doesn't.

That is fine...but what makes it pathetic is that you insist on criticizing something you dont understand.

I understand it fine.

None of you guys are even acknowleding Operation Ajax was a problem. And you guys are all over Obama for basically saying it was the wrong thing to do.

It's a self centered philosophy rooted in tradition, resistant to change and intolerant of ideas and people unlike itself.

I don't believe that every part of conservatism should be dismissed..some of it is beneficial. But in terms of guiding principles? It doesn't work.

lol...you just confirmed that all you know is the definition of conservtism. You do not understand the ideology of conservatism.

JUST an FYI......"intolerant of ideas and people unlike itself"....political rhetoric.

We are quite tolerant of others unlike us....and we tell thenm to do as they please....just dont force me to do it or pay for it.

No...planning an attack is a good thing.....but leaking out the plans to the media...THAT is a bad thing.

When the element of surprise is eliminated, an attack is going to not only be less effective....but more dangerous for the men and women assigned to the attack.

IF that were true, why are our drone strikes still so lethally effective? Due to technology, I do not believe the element of surprise can ever be lost again. The days of full frontal assaults in order to dislodge an enemy have been gone since the last days of WWI....

1) It is labelled as top secret
2) If such attacks are known, groups of the enemy will disperse....taking away the opportunity to get large numbers at any given time

To say "we want to get them" is one thing...and quite obious....

To say "we are planning" is saying to the enemy..."any day now"...

It's the same reason telling your enemy when you plan to remove all your troops from a country is a seriously bad idea.

They call it 'telegraphing'.

Just fucking do it. Don't advertise the fact ahead of time.

IF that were true, why are our drone strikes still so lethally effective? Due to technology, I do not believe the element of surprise can ever be lost again. The days of full frontal assaults in order to dislodge an enemy have been gone since the last days of WWI....

1) It is labelled as top secret
2) If such attacks are known, groups of the enemy will disperse....taking away the opportunity to get large numbers at any given time

To say "we want to get them" is one thing...and quite obious....

To say "we are planning" is saying to the enemy..."any day now"...

It's the same reason telling your enemy when you plan to remove all your troops from a country is a seriously bad idea.

They call it 'telegraphing'.

Just fucking do it. Don't advertise the fact ahead of time.

Hey now... gotta make sure the media has time to setup so we can have lots of great photo ops for Barry Kardashian and his posse.

If that's the case, can you tell us why it's not safe for the FBI to go investigate? Seems odd that we're told that we don't have people on the ground because it's too dangerous and yet we're also told that the terrorists were chased away by the locals? Like everything else out of this Whitehouse, words say one thing, circumstance seems to say another.

Um..yeah..sure..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKHsjRzUTLQ]Obama in 2008: 'We Will Kill Bin Laden, We Will Crush Al Qaeda' - YouTube[/ame]

Not a SINGLE Japanese fighter rose to engage the "Enola Gay" nor "Bockscar". Believe me, the Japanese were already defeated (militarily) by the time we attacked Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I believe your analogy is poor at best on this one, JH.

I understand it fine.

lol...you just confirmed that all you know is the definition of conservtism. You do not understand the ideology of conservatism.

JUST an FYI......"intolerant of ideas and people unlike itself"....political rhetoric.

We are quite tolerant of others unlike us....and we tell thenm to do as they please....just dont force me to do it or pay for it.

It's not me that doesn't understand..it's you.

They had no idea where. The diversion plan worked. they thought it woud be in Pas-de-Calais and Belgium. They also didn't think the weather would permit an invasion on D-Day.

Not a SINGLE Japanese fighter rose to engage the "Enola Gay" nor "Bockscar". Believe me, the Japanese were already defeated (militarily) by the time we attacked Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I believe your analogy is poor at best on this one, JH.

uh....

I mentioned the Japanese as I was responding to Sallow and his example of Bin Laden knowing we wanted to kill him...

But when I mentioned D-Day I was referring to Normandy.....France and the attack to defeat Hitler.

D-Day had nothing to do with the bombs in Japan.

Which, by the way, I comnpletely disagree with and embarrassed that we engaged in such slaughter of human lives. (referring to Hiroshima and Nagasaki)

They had no idea where. The diversion plan worked. they thought it woud be in Pas-de-Calais and Belgium. They also didn't think the weather would permit an invasion on D-Day.

yes.....we did not advertise that we were coming to where they hide out......as in "Libya"....

I understand it fine.

It's not me that doesn't understand..it's you.

ouch...heck of a comeback.

No Sallow.....I am a conservative...I understand what I feel.

I dont agree with abortion...I deem it as murder....but I do not get in your way when you want to abort....just dont ask me to pay for it.

It generally doesn't.

That doesn't explain Barack's "kill list", does it?.. whereby he sends drones after U.S. citizens and children as well as more mundane foreign terrorists, across sovereign borders, and without the approval of Congress.

Forum List

Back