US Navy SEALS Come Out Against Obama

"A group of former U.S. intelligence and Special Forces operatives is set to launch a media campaign, including TV ads, that scolds President Barack Obama for taking credit for the killing of Osama bin Laden and argues that high-level leaks are endangering American lives." - Reuters

Obama didnt arrive from the golf course until the mission started.

Great leadership, no wonder America's top fighting men rebuke him.
No honorable soldier would say anything against the President in public.

It doesn't surprise me that you support dishonorable soldiers....not that there were really any in this phony chain email.

Not a chain email.

A 20 + minute minute documentary by the SEALS / Spec Ops community.

Ya sure about that?

Actually he arrived in the situation room at 2pm, 30 minutes before the first wave of helicopters took off. Check Ravi's link, and stop drinking the kool aid.

The unamed sources in the link said he arrived around 2:00 and the helicopters left around 2:30.

Picking nits doesnt address the fact he was at the golf course immediately before and arrived about the time the mission started. He was in the sand bunker when he should have been in the command bunker.

Last edited:
No honorable soldier would say anything against the President in public.

It doesn't surprise me that you support dishonorable soldiers....not that there were really any in this phony chain email.

Not a chain email.

A 20 + minute minute documentary by the SEALS / Spec Ops community.

Ya sure about that?

The OPSEC group says it is not political and aims to save American lives. Its first public salvo is a 22-minute film that includes criticism of Obama and his administration. The film, to be released on Wednesday, was seen in advance by Reuters.

Actually he arrived in the situation room at 2pm, 30 minutes before the first wave of helicopters took off. Check Ravi's link, and stop drinking the kool aid.

The unamed sources in the link said he arrived around 2:00 and the helicopters left around 2:30.

Picking nits doesnt address the fact he was at the golf course immediately before and arrived about the time the mission started. He was in the sand bunker when he should have been in the command bunker.

Was Osama killed?

Was Osama killed?

I think so.

Was Osama killed?

I think so.

So the job got done. Why do you care what the President was doing before hand?

Was Osama killed?
Not the first-time.....(we still had a runner in the Oval Office).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtPBTybQ9k]The Hunt For Bin Laden - YouTube[/ame]​

Was Osama killed?

I think so.

Because he came out with the I did, my direction, me, my, I, mine when he was really at the golf course and it is coming out that he, at the direction of Valerie Jarrett, vacillated on the decision so much Panetta kept him in the dark until the final minutes. Seeing how he was at golf course minutes before one of boldest operations in military history...... it makes sense.

I think so.

Because he came out with the I did, my direction, me, my, I, mine when he was really at the golf course and it is coming out that he, at the direction of Valerie Jarrett, vacillated on the decision so much Panetta kept him in the dark until the final minutes. Seeing how he was at golf course minutes before one of boldest operations in military history...... it makes sense.

Show me a quote where he took all the credit or said he was the one who killed Osama.

"Mr. President, you did not kill Osama bin Laden, America did. The work that the American military has done killed Osama bin Laden. You did not. As a citizen, it is my civic duty to tell the president to stop leaking information to the enemy, it will get Americans killed." - Ben Smith, US Navy SEAL
Stand-down, Sonny.

Park your swift-boat somewhere-else.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmsIR9BxOwo]CIA Chief Panetta: Obama Made 'Gutsy' Decision on Bin Laden Raid - YouTube[/ame]​

White House Insider: Obama Hesitated – Panetta Issued Order to Kill Osama Bin Laden | Socyberty

Show me a quote where he took all the credit or said he was the one who killed Osama.
If you read my snopes link above, you will see that he did no such thing.

So basically, some phonys are releasing a film accusing Obama of treason.

That's pretty cool! I hope someone asks Mitten at the debate if he agrees that Obama is a traitor.

• I met repeatedly with my national security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we could located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside Pakistan.

• Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Pakistan.

• Tonight, I called President Zardari, and my team has also spoken with their Pakistani counterparts.

• Good evening. Tonight, I can report to the American people and to the world that the United States has conducted an operation that killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of al Qaeda, and a terrorist who’s responsible for the murder of thousands of innocent men, women and children.

• And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against al Qaeda.

• Then last August, after years of painstaking work by our intelligence community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It was far from certain. And it took many months to run this thread to ground.

• I met repeatedly with my national security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we could located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside Pakistan.

Last edited:
Gutsy call? « Hot Air

"The memo puts all control in the hands of Admiral McRaven – the “timing, operational decision making and control” are all up to McRaven. So the notion that Obama and his team were walking through every stage of the operation is incorrect. The hero here was McRaven, not Obama. And had the mission gone wrong, McRaven surely would have been thrown under the bus.
The memo is crystal clear on that point. It says that the decision has been made based solely on the “risk profile presented to the President.” If any other risks – no matter how minute – arose, they were “to be brought back to the President for his consideration.” This is ludicrous. It is wiggle room. It was Obama’s way of carving out space for himself in case the mission went bad. If it did, he’d say that there were additional risks of which he hadn’t been informed; he’d been kept in the dark by his military leaders.
Finally, the memo is unclear on just what the mission is. Was it to capture Bin Laden or to kill him? The White House itself was unable to decide what the mission was in the hours after the Bin Laden kill, and actually switched its language. The memo shows why: McRaven was instructed to “get” Bin Laden, whatever that meant.
President Obama made the right call to give the green light to the mission. But he did it in a way that he could shift the blame if things went wrong. Typical Obama. And typical of him to claim full credit for it, when he didn’t do anything but give a vague nod, while putting his top military officials at risk of taking the hit in case of a bad turn."

"Mr. President, you did not kill Osama bin Laden, America did. The work that the American military has done killed Osama bin Laden. You did not. As a citizen, it is my civic duty to tell the president to stop leaking information to the enemy, it will get Americans killed." - Ben Smith, US Navy SEAL

Special ops group attacks Obama over bin Laden bragging, leaks - Yahoo! News

so i guess bush shouldn't have said he was responsible for bringing down saddam hussein?

mission-accomplished.jpg

how cute you're trying to swiftboat the president. :cuckoo:

you want them to talk facts? lol

Gutsy call? « Hot Air

"The memo puts all control in the hands of Admiral McRaven – the “timing, operational decision making and control” are all up to McRaven. So the notion that Obama and his team were walking through every stage of the operation is incorrect. The hero here was McRaven, not Obama. And had the mission gone wrong, McRaven surely would have been thrown under the bus.
The memo is crystal clear on that point. It says that the decision has been made based solely on the “risk profile presented to the President.” If any other risks – no matter how minute – arose, they were “to be brought back to the President for his consideration.” This is ludicrous. It is wiggle room. It was Obama’s way of carving out space for himself in case the mission went bad. If it did, he’d say that there were additional risks of which he hadn’t been informed; he’d been kept in the dark by his military leaders.
Finally, the memo is unclear on just what the mission is. Was it to capture Bin Laden or to kill him? The White House itself was unable to decide what the mission was in the hours after the Bin Laden kill, and actually switched its language. The memo shows why: McRaven was instructed to “get” Bin Laden, whatever that meant.
President Obama made the right call to give the green light to the mission. But he did it in a way that he could shift the blame if things went wrong. Typical Obama. And typical of him to claim full credit for it, when he didn’t do anything but give a vague nod, while putting his top military officials at risk of taking the hit in case of a bad turn."

Once again, show me a quote where Obama took full credit.

Forum List

Back