Us Military Personnel In Europe To Be Warned Not To Wear Uniforms Off-base

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Kinda sad isn't it? We supposedly have one of the most powerful armed forces in the world and we're gonna tell out troops to remove their uniforms if they plan on leaving their installations.

However, the Army garrison at Baumholder, part of the larger U.S. Army Garrison Rheinland-Pfalz, posted new rules on its Facebook page Thursday telling soldiers not to wear uniforms in “off-post commercial areas such as shopping malls, theaters and other high population venues," such as festivals or pedestrian zones.

I'm sorry but I just find this too disgusting for words.

Read more @ US military in Europe eyes changing uniform rules off base - Europe - Stripes

Why put personnel at risk? Use camoflague in batle to conceal and hide your assets and personnel, why not follow the same logic off-duty?

Why put personnel at risk? Use camoflague in batle to conceal and hide your assets and personnel, why not follow the same logic off-duty?

Having spent 12 years stationed in Europe I can say, with certainty, that any American GI off base in or out of uniform stands out as who he or she is!

First thing is to look at the haircut. Then the shoes.

Having spent 12 years stationed in Europe I can say, with certainty, that any American GI off base in or out of uniform stands out as who he or she is!

Shoes? What are you a woman? No guy looks at another guy's shoes. :)

Germans tend to be quite good at seeing anyone who is not German! So it's women who spot them - and tell their husbands or male companions.

Germans tend to be quite good at seeing anyone who is not German! So it's women who spot them - and tell their husbands or male companions.

Est tut meir leid, aber mein Deutsch ist sehr schlect. :)

Kinda sad isn't it? We supposedly have one of the most powerful armed forces in the world and we're gonna tell out troops to remove their uniforms if they plan on leaving their installations.

However, the Army garrison at Baumholder, part of the larger U.S. Army Garrison Rheinland-Pfalz, posted new rules on its Facebook page Thursday telling soldiers not to wear uniforms in “off-post commercial areas such as shopping malls, theaters and other high population venues," such as festivals or pedestrian zones.

I'm sorry but I just find this too disgusting for words.

Read more @ US military in Europe eyes changing uniform rules off base - Europe - Stripes
Really, you find it disgusting? Why? You don't want the military men and women overseas to be safe from attack? What a dufus you are.

Est tut meir leid, aber mein Deutsch ist sehr schlect. :)

Nicht scheislig!

In the late 70's to the mid 80's we were not allowed to go ashore in our Cracker Jack uniforms or any uniforms in Europe and in the Middle east due to groups like the red brigade in Italy and Germany and Muslim extremists in the ME.

Seems what the article's about is that ordinarily you're not allowed to dress in civilian attire. Presumedly then, some personnel would like to 'dress down' off-base and unarmed but aren't allowed to.

Forum List

Back