US Marine veteran jailed in Mexico to be released

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
US Marine veteran jailed in Mexico to be released​

By: Caroline May
12/21/2012

The Marine held in Mexico on a questionable gun charge will be released from prison in Mexico, reports confirmed Friday.

Jon Hammar, who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, has been in held in a Mexican prison, after he was arrested in August and charged with a federal weapon felony — facing up to 15 years in prison, for carrying an antique gun into Mexico on his way to Costa Rica for a hunting and surfing trip — despite having a required permit and attempting to declare the gun.

“The court ruled on the motion that excluded the evidence on the charge because of a violation of his constitutional rights under Mexican law which resulted in the charge being dropped,” Hammar’s father, Jon Hammar Sr. told Fox News during a layover in Houston on his way to pick up his son.

Read more:
US Marine veteran jailed in Mexico to be released | The Daily Caller

I'll bet he never tries to take an illegal weapon into Mexico again.

Do you wonder why the Mexican gov. Ruled that he broke no laws and that his constitutional rights had been stomped on or are you a natural ass kisser of the cartels?

Do you wonder why the Mexican gov. Ruled that he broke no laws and that his constitutional rights had been stomped on or are you a natural ass kisser of the cartels?

You don't understand how the real world works. I understand.:lol:

Sure I do asshole 12 million Mexicans broke our laws and we don't chain them to the bed and starve them.

Why are you such a liar? A Mexican Superior Court decided that evidence should be excluded.

He did break Mexican law, and his excuse was he got a Mexican legal opinion by some US Custom's officials. How fucking stupid is that?

US Marine veteran jailed in Mexico to be released​

By: Caroline May
12/21/2012

The Marine held in Mexico on a questionable gun charge will be released from prison in Mexico, reports confirmed Friday.

Jon Hammar, who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, has been in held in a Mexican prison, after he was arrested in August and charged with a federal weapon felony — facing up to 15 years in prison, for carrying an antique gun into Mexico on his way to Costa Rica for a hunting and surfing trip — despite having a required permit and attempting to declare the gun.

“The court ruled on the motion that excluded the evidence on the charge because of a violation of his constitutional rights under Mexican law which resulted in the charge being dropped,” Hammar’s father, Jon Hammar Sr. told Fox News during a layover in Houston on his way to pick up his son.

Read more:
US Marine veteran jailed in Mexico to be released | The Daily Caller

I understand that although other cable and news agencies reported slightly Fox News pressed both the Mexican and American authorities to get Jon released. I do know they reported heavily on this while the other news and TV stations like CNN, MSNBC, and others hardly did the same.

Forum List

Back