US Invasions Made Iran Stronger

this is hardly news. Of course the policies of BushCo. and their supporters made Iran stronger.

Talking out your as, as usual. Post WWII US policy toward Iran in general and support for the Shah made the current government in Iran hostile toward the US. I believe if you check your 3rd grade history book, you'll see those were Roosevelt/Truman policies.

Need we comment on WHO was President when Iran displayed its open hostility toward the US?

If anyone's made Iran stronger, it's do nothing ostriches like you who refuse to admit Iran is enriching uranium. But you'll damned sure be the first to claim it happened on Bush's watch when Iran parades ICBMs down "Mainstreet" in Tehran.

if i where Iran i would feel it was imperative to the future security of my nation to enrich uranium.. because if i didn't i would suffer the same fate as Iraq.. but if i did i would be treated more like pakistan or Israel or Korea
hey remember Korea anyone..seems there's some humans rights violations..wmbs brutal dictator stuff going on over there..maybe a little shock and awe and occupation to drive out all the terrorist in Korea would be a more noble endeavour

if i where Iran i would feel it was imperative to the future security of my nation to enrich uranium.. because if i didn't i would suffer the same fate as Iraq.. but if i did i would be treated more like pakistan or Israel or Korea
hey remember Korea anyone..seems there's some humans rights violations..wmbs brutal dictator stuff going on over there..maybe a little shock and awe and occupation to drive out all the terrorist in Korea would be a more noble endeavour

I'm sure you WOULD feel that way since you are one of the ones around here incapable of identifying who the bad guys are.

Talking out your as, as usual. Post WWII US policy toward Iran in general and support for the Shah made the current government in Iran hostile toward the US. I believe if you check your 3rd grade history book, you'll see those were Roosevelt/Truman policies.

Need we comment on WHO was President when Iran displayed its open hostility toward the US?

If anyone's made Iran stronger, it's do nothing ostriches like you who refuse to admit Iran is enriching uranium. But you'll damned sure be the first to claim it happened on Bush's watch when Iran parades ICBMs down "Mainstreet" in Tehran.

Well, if we're gonna be partisan about this, why don't you remind us who ordered the coup in the 50s?

Wow. You're third grade history class had a lesson on the 1953 Iranian coup? Astonishing. We didn't even cover any iranian history in my high school classes. So, either you went to an elementary school for gifted, genius children, or your lying and pulling shit out of your ass.

It was the british who wanted to overthrow the democratically elected government of Iran. Eishenhower helped them, in 1953. Your love of any and all things republican is showing...in keeping with your tradition of loving your party, more than your country.

Iranian hate for the US goes back to the 1950s. Carter totally bungled it. But pinning it on carter, agains shows your partisan love for everything GOP.

And stop wetting your diapers about iranian ICBMS. There's no evidence of an active nucelar program, inspectors are on the ground, and There's no reason to go to war with them at this point, we should use diplomacy and pressure.

Iranian hate for the US goes back to the 1950s. Carter totally bungled it. But pinning it on carter, agains shows your partisan love for everything GOP.

Actually, the majority of Iranians are under the age of 30. They have little, if any recollection of the Shah, let alone the British and US backed coup of 1953. Much of the Iranian population is surprisingly pro-American. Or, at least they were before the invasion of Iraq. These are people who have lived their entire adult lives under the thumbs of the repressive theocratic government. Iran is an educated country, and historically has been fairly open as a cross-route for centuries of trade.

There was a demonstration in Iran after an Ireland-Iran World Cup qualifying match where thousands of people took to the streets in a pro-American demonstration.

Actually, the majority of Iranians are under the age of 30. They have little, if any recollection of the Shah, let alone the British and US backed coup of 1953. Much of the Iranian population is surprisingly pro-American. Or, at least they were before the invasion of Iraq. These are people who have lived their entire adult lives under the thumbs of the repressive theocratic government. Iran is an educated country, and historically has been fairly open as a cross-route for centuries of trade.

So, what's the justification for invading it again?

There was a demonstration in Iran after an Ireland-Iran World Cup qualifying match where thousands of people took to the streets in a pro-American demonstration.

Yeah, there's stupid people EVERYWHERE on Earth Toro, not just here.

It will never get to that point. The Israelis will take it out like they in 1981 in Iraq and just last year in Syria.

We'll leave N Korea to the Chinese and Japanese. They are more than capable of being our proxies there.

Sad but true. Reasons:

(1) It removed the only real polarizing power in the region to Iran - Sadam.
(2) It gave Iran a power Shiite allie in Iraq.
(3) It gave Iran the confidence of knowing America can't and won't stomach another war at this time or in the near future.
(4) It allowed Iran to reach out to Iraq and they did.
(5) It allowed Iran not to worry about any of its neighbors.

Yeah, but what economic benefit would it serve the US to invade, change regimes, and occupy N Korea?

It was the british who wanted to overthrow the democratically elected government of Iran. Eishenhower helped them, in 1953. Your love of any and all things republican is showing...in keeping with your tradition of loving your party, more than your country.

In Gunny's defense, the way he's been withholding his support for McCain has been commendable. I imagine that has to do with country over party.

I don't agree with him on foreign policy, but at least he doesn't have blinders on when it comes to this election, and what the GOP is offering.

Forum List

Back