US destroyer collides with merchant ship near Singapore

Should have checked Mattis not Mathis
DOD Mathis is ordering Adm Richardson to investigate broadly the 7th Fleet and for a temporary pause of all fleets. They are ordered to assess the training of all officers within that investigation.

Divers are to search the flooded compartments at day light in Singapore for the missing.

Did you see the date? Under the prior admin.
Obama's Military Coup Purges 197 Officers In Five Years

TRUMP has only been President for about 7 months and he needs to rebuild the USA Military [as he is doing] after mrobama had 8 years to dismantle the USA Military Gentlemen .
What did Obama do to dismantle it?

Show me specifics.
Looks like congress was already considering reducing the number of flag officers anyway.
Does The US Military Have Too Many Generals?

kwde7afcmgje8czwhpks.jpg

not the Navy I served in

TRUMP has only been President for about 7 months and he needs to rebuild the USA Military [as he is doing] after mrobama had 8 years to dismantle the USA Military Gentlemen .

Show me specifics.
----------------------------------------------------- i can't give you specifics except to say that i blame mrobama . Its really just interesting to me . I probably won't suffer the consequences of mrobamas and his fecking around RWimger .

besides that last post , i showed partial info on mrpbama purging good capable men and General but there is lots more info on mrobamas purging capable and good people from USA Military RWinger .

Show me specifics.
He didn't do shit to dismantle it. Repugs controlled spending for the majority of his terms in office.
They complained when he escalated Afghanistan and killed terrorists with drones

Then they called him weak

Last edited:
its like some of you people can't put 2 and 2 together , course i think that you people are blind because you worship mrobama RWinger .

Initial reports indicate #USSJohnSMcCain damaged to port side aft. Extent of damage and injuries being determined.

USS John S. McCain collides with merchant ship near Strait of Malacca
c7f.navy.mil
The report is "the McCain collided with a merchant ship." But the damage shown is a big hole in the center of one side of the McCain, which means the merchant collided with the McCain -- not the other way around. And the damage is almost identical to the damage done to the Fitzgerald, which also was obviously rammed.

What the hell is going on here?

I'm pulling an Obama here as I don't know the details but is it assumed the merchant ship innocently wandered into the path of the Destroyer? Or did the Destroyer act stupidly?
Regardless of any such wandering, those exotic billion-dollar destroyers are equipped with the most sophisticated radar systems available. These collisions should not be happening. For Christsake we have ordinary automobiles on the road today which are capable of detecting objects-in-path and braking. But we have a navy which is sailing around bashing into or being bashed into by ordinary merchant vessels.

Either we are funding a largely incompetent navy, which could lead to it being totally wiped out, or some sort of sabotage is being implemented. Whichever, we need to find out what it is and eliminate it before it gets us eliminated.

I just heard on Fox that remains have been found in the compartment as well as at sea.
May they Rest In Peace.

I also heard the officials are not ruling out a possible cyber hack.

Figures it was named McCain. Jinxed
Ha Ha....let's make fun of Navy ships in collisions.
--------------------------------------- Ha Ha , no , lets just make fun of the Navy and USA Military that mrobama saddled the USA with . And then , after making fun or recognizing what mrobama has done , lets fix the Navy and Military Bodecea .
Not paying attention doesn't come from an ex president...or a current one..

From what I am reading, if it was in the straits traffic there is super crowded.

the Titanic I can understand.....

but two ships ???? having an accident ????? in the big Ocean????

what sort of idiots are the drivers?

I'm thinking someone stayed the course on purpose.

from Townhall

A fleetwide review of seamanship and training was ordered by the chief of naval operations, Navy Adm. John Richardson.

“This will include, but not be limited to, looking at operational tempo, trends in personnel, materiel, maintenance and equipment,” Richardson said. “It also will include a review of how we train and certify our surface warfare community, including tactical and navigational proficiency.” I would like to know what kind of underway training they have now.

during the Nam war we thru a program called ORI. Overseas Readiness Inspection. and it was a bitch. every ship was required to pass it before going overseas.
it was designed to put us under pressure and see how we reacted to emergencies of all kinds including wartime. the ship is sinking. do something !! you got another ship on course to hit you. do something. they watched and graded. it was this side of hell and lasted about a month.. I went thru my search engine and cannot find if the Navy still use's ORI. which probably explains all these collisions. I have no idea what we use for underway training today but ORI insured this crap did not happen to us.

Forum List

Back