US destroyer collides with merchant ship near Singapore

its just so obvious . mrobama purged 197 accomplished and experienced Military leaders so why not purge the Navy and AirForce . --- Obama's Military Coup Purges 197 Officers In Five Years | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD --- and due to mrobama policies he has allowed military ranks to be open to societies misfits . As i said , its just so obvious what mrobama has done to USA Military his entire 8 years in 'prezidential' office .
The Obama and gang policies may have a lot to do with current issues but why did the controls of the destroyer all the sudden take a poo? We already knew that jets could be remotely controlled, what about ships?

might be Rod , i don't know . I think you are talking about Hacking , if so , even that is Navy , Military , Governments fault that they allow an enemy to be able to take control of a USA Naval vessel that carries nukes [think it carries nukes] . Could the nuke launch systems be hacked so that the 'mccain' or similar vessel nukes New York city because the system is hacked Rod ??

I don't know pismoe but I think/hope we have our intelligence agencies looking in on it. I think there is a lot of cleaning up that needs to be done as quickly as possible throughout. Common sense thinking hasn't been a strong point for some time now in a lot of areas.

thanks , i pretty much agree with all said in that video , thanks for posting it Miketx !!

and , i've often heard through my 68 years that one of the protections that Americans have is that the USA military is made up of sons and daughters of Americans that would never wipe out or fire upon their civilian parents , brothers and sisters . Well that calculation changes when the military is infiltrated by foreigners that are simply working for American citizenship , healthcare , money , free tuition and other rewards . To me those people that work for those favors that i mention MAY be the same as mercenaries or 'kings' men who will do as the rogue 'king' or 'cic' or Government orders them to do simply for the rewards Miketx .

and , i've often heard through my 68 years that one of the protections that Americans have is that the USA military is made up of sons and daughters of Americans that would never wipe out or fire upon their civilian parents , brothers and sisters . Well that calculation changes when the military is infiltrated by foreigners that are simply working for American citizenship , healthcare , money , free tuition and other rewards . To me those people that work for those favors that i mention MAY be the same as mercenaries or 'kings' men who will do as the rogue 'king' or 'cic' or Government orders them to do simply for the rewards Miketx .
You are 100 percent correct! We live in frightening times!

well , it is the USA Navy that mrobama built over a period of 8 years Miketx.
Yeah, I'm sure Obama was up on the bridge passing around spliffs of Jamaica bud to the bridge crew. He also personally built each ship, made sure the entire Navy was incompetent, and unplugged the radar so he could plug in his boom box. Then he blindfolded the lookouts, dropped some downers in the coffee and sped off on his jet-ski before he could be detected. Yeah, that's the ticket.

well , it is the USA Navy that mrobama built over a period of 8 years Miketx.
Yeah, I'm sure Obama was up on the bridge passing around spliffs of Jamaica bud to the bridge crew. He also personally built each ship, made sure the entire Navy was incompetent, and unplugged the radar so he could plug in his boom box. Then he blindfolded the lookouts, dropped some downers in the coffee and sped off on his jet-ski before he could be detected. Yeah, that's the ticket.
LIke most liberals, when want to you can't see past your hatred of America.

Do not aggravate me folks------maritime accidents are not at all rare------and we lose boys regularly.
Kids drive ships like they drive cars. They are kids

Kids? I had a kid of my own by the time they let me drive my guided missile cruiser, and I was damned good at it!

My CO was in his late 40s and we did nothing, and I mean nothing, without his permission.

Kids in the navy still make lots of mistakes------please do not aggravate me------I was THEIR ADVOCATE.
In fact,, the "old" captains, also make mistakes-----some of them make such serious mistakes that they
end up in LEAVENWORTH. I am sorry for the captain of the Singapore ship------his ass is in a sling

Aggravate you? Who died and made you God?

It was a stupid, baseless statement. How many years did you stand watch on the bridge of a Navy warship?

none------I never served on a ship------I handled the casualties, to wit, the victims of the MANY mishaps

So, in other word you don't have a clue. Thanks for admitting that much.

Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, everything after that is a pattern. I'm no conspiracy nut but something is going on.
I agree. These guided missile destroyers have the most advanced radar systems on earth. They should be aware of everything in the air and water a long ways out. I'd bet someone is fucking with us with electronic warfare, and we'd better figure out what is happening, who is doing it, and come up with effective countermeasures before the shit hits the fan.

How does electronic warfare prevent the Officer-of-the-Deck from seeing a ship bearing down on him and avoid colliding with it?
That question bothers me too. How could watchstanders and lookouts possibly miss this? The only answer I can think of is that they relied too heavily on technology which somehow failed.

"Constant bearing, decreasing range", or "CDBR" is the indication of a collision, whether you are using technology or not.
So the radar operators, quartermaster, OOD, JOOD, helmsman, lookout, low visibility detail, boatswain's mate of the watch, anyone else on duty, everyone was derelict or asleep at the wheel? Doesn't seem likely, does it?

There is only one person at fault if he was given the proper reports and that is the OOD. From what some people tell me, most of the bridge watch standers from my day, like you mentioned, are now gone, as in eliminated from the watch entirely.

Do not aggravate me folks------maritime accidents are not at all rare------and we lose boys regularly.
Kids drive ships like they drive cars. They are kids

Kids? I had a kid of my own by the time they let me drive my guided missile cruiser, and I was damned good at it!

My CO was in his late 40s and we did nothing, and I mean nothing, without his permission.

Kids in the navy still make lots of mistakes------please do not aggravate me------I was THEIR ADVOCATE.
In fact,, the "old" captains, also make mistakes-----some of them make such serious mistakes that they
end up in LEAVENWORTH. I am sorry for the captain of the Singapore ship------his ass is in a sling

It was a stupid, baseless statement. How many years did you stand watch on the bridge of a Navy warship?

none------I never served on a ship------I handled the casualties, to wit, the victims of the MANY mishaps

\

I have lots of clues------in my capacity I got to know ALL THE DETAILS-----stuff to which
you were never privy

\

I have lots of clues------in my capacity I got to know ALL THE DETAILS-----stuff to which
you were never privy

Uh, I was there, so you don't have any idea how things work! You weren't! I can read details too.

I agree. These guided missile destroyers have the most advanced radar systems on earth. They should be aware of everything in the air and water a long ways out. I'd bet someone is fucking with us with electronic warfare, and we'd better figure out what is happening, who is doing it, and come up with effective countermeasures before the shit hits the fan.

How does electronic warfare prevent the Officer-of-the-Deck from seeing a ship bearing down on him and avoid colliding with it?
That question bothers me too. How could watchstanders and lookouts possibly miss this? The only answer I can think of is that they relied too heavily on technology which somehow failed.

"Constant bearing, decreasing range", or "CDBR" is the indication of a collision, whether you are using technology or not.
So the radar operators, quartermaster, OOD, JOOD, helmsman, lookout, low visibility detail, boatswain's mate of the watch, anyone else on duty, everyone was derelict or asleep at the wheel? Doesn't seem likely, does it?

There is only one person at fault if he was given the proper reports and that is the OOD. From what some people tell me, most of the bridge watch standers from my day, like you mentioned, are now gone, as in eliminated from the watch entirely.
Well, I served 40 years ago, and most of my shipboard watches were just fire watches. Sounds like maybe they should bring back some of the old ways of doing things.

Well, I served 40 years ago, and most of my shipboard watches were just fire watches. Sounds like maybe they should bring back some of the old ways of doing things.

I started out as a radar operator when I was a 3rd class. Was a helmsman/planesman on a submarine, JOOW on a carrier, CICWO, JOOD, and then OOD on a guided missile cruiser, and then EOOW on another cruiser and then an LHA. While on watch in combat, my CO would let the Chief Engineer run drills and leave me as TAO/CICWO when I was a senior LTJG.

I did it all, and got the t-shirts to prove it.

Out of all of those watch stations, the toughest and most important was EOOW. As long as the OOD didn't run into anything, the EOOW could kill people by screwing up very easily.

\

you were never privy

Uh, I was there, so you don't have any idea how things work! You weren't! I can read details too.

the details I get----are legally privileged. If a person like you-----admits to being "drunk" at the time---
I can legally keep that information off the record-- Sometimes I am obligated to do so

\

you were never privy

the details I get----are legally privileged. If a person like you-----admits to being "drunk" at the time---
I can legally keep that information off the record-- Sometimes I am obligated to do so

I am not buying your bullshit! Try selling that to someone else.

Forum List

Back