US and Cuba to reopen embassies

Any day now...he will open an Embassy in his beloved Iran!:mad-61:

After more than 50 years......we are finally recognizing Cuba

U.S. and Cuba to announce embassy openings - CNNPolitics.com

We will formally announce tomorrow that the United States and Cuba have reached an agreement to re-establish formal diplomatic relations and open embassies in each other's capitals," one senior U.S. administration official said. "We expect President Obama and Secretary Kerry to address this publicly tomorrow morning."

The re-establishing of embassies is a final step in the full diplomatic thaw President Barack Obama initiated in December. Since then, the United States has loosened some travel restrictions to Cuba and allowed for some new economic ties.

The current crop of Democrats dishonors everything JFK worked so hard for. If he were alive today, he would no doubt distance himself from them. :nono:

No, JFK just might be a bit more progressive thinking than you want to understand.
The past is that , the past.Move on.
It's quite evident how the republicans think, wanting to hold on to a flag of treason too.

After more than 50 years......we are finally recognizing Cuba

U.S. and Cuba to announce embassy openings - CNNPolitics.com

We will formally announce tomorrow that the United States and Cuba have reached an agreement to re-establish formal diplomatic relations and open embassies in each other's capitals," one senior U.S. administration official said. "We expect President Obama and Secretary Kerry to address this publicly tomorrow morning."

The re-establishing of embassies is a final step in the full diplomatic thaw President Barack Obama initiated in December. Since then, the United States has loosened some travel restrictions to Cuba and allowed for some new economic ties.

The current crop of Democrats dishonors everything JFK worked so hard for. If he were alive today, he would no doubt distance himself from them. :nono:

The current crop of Democrats dishonors everything JFK worked so hard for. If he were alive today, he would no doubt distance himself from them

Still fighting the cold war, I see.....Boy these regressive conservatives LOVE to hold on to the past.

No, JFK just might be a bit more progressive thinking than you want to understand.
It's quite evident how the republicans think, wanting to hold on to a flag of treason too.

/QUOTE]

You probably weren't even born when Kennedy was president.
:laugh:

Any day now...he will open an Embassy in his beloved Iran

Now THAT might win him a 3rd Nobel Peace Prize.....

I'm still trying to figure out why he got the first one, seeing as how Obama's drone strikes have murdered quite a few innocent women and children.

Presidents-Pakistan.jpg

The fact is the Cold War has been over and Cuba never changed during that time, so why keep failed policies in place?

It open the door to tourism, and bringing money into the Cuban economy which in return will one day bring change to the Island after the Castro regime is gone.
That of course is wrong. The money coming in will flow to communist apparatchiks and strengthen them for when the Castros are gone. We are propping up the most oppressive regime in the Western hemisphere with no gain for us.
Yea...they will use our own money against U.S. and build up their military for the day they come streaming across our beaches
You have nothing. You're dismissed.

/QUOTE]

Well, I was in junior high...and I remember very. very well the Bay of Pigs, the missile crisis and the dismantling of our bases in Turkey......I'm an OLD liberal fart, my young friend.

Your predictions will undoubtedly come true. But it won't benefit anyone under the thumb of the totalitarian government you support. Of course it's communism and you think that somehow equals fair when in reality it means Castro lives like a king and his royal slaves get to live the communist dream of slavery.

Many will sulk at the poverty of the Cubans. And many of you will slip into your cheerleader dress and wave your poms. Cheering for the best dressed dictator anyone has ever seen.

The MAIN reason why Cuba became communist and embraced a dictator, was our own attempted invasion that drove the country into the Soviets' open arms.
Conversely, the very best way to defeat communism is exposure to capitalistic concepts......The Castros are not stupid, they have seen the writing on the wall that their domination has reached its end.
You havent been exposed to capitalistic concepts. That would explain many of your posts.

/QUOTE]

Well, I was in junior high...and I remember very. very well the Bay of Pigs, the missile crisis and the dismantling of our bases in Turkey......I'm an OLD liberal fart, my young friend.

Obviously not old enough to have outgrown your liberalism. Hang in there, I was once like you.

So what did the US get in exchange for this concession? Nothing. It is Obama's magical negotiating strategy once again: give them everything they want and hope no one notices.

What exactly is it we need to get?
Usually when you negotiate you hope to get something in return. What could we get? How about the return of spies wanted by the US, escaped prisoners from the US, a release of dissidents from Cuban jails, a guarantee of a free press, a free internet, and maybe a few other things.
Obama had the leverage but refused to use it, wanting to insure a legacy of opening relations with Cuba. This is exactly consistent with his approach to Iran, or the reset with Russia.
Obama is a patsy.

And all those vintage cars! If I were a dealer in vintage cars I would be the first one on a flight there to line up buying those well preserved beauties by the boat load. The people that own them in Cuba are going to make a lot of money, and the people that sell them in the states are going to make a lot of money.

And yes, the great Havana music. The flood of cultural exchange about to take place is going to be epic.

Ah, capitalism.
But think about how much it will piss off Republicans still fighting the Cold War

And all those vintage cars! If I were a dealer in vintage cars I would be the first one on a flight there to line up buying those well preserved beauties by the boat load. The people that own them in Cuba are going to make a lot of money, and the people that sell them in the states are going to make a lot of money.

And yes, the great Havana music. The flood of cultural exchange about to take place is going to be epic.

Ah, capitalism.
But think about how much it will piss off Republicans still fighting the Cold War
Yes, Democrats' policies are designed to piss off people, not help anyone.
QED.
Best post from Nutwinger all week.

The fact is the Cold War has been over and Cuba never changed during that time, so why keep failed policies in place?

It open the door to tourism, and bringing money into the Cuban economy which in return will one day bring change to the Island after the Castro regime is gone.
That of course is wrong. The money coming in will flow to communist apparatchiks and strengthen them for when the Castros are gone. We are propping up the most oppressive regime in the Western hemisphere with no gain for us.
Yea...they will use our own money against U.S. and build up their military for the day they come streaming across our beaches

Your avatar represents a failed regime and a flag most want disposed of and you are telling someone else they are dismissed? Irony...look it up.

Your avatar represents a failed regime and a flag most want disposed of and you are telling someone else they are dismissed? Irony...look it up.
Your post is a masterpiece of failure. Keep it up.

What did I get wrong?

What did I get wrong?
Run along, Fail-boy.

Forum List

Back