Urging Us Along The Wrong Road

Yes, we see the inclusive nature of the Republican Party from their interns through their members of Congress. You're too far behind to fight this battle.
democrats champion diversity of skin color, not thought. That is why they demonize minorities who dare to speak for themselves and not toe the plantation line.

Whereas Repubs just demonize everyone without thought.
It's huuuuge!
It'll be great!
I will be the best!
I'm really, really rich and smart, believe me.

"Whereas Repubs just demonize everyone without thought.'

The concept of irony has spent the entirety of its existence waiting for you to come along and give it meaning.

Bizarre that you wouldn't notice that the essence of this thread is a significant thought.

You must be among the dumbest of posters.
Sadly, you won't be lonely.

The "essence " of this thread is that of an outhouse. But then again, conservatives love their bathrooms.

Brilliant.....

.....for a third grader.

Wow, that's all you could muster in defense of your thread on "significant thought"? :laugh:

The point is illustrated by a close examination of the expression, "Social Justice."

Social Justice is a mantra of the Left and is elevated above almost every other Good.

But it is the opposite of "good."

Justice is the bestowing of rewards and punishments according to individual merit. The felon is punished according to the severity of his crime; the prize is awarded to the person who got the best results.

But under "Social Justice," rewards and punishments are allocated ACCORDING TO THE GROUP TO WHICH YOU BELONG. So if you are the daughter of Barry and Michele Obama, you get special consideration when applying to Harvard, because you are a member of a traditionally-disadvantaged minority, while the son of a poor White farmer from Indiana gets bupkis.

Evil. Not good.

Your spin won't turn. Let's look at rock cocaine vis a vis its powdered form and comport what you read in the link below with the Law and Order promise of Trump.

FAMM - » Crack Cocaine Mandatory Minimum Sentences

Just one example of many that still exist in State Penal Codes, alone with 3 strikes laws which put allow prosecutors to seek 25 to life for a minor crime, when the felony's alleged in the information were decades in the defendants past.

Is it fiscally responsible to put a person in prison for 25 years to life for stealing a candy bar?

So we agree to stipulate that you attempted to silence me by tossing the "racist" slur....

....and we further agree that you both could not define same, and were shaking in your pajamas to battle me on same?

Excellent.

You've served your purpose.

We'll meet again on this field of battle: be sure you have your medical insurance paid up.

NEVER do I hope to censor you! Your intolerance for liberal and progressive ideals is the best argument for them.

1. "NEVER do I hope to censor you!"

Sooo.....why did you attempt the 'racist' gambit.

Let's add "liar" to your "Moron Resume."

2. "Your intolerance for liberal and progressive ideals.

As proven in this thread, said 'ideal' is to judge others by the color of their skin.

3. Point of fact: there are no "liberal and progressive ideals"
"Principle is nothing to liberals. Winning is everything."
Coulter

4. A query.....why, if the Democrats are running an individual to be President of the United States.....

....why is it their convention had no American flag flying?

Why?

Here's the prob for Liberals....when you're a part of the 'masses'.....sometimes the 'm' is silent.

It remains the focus of the Democrat Party to step up the genocide of the Black race. Hillary, in order to appease Planned Parenthood and maintain their support has sworn to repeal the Hyde Act. The Hyde Act forbids the use of taxpayer funds to pay for abortions. 62% of Americans are opposed to using taxpayer funds to pay for abortions but the Democrat Party has adopted such a measure in their 2016 Party Platform. Unfettered abortion will be allowed with abortions permitted at anytime during the pregnancy. Most Americans, 78% of them, are against late term abortions. No matter, the Democrat Party has agreed to support such murders.

The Hyde Act is regressive, it impacts the poor alone.

Why are so many conservatives opposed to age appropriate sex education as part of a comprehensive health care curriculum in the public schools?

Why are some religious leaders opposed to methods of birth control being part of such a curriculum for those students who have reached reproductive development?

Why are so many Americans and businesses opposed to birth control methods being part of health insurance?

Why was the Republican Party opposed to the Children's Health Care System?

What has any of that to do with using taxpayer money to fund abortions? We can't afford all this "free" crap. Add the burden to paying for "free" college now to taxpayers having to subsidize your Obamacare and the ever-increasing EBT entitlements and our Nation Debt is going to continue to explode.

The whole point is that the majority of Americans, which includes Republicans, Democrats, and Independents are opposed to using taxpayer money to pay for abortions and are also against late term abortions. Those are simply the numbers and I cannot change them because you don't agree with them.

Oh we can't afford free contraceptives and funding abortions? Is putting paint on a house dumb too? Fixing a roof timely? Concrete thinkers (& I use thinker very loosely in this context) like you are ridiculous. There are cost benefits to providing contraceptives freely, and making PUBLIC Universities and colleges tuition free.

All you're doing is advocating personal responsibility. We've had cheap contraceptives for years. I managed to get through college on the GI Bill as are a lot of young men and women doing today. Why must someone else pay for your mistakes and your needs. Are you not man enough to take care of the needs of yourself and the women in your life? Most men have been taking care of themselves and their women for centuries now. Why should anyone fund someone's abortion? Pregnancy is not a disease and is easily preventable. My wife and I have three children, all wanted and all planned. I don't owe you a damn thing.

6. The UFT editorial in the "NYTeacher" (found here Combating inequity) persists with the propaganda...

"Although black and Latino students make up 68 percent of the New York City public school population, they represent only 11 percent of the enrollment at our most prestigious high schools,... the UFT Specialized High School Task Force, led by UFT Vice President for Academic High Schools Janella Hinds, proposed more sweeping reforms. Recommendations included revising the test and making it one of several measures for entry; creating a path for admission for the top 8th-grade performer in each of the city’s middle schools..."

Revising the test???
The test is the reason for admission.

Perhaps the UFT would demand light-meters to grade each student on the actual shade the student's skin is.
That's the Liberal 'ideal.'

7. I'd be remiss if I didn't note that I heartily agree with these suggestions:

"... hiring up to five outreach workers to recruit more black and Latino students; offering more after-school tutoring and test prep for middle school students;..

....pay for the test prep and private tutoring that can help them achieve higher scores. Offering after-school tutoring and test prep can begin to level the playing field."

I'd leave it at that.....not demand racial quotas.

8. The last line is the editorial is ironic:

" The inequities that have shaped our school system for decades require that level of action and commitment to make meaningful change happen."

Know who has controlled NY City schools over those dilatory decades???

Liberals/Democrats

Hey, that's right. The democrats never did find anyone to nominate who is not old, rich, and white.

But we do have a two term president of color. Been there done that. The Repubs will never do it.
They ran more minorities and just as many women as democrats did this year. The democrats were uniformly rich and white.

Yes, we see the inclusive nature of the Republican Party from their interns through their members of Congress. You're too far behind to fight this battle.
democrats champion diversity of skin color, not thought. That is why they demonize minorities who dare to speak for themselves and not toe the plantation line.

Is that meant to be in contrast to some sort of conservative championing of diverse thought?

lol good one.
No, merely a comment on the way democrats treat minorities who dare to speak for themselves. And no, it's not funny.

Hey, that's right. The democrats never did find anyone to nominate who is not old, rich, and white.

But we do have a two term president of color. Been there done that. The Repubs will never do it.
They ran more minorities and just as many women as democrats did this year. The democrats were uniformly rich and white.

In your reality, how many suns and moons orbit our flat earth?
The same as the smell of the color nine. How about yours?

5. The victory of the Corrupt Party....let by the most corrupt couple in the history of American politics, has been accomplished through the control of the dissemination of information...academia, the media, pop culture

The schools, a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberalism, Inc., are all about melanin, skin color, rather than their actual mission....education.

The current editorial in the 'NY Teacher' carps about the low enrollment of black and Latino students "the ...elite schools .... which include Bronx HS of Science, Stuyvesant HS in Manhattan and Brooklyn Technical HS. These schools base admissions solely on how well students score on the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test. "

Although it says "These schools base admissions solely on how well students score on the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test," the message is that, somehow, whites, Republicans, Rightwingers, the usual suspects, are keeping out deserving (high scoring) black and Hispanic students.

Just like the fool who tried the 'racist' slur earlier.

They might as well have blamed 'police bias, guns, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, and....of course, Bush.

How about the Liberals who run the school system and failed to teach said students the importance of education, and the means to pass the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test.???

Do you have any evidence of anything you posted here?
The point is illustrated by a close examination of the expression, "Social Justice."

Social Justice is a mantra of the Left and is elevated above almost every other Good.

But it is the opposite of "good."

Justice is the bestowing of rewards and punishments according to individual merit. The felon is punished according to the severity of his crime; the prize is awarded to the person who got the best results.

But under "Social Justice," rewards and punishments are allocated ACCORDING TO THE GROUP TO WHICH YOU BELONG. So if you are the daughter of Barry and Michele Obama, you get special consideration when applying to Harvard, because you are a member of a traditionally-disadvantaged minority, while the son of a poor White farmer from Indiana gets bupkis.

Evil. Not good.

Your spin won't turn. Let's look at rock cocaine vis a vis its powdered form and comport what you read in the link below with the Law and Order promise of Trump.

FAMM - » Crack Cocaine Mandatory Minimum Sentences

Just one example of many that still exist in State Penal Codes, alone with 3 strikes laws which put allow prosecutors to seek 25 to life for a minor crime, when the felony's alleged in the information were decades in the defendants past.

Is it fiscally responsible to put a person in prison for 25 years to life for stealing a candy bar?

So we agree to stipulate that you attempted to silence me by tossing the "racist" slur....

....and we further agree that you both could not define same, and were shaking in your pajamas to battle me on same?

Excellent.

You've served your purpose.

We'll meet again on this field of battle: be sure you have your medical insurance paid up.

NEVER do I hope to censor you! Your intolerance for liberal and progressive ideals is the best argument for them.

1. "NEVER do I hope to censor you!"

Sooo.....why did you attempt the 'racist' gambit.

Let's add "liar" to your "Moron Resume."

2. "Your intolerance for liberal and progressive ideals.

As proven in this thread, said 'ideal' is to judge others by the color of their skin.

3. Point of fact: there are no "liberal and progressive ideals"
"Principle is nothing to liberals. Winning is everything."
Coulter

4. A query.....why, if the Democrats are running an individual to be President of the United States.....

....why is it their convention had no American flag flying?

Why?

Here's the prob for Liberals....when you're a part of the 'masses'.....sometimes the 'm' is silent.

What does it matter whether the flag is everywhere? If the convention was held outside the US, I could see it, but Republicans are great about waving the flag, while shitting on everything it stands for.

I'm always suspicious of those who wave the flag like made fools. I wonder what they're trying to cover up with rabid patriotism. And generally speaking it's something very heinous and un-American.

Is that meant to be in contrast to some sort of conservative championing of diverse thought?

lol good one.
No, merely a comment on the way democrats treat minorities who dare to speak for themselves. And no, it's not funny.

So you admit that conservatives are even less diverse than liberals are.

lol good one.

That's as meaningful a conclusion as figuring out how the color nine smells. IOW, not at all.

lol good one.

That's as meaningful a conclusion as figuring out how the color nine smells. IOW, not at all.

I offered you an opportunity to show that conservatives are more amenable to diverse thought than liberals,

since you implied that the opposite is true.

The offer is still open.

lol good one.

I offered you an opportunity to show that conservatives are more amenable to diverse thought than liberals,

The offer is still open.
Conservatives agree on a few broad things, like smaller (not no) government, and lower (not no) taxes on all taxpayers. They believe in pushing power down to the state and local level where possible. They believe in maximizing personal liberty where possible. Within that there are vast areas of disagreement. I, for instance, would probably be considered very conservative, but consider the way we treat those who have paid their debt to society in prison to be shameful. There are areas where conservatives agree in principal, but not in detail. You can, for example, be economically conservative while socially liberal, and you're not called an Uncle Tom. Conservatives view people as individuals, able to craft their own lives to be what they want given what they have, which is why liberals get to play Santa Claus to minority groups. Liberals see people primarily as members of groups, only secondarily as individuals, hence liberals are always coming up with stuff designed to appeal to one group or another. Conservatives don't do that because they craft solutions designed to allow everyone to succeed. Conservatism is the true large tent.

It remains the focus of the Democrat Party to step up the genocide of the Black race. Hillary, in order to appease Planned Parenthood and maintain their support has sworn to repeal the Hyde Act. The Hyde Act forbids the use of taxpayer funds to pay for abortions. 62% of Americans are opposed to using taxpayer funds to pay for abortions but the Democrat Party has adopted such a measure in their 2016 Party Platform. Unfettered abortion will be allowed with abortions permitted at anytime during the pregnancy. Most Americans, 78% of them, are against late term abortions. No matter, the Democrat Party has agreed to support such murders.

Why are so many conservatives opposed to age appropriate sex education as part of a comprehensive health care curriculum in the public schools?

Why are some religious leaders opposed to methods of birth control being part of such a curriculum for those students who have reached reproductive development?

Why are so many Americans and businesses opposed to birth control methods being part of health insurance?

What has any of that to do with using taxpayer money to fund abortions? We can't afford all this "free" crap. Add the burden to paying for "free" college now to taxpayers having to subsidize your Obamacare and the ever-increasing EBT entitlements and our Nation Debt is going to continue to explode.

The whole point is that the majority of Americans, which includes Republicans, Democrats, and Independents are opposed to using taxpayer money to pay for abortions and are also against late term abortions. Those are simply the numbers and I cannot change them because you don't agree with them.

Oh we can't afford free contraceptives and funding abortions? Is putting paint on a house dumb too? Fixing a roof timely? Concrete thinkers (& I use thinker very loosely in this context) like you are ridiculous. There are cost benefits to providing contraceptives freely, and making PUBLIC Universities and colleges tuition free.

All you're doing is advocating personal responsibility. We've had cheap contraceptives for years. I managed to get through college on the GI Bill as are a lot of young men and women doing today. Why must someone else pay for your mistakes and your needs. Are you not man enough to take care of the needs of yourself and the women in your life? Most men have been taking care of themselves and their women for centuries now. Why should anyone fund someone's abortion? Pregnancy is not a disease and is easily preventable. My wife and I have three children, all wanted and all planned. I don't owe you a damn thing.

You got through college on the GI Bill. That's federal aid. And college was not nearly as expensive then as it is today. Today, US students graduate with an average of $30,000 in debt. That's not good for them or the economy. No wonder so many are still living at home.

Congratulations on your perfectly planned family. I had two unplanned pregnancies, because I could not take oral contraceptives or other hormone based birth control, and other forms of birth control are not always reliable. One of those two unplanned pregnancies ended in a miscarriage, and the other is now a grown up with a family. I was married, and could afford to carry those babies to term, and indeed would have done so in both cases. Had I chosen to have an abortion, it would have been paid for by my health insurance because it's a medical procedure, and should be covered.

Truth be told, insurance companies would rather pay for an abortion because it's cheaper than paying for pre-natal care for 9 months, and a live birth at the end.

This whole "personal responsibility" mantra is, IMO, a way of dodging your social responsibilities. What is the point of living in a community or a nation where it's every man/woman for themselves? It is in your nation's best interests to have an well-educated work force, a modern, strong and well functioning infrastructure, and to have low-cost accessible health care.

Too bad so many of you aren't smart enough to see that.

You got through college on the GI Bill. That's federal aid. And college was not nearly as expensive then as it is today. Today, US students graduate with an average of $30,000 in debt. That's not good for them or the economy. No wonder so many are still living at home.

Congratulations on your perfectly planned family. I had two unplanned pregnancies, because I could not take oral contraceptives or other hormone based birth control, and other forms of birth control are not always reliable. One of those two unplanned pregnancies ended in a miscarriage, and the other is now a grown up with a family. I was married, and could afford to carry those babies to term, and indeed would have done so in both cases. Had I chosen to have an abortion, it would have been paid for by my health insurance because it's a medical procedure, and should be covered.

Truth be told, insurance companies would rather pay for an abortion because it's cheaper than paying for pre-natal care for 9 months, and a live birth at the end.

This whole "personal responsibility" mantra is, IMO, a way of dodging your social responsibilities. What is the point of living in a community or a nation where it's every man/woman for themselves? It is in your nation's best interests to have an well-educated work force, a modern, strong and well functioning infrastructure, and to have low-cost accessible health care.

Too bad so many of you aren't smart enough to see that.

I didn't get you pregnant. You are not my responsibility. Your pregnancy could have been avoided. Condoms are very inexpensive and I have never had even one of them to fail. Yes, folks should be responsible for their actions instead of putting the responsibility for their failures on the taxpayer.

Yes, I used my GI Bill to get an education. Thousands of young men and women are doing the very same thing today. I earned my GI Bill. It was part of my employment package. I left my right arm and half my shoulder on the Cambodian Border. I paid my just dues. Your problems were caused by yourself - not by me.

lol good one.

The offer is still open.
Conservatives agree on a few broad things, like smaller (not no) government, and lower (not no) taxes on all taxpayers. They believe in pushing power down to the state and local level where possible. They believe in maximizing personal liberty where possible. Within that there are vast areas of disagreement. I, for instance, would probably be considered very conservative, but consider the way we treat those who have paid their debt to society in prison to be shameful. There are areas where conservatives agree in principal, but not in detail. You can, for example, be economically conservative while socially liberal, and you're not called an Uncle Tom. Conservatives view people as individuals, able to craft their own lives to be what they want given what they have, which is why liberals get to play Santa Claus to minority groups. Liberals see people primarily as members of groups, only secondarily as individuals, hence liberals are always coming up with stuff designed to appeal to one group or another. Conservatives don't do that because they craft solutions designed to allow everyone to succeed. Conservatism is the true large tent.

LOL

I didn't get you pregnant. You are not my responsibility. Your pregnancy could have been avoided. Condoms are very inexpensive and I have never had even one of them to fail. Yes, folks should be responsible for their actions instead of putting the responsibility for their failures on the taxpayer.

Yes, I used my GI Bill to get an education. Thousands of young men and women are doing the very same thing today. I earned my GI Bill. It was part of my employment package. I left my right arm and half my shoulder on the Cambodian Border. I paid my just dues. Your problems were caused by yourself - not by me.

Problems? My pregnancies weren't "problems". I was married, employed, and we owned our home. The timing was off, but the pregnancies weren't problems. I was simply pointing out that birth control isn't always as easy as men think it is. One of my daughters is allergic to latex, so condoms are out, and she has the same problem with hormone based birth control as I do.

There is nothing no arrogant or as lacking in compassion as someone who has overcome all of their difficulties. But you had a lot of help. Your surgery and your recovery after you were wounded were provided for you "as part of your employment contract", by people who were trained using taxpayer money, in a hospital/rehab facility paid for with taxpayer dollars, and then you went to school on taxpayer dollars.

Of course, you "earned" it. But so do others, and you didn't do it all by yourself, no matter what you think.

Problems? My pregnancies weren't "problems". I was married, employed, and we owned our home. The timing was off, but the pregnancies weren't problems. I was simply pointing out that birth control isn't always as easy as men think it is. One of my daughters is allergic to latex, so condoms are out, and she has the same problem with hormone based birth control as I do.

There is nothing no arrogant or as lacking in compassion as someone who has overcome all of their difficulties. But you had a lot of help. Your surgery and your recovery after you were wounded were provided for you "as part of your employment contract", by people who were trained using taxpayer money, in a hospital/rehab facility paid for with taxpayer dollars, and then you went to school on taxpayer dollars.

Of course, you "earned" it. But so do others, and you didn't do it all by yourself, no matter what you think.

Just as there is nothing so disgraceful as shirking one's own responsibilities for the choices one makes. I supported my family and sent three kids to college. I don't need to pay for anyone else's kids to go to college and I don't need to pay for some idiot to have an abortion either.

Just as there is nothing so disgraceful as shirking one's own responsibilities for the choices one makes. I supported my family and sent three kids to college. I don't need to pay for anyone else's kids to go to college and I don't need to pay for some idiot to have an abortion either.

Where, in this story, did I shirk my responsibilities? No where. I worked from the time I took my first part time job in high school, until I retired, and then I unretired, went back to work for two more years, until I retired for good this year at age 66. I raised three children, my two oldest as a single mother after my divorce, until I remarried 6 years later.

People are responsible for their choices. But when I went to school, my tuition was $2,000 a year, not $20,000. At the time, the economy was strong and parents could afford to help their kids. Things have changed. Manufacturing jobs are gone so many parents are no longer able to help with their kids' education.

The economy has 5,000,000 jobs it cannot fill. Other countries, which are far more successful than the US, are giving free university to their people. While Americans are dividing by race, and reluctant to help their fellow citizens, your country will continue to slide in the quality of life categories.

Your country is fractured in so many ways. United you stand. Divided, and it's going to get worse.

Where, in this story, did I shirk my responsibilities? No where. I worked from the time I took my first part time job in high school, until I retired, and then I unretired, went back to work for two more years, until I retired for good this year at age 66. I raised three children, my two oldest as a single mother after my divorce, until I remarried 6 years later.

People are responsible for their choices. But when I went to school, my tuition was $2,000 a year, not $20,000. At the time, the economy was strong and parents could afford to help their kids. Things have changed. Manufacturing jobs are gone so many parents are no longer able to help with their kids' education.

The economy has 5,000,000 jobs it cannot fill. Other countries, which are far more successful than the US, are giving free university to their people. While Americans are dividing by race, and reluctant to help their fellow citizens, your country will continue to slide in the quality of life categories.

Your country is fractured in so many ways. United you stand. Divided, and it's going to get worse.

I'm not the one responsible for it. My days are nearly over. I have served my purpose. I raised my family, sent my kids to college and have let them take over my business. I faced my responsibility head on. With my handicap I didn't ever think about working for someone else either in a manufacturing job or anything else. I built a company and provided a few families with a good living. You go forth with your teeth barred and fight the good fight. Don't expect any help from me.

Forum List

Back