Urban Meyer decision coming down soon

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Ohio State Insider Shares New Update On Urban Meyer Decision Timeline

The Urban Meyer saga is closing in on a resolution. A decision on Meyer is expected today from Ohio State University president Michael V. Drake and the school’s Board of Trustees.

The Board of Trustees met at 9 a.m. ET and began an executive, private session. Since then, we’ve all been waiting on the news.

Urban Meyer showed up on site, which makes it seem like a decision is imminent. Earlier reports stated that a ruling will indeed be announced today.

The latest update, courtesy of Bucknuts247, indicates we will have to wait a little longer before news is announced.

The Bucknuts report says it could be “a couple of more hours.”

Ohio State Insider Shares New Update On Urban Meyer Decision Timeline

Everything is set up fpr a press conference. Columbus Dispatch said it was leaked that the decision will probably be a suspension and recommend "tme served."

Meyer got a 3 game suspension.

He won't be on the sidelines for the Oregon State, Rutgers and TCU games.

The first 2 are cupcakes. TCU is ranked #16 in the AP preseason poll.

I have a real problem with this "moral clause stuff. No one under the direction of Urban Meyer was found to be guilty of anything at the school. Zach Smith had accusations against him from his divorced wife and it was not proven nor was the personal life something that Urban Meyer had control.

What stops an angry ex of ruining the career of someone for revenge? Don't we have laws that before punishment takes place the court must deem that laws have indeed been broken.

Shouldn't Courtney Smith be held responsible for controling her own destiny by properly getting law enforcement involved in a timely manner and not rely on the husband's employer?

Urban Meyer had issues with Smith coming in late to work. Fire him for that. Fire him for behaviors that were observed by the coach or managers that impacted his his value to the team.

I believe that Urban Meyer had little emotion in the "speech" he gave. He did appeared to be angry with the entire process and I agree I would have felt the same way.

So Meyer is guilty because his wife texted with Zach's wife about the "abuse" she was experiencing. Do we have proof she related that information to Urban? That supposition is as cloudy as is the supposition that Courtney didn't engage in a physical fight with Zach and he was just holding her down. See where I am coming from? Do not deem one statement as fact without proof just as you cannot deem an opposing "fact" to be truth,

I believe that Zach Smith is a total jerk. With the sex pics, sex toys, affairs etc., I would have fired him for his personal behavior was affecting his performance with the team if that was true. And the fact that Zach had problems getting to work late could be the determining factor that he should be separated from the team for his performance, not for the fact that his wife was making unproven claims against him.

I have a real problem with this "moral clause stuff. No one under the direction of Urban Meyer was found to be guilty of anything at the school. Zach Smith had accusations against him from his divorced wife and it was not proven nor was the personal life something that Urban Meyer had control.

What stops an angry ex of ruining the career of someone for revenge? Don't we have laws that before punishment takes place the court must deem that laws have indeed been broken.

Shouldn't Courtney Smith be held responsible for controling her own destiny by properly getting law enforcement involved in a timely manner and not rely on the husband's employer?

Urban Meyer had issues with Smith coming in late to work. Fire him for that. Fire him for behaviors that were observed by the coach or managers that impacted his his value to the team.

The main issue was probably his lying to the press. That would fit under most morals clauses.

The press and ESPN is having a hate fest on Meyer today. Guess I don't see it as they do. If lying to the press is such a crime, we'd have very few people in elected office, woudn't we?

The press and ESPN is having a hate fest on Meyer today. Guess I don't see it as they do. If lying to the press is such a crime, we'd have very few people in elected office, woudn't we?

Meyer is not an elected official. He is a football coach who represents Ohio State University.

The press and espn.....

That is all you needed. We know whatever they are hyping is nothing but pure lefty hypocrisy.

Trust that.

The press and espn.....

That is all you needed. We know whatever they are hyping is nothing but pure lefty hypocrisy.

Trust that.

LMAO!! So this is the DNC out to get a football coach?

Meyer’s apology stunk, it basically excused his behavior and sold his wife out. Meyer knew about the beatings in 2009 and did nothing.

Meyer’s apology stunk, it basically excused his behavior and sold his wife out. Meyer knew about the beatings in 2009 and did nothing.
Zach's wife is an adult. It was her responsibility to get law enforcement into the case so it could be proven and Zach arrested for battery. Where is her responsibility questioned here?

We have a nation of laws. I don't think anyone should br fired before they hasve their day in court and found guilty. Did Zach admit to the abuse? What stops a vengeful, crazy wife from retaliating in the midst of a divorce with unfounded accusations.

I can see the difference in the Penn State case because that involved children who could not speak up and it was witnessed by a team employees. Big difference here. Urban Meyer should not not be held as a judge, jury and executioner. Our nation does not work like that.

Meyer knew abuse was going on, he has a moral obligation to report it. He did nothing, then he tried to cover it up, which shows he knew better. Then he pretended to apologize for not doing the right thing by blaming his wife.
Then you blame the victim in a domestic violence situation?

Forum List

Back