Update: Discharged!

she did NOT get a dishonorable discharge, it said she got an "administrative discharge"....

AND as I said on the other thread about this...she would NOT be court martialed and this would be settled without such!

she also worked the years she was in her position so she did not take anything that was not due...

Not completing her service, she is not eligible for veterans benefits, which is understandable.

Court martials are rare. They only happen when a service member requests one or someone really screwed up.

I'd venture to guess that she got an "Other Than Honorable" discharge, which is basically the norm for all people who refuse deployment.

"Administrative discharge" is not an actual discharge that I am aware of. It just means they are administratively separating her from the Army by discharge.

This is right. The correct term should have been "administrative separation".....which takes place in an Article 15 hearing.

Retirement bump.

So you spent 20 years in the Navy and never heard of a medical retirement? It is a simple process.When I was in any finding of 30 percent or more disability while on active duty was a trip to the Temporary Disabled retired list. You spend 5 years on the list with a review every year and a half. If they find you are no longer disabled you are returned to active duty. If after 5 years you are still disabled you are permanently retired. You receive retired pay same as if you did 20. In my case I fell under the 50 percent system. So I receive 50 percent of my base pay.

The military rated me at 50 percent disabled. So I was placed on the TDRL list and after 5 years permanently retired.

The VA did not rate me as high. Until later as I got worse. Currently I am rated 70 percent by the VA and considered unemployable so paid at the 100 percent rate. That occurred about the same time as I was placed on Permanent Retired list.

VA tends to rate mental problems lower and since that is how I was disabled initially they rated me at 10 percent. As time passed and I got worse, with more hospital stays and worsening condition they upped it 3 times.

Social Security considers me disabled as well. It took 3 years for my doctors to convince me to apply for Social Security disability. Generally when one applies they are turned down several times and end up hiring an attorney to convince the Social Security people of the problem. My application for disability was passed on the first submission. In and out of hospitals 2 to 3 times a year tends to do that.

I have not received retired pay since early 2000 when the VA started paying me at the 100 percent rate. Since I was not injured by combat my retired pay is reduced dollar for dollar for every VA dollar I receive. The VA pays me twice what retired pay would pay me.

I think recently they changed the threshold for medical retirement. Making it so you need more then 30 percent.

☭proletarian☭;2001409 said:
"She's excited that she's no longer facing jail and can still be with her son, which is the most important thing," said Rai Sue Sussman, Hutchinson's civilian attorney. "We're very happy about it right now."
The decision still carries consequences for Hutchinson. She is being demoted in rank to private and will lose benefits afforded to military service members and veterans, Fort Stewart spokesman Kevin Larson said.

FOXNews.com - Single-Mom Discharged From Army After Refusing Deployment

Wins all around. The Army gets rid of an unreliable soldier who refused to fulfill her obligation and make good on her oath, and she has all the time she needs to be with her child.

Dishonorable discharge is going to make it hard for her to find a good paying job with a decent company.

I will not hire anyone with one now for my business nor when I worked for Frito Lay.

Now we will have another mouth to feed on WIC, food stamps and welfare while she sits on her ass.

And pumps out three more kids out of wedlock. What a POS.

Wins all around. The Army gets rid of an unreliable soldier who refused to fulfill her obligation and make good on her oath, and she has all the time she needs to be with her child.

Dishonorable discharge is going to make it hard for her to find a good paying job with a decent company.

I will not hire anyone with one now for my business nor when I worked for Frito Lay.

Now we will have another mouth to feed on WIC, food stamps and welfare while she sits on her ass.

I wonder if she remembers who the father's are of those three kids.

Last edited:
"She's excited that she's no longer facing jail and can still be with her son, which is the most important thing," said Rai Sue Sussman, Hutchinson's civilian attorney. "We're very happy about it right now."
The decision still carries consequences for Hutchinson. She is being demoted in rank to private and will lose benefits afforded to military service members and veterans, Fort Stewart spokesman Kevin Larson said.

Maybe she just felt guilty about being involved in war crimes while fighting an illegal war in two sovereign nations ?
Three if you count Pakistan.

Are you employed by a Taliban recruitment center?

Mike

Retirement bump.

So you spent 20 years in the Navy and never heard of a medical retirement? It is a simple process.When I was in any finding of 30 percent or more disability while on active duty was a trip to the Temporary Disabled retired list. You spend 5 years on the list with a review every year and a half. If they find you are no longer disabled you are returned to active duty. If after 5 years you are still disabled you are permanently retired. You receive retired pay same as if you did 20. In my case I fell under the 50 percent system. So I receive 50 percent of my base pay.

The military rated me at 50 percent disabled. So I was placed on the TDRL list and after 5 years permanently retired.

The VA did not rate me as high. Until later as I got worse. Currently I am rated 70 percent by the VA and considered unemployable so paid at the 100 percent rate. That occurred about the same time as I was placed on Permanent Retired list.

VA tends to rate mental problems lower and since that is how I was disabled initially they rated me at 10 percent. As time passed and I got worse, with more hospital stays and worsening condition they upped it 3 times.

Social Security considers me disabled as well. It took 3 years for my doctors to convince me to apply for Social Security disability. Generally when one applies they are turned down several times and end up hiring an attorney to convince the Social Security people of the problem. My application for disability was passed on the first submission. In and out of hospitals 2 to 3 times a year tends to do that.

I have not received retired pay since early 2000 when the VA started paying me at the 100 percent rate. Since I was not injured by combat my retired pay is reduced dollar for dollar for every VA dollar I receive. The VA pays me twice what retired pay would pay me.

I think recently they changed the threshold for medical retirement. Making it so you need more then 30 percent.

Thanks for the schooling. I have never heard of the term "medical retirement". I know of medical discharges and of course I know what disability is and what happens when you are whatever percentage disabled. Like I said, I am 40%.

Why would you say that?

Why would you say that?

She didn't know who the father was of her first kid...the one that resulted in her being kicked out of the Army.

so it happened 3 times after that while she was in the service?

Someone is smoking something, she does not have 4 kids. She has one child and from what I have read she knows who the dad is and he doesn't want to have anything to do with her or the child. Probably a dead beat black father.

She didn't know who the father was of her first kid...the one that resulted in her being kicked out of the Army.

Someone is smoking something, she does not have 4 kids. She has one child and from what I have read she knows who the dad is and he doesn't want to have anything to do with her or the child. Probably a dead beat black father.

The initial claim by her when the leftwingers made a big deal out of this story was she didn't know who the father was otherwise the Army would have insisted on the father taking responsibility for the child while she was on deployment.

So this isnt directed at me then.

PatekPhilippe, what are you smoking? :lol:..

oh RetiredGySgt, you asked me about my service and how long I served after calling me "nazi boy". Comments on my service?

Last edited:

So this isnt directed at me then.

PatekPhilippe, what are you smoking? :lol:..

oh RetiredGySgt, you asked me about my service and how long I served after calling me "nazi boy". Comments on my service?

Having trouble reading I see....:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back