Upcoming "Exodus: Gods and Kings" movie controversy

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
"Ridley Scott has spoken out about the apparent lack of ethnic diversity in Exodus: Gods and Kings, after months of criticism for casting white actors as Egyptians.

The Gladiator director brushed off the outrage by insisting that, had white actors not filled most of the key roles in his upcoming biblical epic, it would never have got off the ground financially.

“I can’t mount a film of this budget, where I have to rely on tax rebates in Spain, and say that my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such,” he toldVariety.

“I’m just not going to get it financed. So the question doesn’t even come up.”"
Ridley Scott on Exodus Gods and Kings casting I m not going to get it financed if my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such - News - Films - The Independent

The thing from Fox News about Santa Claus being white occurs. If this is all just religious fiction anyway, who cares how 'accurate' the actors are?

No different than the jeebus being depicted as very Caucasian looking in his configuration by western civilization.

Really? I thought it settled a fairly big controversy. How God parted the Red Sea through Moses. He was about to part it because of who Moses is. He's Batman!

Hollywood is way behind the times on integrating minorities into movie and TV casts. Most shows are all-white, with just one or two black token characters. No Hispanics or Asians at all.

Forum List

Back