Up to our eyeballs

eddiew37

Gold Member
Nov 25, 2016
Robert Reich

This morning I phoned my old friend, a Republican former member of Congress.

Me: So what’s up? Is Corker alone, or are others also ready to call it quits with Trump?

He: All I know is they’re simmering over there.

Me: Flake and McCain have come pretty close.

He: Yeah. Others are thinking about doing what Bob did. Sounding the alarm. They think Trump’s nuts. Unfit. Dangerous.

Me: Well, they already knew that, didn’t they?

He: But now it’s personal. It started with the Sessions stuff. Jeff was as loyal as they come. Trump’s crapping on him was like kicking your puppy. And then, you know, him beating up on Mitch for the Obamacare fiasco. And going after Flake and the others.

Me: So they're pissed off?

He: Not just that. I mean, they have thick hides. The personal stuff got them to notice all the other things. The wild stuff, like those threats to North Korea. Tillerson would leave tomorrow if he wasn’t so worried Trump would go nuclear, literally.

Me: You think Trump is really thinking nuclear war?

He: Who knows what’s in his head? But I can tell you this. He’s not listening to anyone. Not a soul. He’s got the nuclear codes and, well, it scares the hell out of me. It’s starting to scare all of them. That’s really why Bob spoke up.

Me: So what could they do? I mean, even if the whole Republican leadership was willing to say publicly he’s unfit to serve, what then?

He: Bingo! The emperor has no clothes. It’s a signal to everyone they can bail. Have to bail to save their skins. I mean, Trump could be the end of the whole goddam Republican party.

Me: If he starts a nuclear war, that could be the end of everything.

He: Yeah, right. So when they start bailing on him, the stage is set.

Me: For what?

He: Impeachment. 25th amendment.

Me: You think Republicans would go that far?

He: Not yet. Here’s the thing. They really want to get this tax bill through. That’s all they have going for them. They don’t want to face voters in ’18 or ’20 without something to show for it. They’re just praying Trump doesn’t do something really, really stupid before the tax bill.

Me: Like a nuclear war?

He: Look, all I can tell you is many of the people I talk with are getting freaked out. It’s not as if there’s any careful strategizing going on. Not like, well, do we balance the tax bill against nuclear war? No, no. They’re worried as hell. They’re also worried about Trump crazies, all the ignoramuses he’s stirred up. I mean, Roy Moore? How many more of them do you need to destroy the party?

Me: So what’s gonna happen?

He: You got me. I’m just glad I’m not there anymore. Trump’s not just a moron. He’s a despicable human being. And he’s getting crazier. Paranoid. Unhinged. Everyone knows it. I mean, we’re in shit up to our eyeballs with this guy.

we’re in shit up to our eyeballs with this guy

heh - so he plagiarizes.

Strain of Resistance

sorry. i just can't take the death dealers seriously anymore. maybe it's true. maybe not. all i know is when you spend all your time making up lie after lie against the man and making up investigations to hold him accountable for - you want someone to take you seriously when there may actually be something there?

would you, if situations reversed? when you hear someone bag on hillary these days you just get mad cause they never give credit to her other side. yet, i had to drag it out of you the other day that trump did in fact apologize before and even then it carried a disclaimer.

this isn't to say it's not happening. it's to say that the left has been whining for so long about anything they can to get attention their feelings are hurt and they do not approve, how do i know this just isn't baseless attack 12,398,376?

that cry wolf thing. people have stopped listening to the left unending bitchfest for the most part and hollywood and the NFL are taking HUGE hits in revenue and i've not seen a single protest against them, i just see people tired of the shit and leaving.

that seems to be much more effective than russia storylines, vagina hats and lighting berkley trash cans on fire.

heh - so he plagiarizes.

Strain of Resistance

sorry. i just can't take the death dealers seriously anymore. maybe it's true. maybe not. all i know is when you spend all your time making up lie after lie against the man and making up investigations to hold him accountable for - you want someone to take you seriously when there may actually be something there?

would you, if situations reversed? when you hear someone bag on hillary these days you just get mad cause they never give credit to her other side. yet, i had to drag it out of you the other day that trump did in fact apologize before and even then it carried a disclaimer.

this isn't to say it's not happening. it's to say that the left has been whining for so long about anything they can to get attention their feelings are hurt and they do not approve, how do i know this just isn't baseless attack 12,398,376?

that cry wolf thing. people have stopped listening to the left unending bitchfest for the most part and hollywood and the NFL are taking HUGE hits in revenue and i've not seen a single protest against them, i just see people tired of the shit and leaving.

that seems to be much more effective than russia storylines, vagina hats and lighting berkley trash cans on fire.
I don't think Reich is a liar

heh - so he plagiarizes.

Strain of Resistance

he's bashing trump. i wouldn't expect you to.

like i said, when you spend 100% of your time bashing someone, the oddball time you may very well have a point will be blown over cause it's just more of the same from you.

heh - so he plagiarizes.

Strain of Resistance

He's just another fake news/Trump parasite with a tin cup.. sorry you had to hear it from me..:itsok:

heh - so he plagiarizes.

Strain of Resistance

like i said, when you spend 100% of your time bashing someone, the oddball time you may very well have a point will be blown over cause it's just more of the same from you.
Like I said you believe Reich the bearer of this news is a liar or the ex official that talks of how republicans having lost trust in Trump is lying too ?

Robert Reich

This morning I phoned my old friend, a Republican former member of Congress.

Me: So what’s up? Is Corker alone, or are others also ready to call it quits with Trump?

He: All I know is they’re simmering over there.

Me: Flake and McCain have come pretty close.

He: Yeah. Others are thinking about doing what Bob did. Sounding the alarm. They think Trump’s nuts. Unfit. Dangerous.

Me: Well, they already knew that, didn’t they?

He: But now it’s personal. It started with the Sessions stuff. Jeff was as loyal as they come. Trump’s crapping on him was like kicking your puppy. And then, you know, him beating up on Mitch for the Obamacare fiasco. And going after Flake and the others.

Me: So they're pissed off?

He: Not just that. I mean, they have thick hides. The personal stuff got them to notice all the other things. The wild stuff, like those threats to North Korea. Tillerson would leave tomorrow if he wasn’t so worried Trump would go nuclear, literally.

Me: You think Trump is really thinking nuclear war?

He: Who knows what’s in his head? But I can tell you this. He’s not listening to anyone. Not a soul. He’s got the nuclear codes and, well, it scares the hell out of me. It’s starting to scare all of them. That’s really why Bob spoke up.

Me: So what could they do? I mean, even if the whole Republican leadership was willing to say publicly he’s unfit to serve, what then?

He: Bingo! The emperor has no clothes. It’s a signal to everyone they can bail. Have to bail to save their skins. I mean, Trump could be the end of the whole goddam Republican party.

Me: If he starts a nuclear war, that could be the end of everything.

He: Yeah, right. So when they start bailing on him, the stage is set.

Me: For what?

He: Impeachment. 25th amendment.

Me: You think Republicans would go that far?

He: Not yet. Here’s the thing. They really want to get this tax bill through. That’s all they have going for them. They don’t want to face voters in ’18 or ’20 without something to show for it. They’re just praying Trump doesn’t do something really, really stupid before the tax bill.

Me: Like a nuclear war?

He: Look, all I can tell you is many of the people I talk with are getting freaked out. It’s not as if there’s any careful strategizing going on. Not like, well, do we balance the tax bill against nuclear war? No, no. They’re worried as hell. They’re also worried about Trump crazies, all the ignoramuses he’s stirred up. I mean, Roy Moore? How many more of them do you need to destroy the party?

Me: So what’s gonna happen?

He: You got me. I’m just glad I’m not there anymore. Trump’s not just a moron. He’s a despicable human being. And he’s getting crazier. Paranoid. Unhinged. Everyone knows it. I mean, we’re in shit up to our eyeballs with this guy.

Wishful fictions are about all the Democrats have, at this point.

heh - so he plagiarizes.

Strain of Resistance

How do you know it isn't a baseless attack?? I guess we'll never know BUT lets look at the cards trump is placing on the table Huge rifts with his own parties top guys his shooting from the hip in regards to Iran NK Turkey his utter disregard for the truth The cards I see lead me ,perhaps not you ,to see the emperor wears no clothes

heh - so he plagiarizes.

Strain of Resistance

Like I said you believe Reich the bearer of this news is a liar or the ex official that talks of how republicans having lost trust in Trump is lying too ?
i have said nothing of how i feel about trump. i just don't get into the OH YEA HE LIES MORE crap. i also don't LOOK for reasons to justify how i feel. i'm quite beyond that. i feel the way i do and i'll talk about it openly to anyone who'd like to talk about it. i won't troll around on hate sites looking for headlines to post and people to quote to try and prop up my own emotional state of mind.

again - when each and every post is a BASH TRUMP, how long do you expect to be taken seriously? esp when i call you out on a bash and you fight having to admit he did in fact apologize for the behavior in question. you just went elsewhere and said "but what about..." when that was not the topic at hand.

when you hear people do nothing but bash hillary, you get frustrated. why should *the other side* get any less frustrated at the constant trump bashing?

who wins exactly what in the end? congrats, we all win a seriously divided country.

good job emo's.

I guess the Russia Collusion Deal is just not going to work out.

So, it has become necessary to retread the Nuclear War Deal that the you assholes tried so hard with on Reagan.

I remember it well. Me and the rest of the citizens of this country were absolutely assured that Ronald Reagan would get us into a nuclear war. No doubt was allowed---it was a sure thing.

Fuck the Swamp.

heh - so he plagiarizes.

Strain of Resistance

i have said nothing of how i feel about trump. i just don't get into the OH YEA HE LIES MORE crap. i also don't LOOK for reasons to justify how i feel. i'm quite beyond that. i feel the way i do and i'll talk about it openly to anyone who'd like to talk about it. i won't troll around on hate sites looking for headlines to post and people to quote to try and prop up my own emotional state of mind.

again - when each and every post is a BASH TRUMP, how long do you expect to be taken seriously? esp when i call you out on a bash and you fight having to admit he did in fact apologize for the behavior in question. you just went elsewhere and said "but what about..." when that was not the topic at hand.

when you hear people do nothing but bash hillary, you get frustrated. why should *the other side* get any less frustrated at the constant trump bashing?

who wins exactly what in the end? congrats, we all win a seriously divided country.

good job emo's.
Could you please show me where I fought your post having to admit he did make an apology As soon as I read your link I said I WAS WRONG Now either my memory is failing me or you're putting up straw men

heh - so he plagiarizes.

Strain of Resistance

good job emo's.
Could you please show me where I fought your post having to admit he did make an apology As soon as I read your link I said I WAS WRONG Now either my memory is failing me or you're putting up straw men
no it wasn't a knock down drag out, but when i first posted it you bypassed it. i called you on it and you then did say yes, he apologized then ran to BUT WHAT ABOUT... as a disclaimer.

good job emo's.
no it wasn't a knock down drag out, but when i first posted it you bypassed it. i called you on it and you then did say yes, he apologized then ran to BUT WHAT ABOUT... as a disclaimer.
When I first read your post I didn't realize there was a link there But some one a post or 2 after that mentioned something and I went back to your post Again I believe he apologized He had to or lose many votes With that I'm taking the rest of the day off from here Seems like no one wants to hear negativity about our great leader Just hope his tax reforms go through and he didn't make too many enemies in congress

good job emo's.
When I first read your post I didn't realize there was a link there But some one a post or 2 after that mentioned something and I went back to your post Again I believe he apologized He had to or lose many votes With that I'm taking the rest of the day off from here Seems like no one wants to hear negativity about our great leader Just hope his tax reforms go through and he didn't make too many enemies in congress
and that's my point for the "disclaimer" on your part.

you say he'll NEVER do something.
i show you where he did.
you see it and go "well he had to so he didn't mean it"

much like hillary with quite a few people, she can never do anything *right* in their eyes. that seems to bother you quite a bit.

yet you do the same to trump, but he deserves it.

same coin, just a different side.

good job emo's.

i show you where he did.

much like hillary with quite a few people, she can never do anything *right* in their eyes. that seems to bother you quite a bit.

only thing out of her mouth I felt was a big mistake was calling folks deplorable Out of his, it never stops

good job emo's.

i show you where he did.

only thing out of her mouth I felt was a big mistake was calling folks deplorable Out of his, it never stops
yep. cause you like one and hate the other. so you can't understand why someone would hate hillary but you can't also understand why someone would support trump.

at this point i don't think you get what i'm saying, so i'll bow out by just saying again - you're doing the exact same thing to trump you get mad at people doing to hillary.

if the action is wrong, the action is wrong. justification is for us to validate our emotions at this point.

i show you where he did.

yep. cause you like one and hate the other. so you can't understand why someone would hate hillary but you can't also understand why someone would support trump.

at this point i don't think you get what i'm saying, so i'll bow out by just saying again - you're doing the exact same thing to trump you get mad at people doing to hillary.

if the action is wrong, the action is wrong. justification is for us to validate our emotions at this point.
just like to say it's nice having a pleasant conversation with some one here

Forum List

Back