Up 22% this year

What a dumb fucking politically motivated vapid post, thanks whitehall.
Is this a feel good thread? Beyond changing long put positions at new highs and long calls at new lows or vice versa for short LEAPs to minimize losses by hedging I don't seen any point in getting upset over flucuations. Cut losses and lock in profits is my goal. Politics that have nothing to do with my profits or losses do not affect my strategies.

Thoughts? Not the time to buy, it will correct, the time to buy was in 08-09. If anything, put your money in inverse performance etfs like SPXU or invest overseas in emerging markets. Gold is also a good buy as a hedge as well.

Gold? :lol::lol::lol:
Gold is bottoming, it may make one more correction, but now is a good time to increase positions
Or gold mining stocks. I have positions in Barrick Gold(ABX) and IAMGOLD(IAG), both at a multi year lows and are turning the corner. Great buy.

Good luck, you'll need it.

Is this a feel good thread?
I don't think so. I've had that "correction is a coming" feeling since late summer, that can't be good as least for boring buy and hold guy like me.

Politics that have nothing to do with my profits or losses do not affect my strategies.
Agreed, I often wonder if the people who seem to live their lives around political finger pointing manage their finances based on it too.

Gold is bottoming, it may make one more correction, but now is a good time to increase positions
Or gold mining stocks. I have positions in Barrick Gold(ABX) and IAMGOLD(IAG), both at a multi year lows and are turning the corner. Great buy.

Good luck, you'll need it.
It depends on how he balances his portfolio. Gold is part of almost all lazy man portfolios. It also depends on how he hedges losses. Berkshire Hathaway is buy and hold because of the level of front running turbulence in portfolios that large.

Correct to what?

To what the stocks are actually worth would be my guess...
Lots of government money being thrown into the system.
This needs to be looked at very closely.As soon as there is a whiff that the FED is gonna
stop I will need to make a decision about what to do...

Correct to what?

Lots of government money being thrown into the system.
This needs to be looked at very closely.As soon as there is a whiff that the FED is gonna
stop I will need to make a decision about what to do...
while true waiting to hedge until there is clarity will mean trying to exit during margin calls and stop losses, which is suicidal and stupid. Hedge now and don't try to call the market.

Stocks are always worth exactly what they are being traded at.

Ah the perfect market theory rears its head again.

In a way, of course, that POV is right.

Stocks are worth whatever the market decides at the moment.

If one could but know the psychological gestalt of the market at any moment one would clean up the next.

Of course all this is based on the theory that the market is NOT being manipulated by insiders.

And that, my friends, is true sometimes, I think

Last edited:
Stocks are always worth exactly what they are being traded at.

Ah the perfect market theory rears its head again.

In a way, of course, that POV is right.

Stocks are worth whatever the market decides at the moment.

If one could but know the psychological gestalt of the market at any moment one would clean up the next.

Of course all this is based on the theory that the market is NOT being manipulated by insiders.

And that, my friends, is true sometimes, I think
It depends on time frame, black swans hit about once every 16 months. Also Value Line has outperformed the market for decades which is not possible under random walk.

Think about if you can lefties. The bi-polar left obviously supports the Marxist doctrine and the radical "occupy wall-street" mob that demonstrates against capitalism. Unemployment is still high especially among the minority population but the left celebrates the spike in the Dow and wealth created by rich corporations. What's going on? The low information left relies on internet blogs that pretend to support the administration so they don't have to waste time thinking about issues.

The bi-polar left obviously supports the Marxist doctrine and the radical "occupy wall-street" mob that demonstrates against capitalism.
Who are you even arguing with here? I didn't see anyone mention supporting Marxist doctrine or Occupy Wall Street, you just propped up a nice big straw man and started swinging away at it. Wow, you sure trounced that argument you invented, nice work.

Up 22% this year
...and all those stocks were bought up by banks investing all that free money the FED has been giving them.
I buy stocks every month in my equity mutual funds. I am not a bank.

According to BBC World News today.....

The Dow Jones posted 16,000....Best annual ever....

Up 22% this year....

Best showing in a decade.....

Comments?

Thoughts? Not the time to buy, it will correct, the time to buy was in 08-09. If anything, put your money in inverse performance etfs like SPXU or invest overseas in emerging markets. Gold is also a good buy as a hedge as well.

Gold? :lol::lol::lol:

The Gold bubble is burst. Bitcoins dropping as fast as it came up

Shall I pout? I only made 18% this year on our portfolio .....

Now working on the re-balance and taking that way too high percentage out of cash. I refuse to discuss the amount of gains I missed by leaving too much in cash for all this time : ((

Yeah, GOLD was fool's gold. It is done. They won't let it drop below 1,000 but it is too bad folks got suckered into buying that as if the end of the world meant survivors would buy burgers with gold chunks.

Much to my chagrin, I have a mutual fund rocking it which I hope is following the manipulated stock market. I figure I make more money riding the wave than pointing out the absurdity of it.

Forum List

Back