Unpublished Law Dome Series....wonder why?

wirebender

Mar 31, 2011
NC
"Oxygen isotope series are the backbone of deep-time paleoclimate. The canonical 800,000 year comparison of CO2 and temperature uses O18 values from Vostok, Antarctica to estimate temperature. In deep time, O18 values are a real success story: they clearly show changes from the LGM to the Holocene that cohere with glacial moraines.

On its face, Law Dome, which was screened out by Gergis and Karoly, is an extraordinarily important Holocene site as it is, to my knowledge, the highest-accumulation Holocene site yet known, with accumulation almost 10 times greater than the canonical Vostok site. (Accumulation is directly related to resolution: high accumulation enables high resolution.) The graphic below compares glacier thickness for some prominent sites for three periods: 1500-2000, 1000-1500 and 0-1000. its resolution in the past two millennia is nearly double the resolution of the Greenland GRIP and NGRIP sites that have been the topic of intensive study and publication....................."

lawdome_compare.png

So why would such an invaluable source of data on the relatively recent past remain unpublished? Mayube what it shows?

IMG]http://climateaudit.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/ld2_1kyr1.png[/IMG]

ld2_1kyr1.png

wasnt that in one of the climategate emails, where it was discussed how to delay giving McIntyre the data. mind you they tried to delay or deny just about everything to him.

it was supposedly going to be archived in 2004. its only 2012 now so perhaps we are being to harsh. its hard work to be a scientist.

Lonnie Thompson made a disappointing ice core disappear too. its web site is still expecting results soon, after 6 years. hahahaha

I went back and googled the missing Bona-Churchill ice cores. David Urmann wrote his PhD thesis on it. apparently David is a pretty smart guy because he got out of paleoclimatology as soon as he got his degree and is now the CEO of a tourist company
david-urmann.jpg

and I rechecked the Bona-Churchill web site- Ice Core Analyses ( in progress )

the project started in 2002, Ulmann's paper was supposed to come out in 2004, is out now, and he left paleoclimatology in 2009 (before or after climategate?). where is the data? hmmmmm.....interesting

Last edited:

Forum List

Back