UNPRECEDENTED: Sen Shelby is placing a hold on ALL Nominees FOR WHAT? TO GET PORK!

Ahhhhhh....now your tanker argument is shot down in flames because Democrats support his reasons for acting on it....now you expand it to include all earmarks from Shelby that have been shot down ever since he's been in the Senate.....

Oh heaven's to mergatroid...he's a vengeful man...the horror of it all!!!!!

Yeah....you're a dumb ass..

Ahhhhhh....now your tanker argument is shot down in flames because Democrats support his reasons for acting on it....now you expand it to include all earmarks from Shelby that have been shot down ever since he's been in the Senate.....

What IN THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??

Have you even read the fucking articles out TODAY on the reasons why he is doing it?

IT'S NOT JUST THE TANKER you dipshit.

"Earmark," like many other words, actually HAS a meaning already. So, no.

It's NOT semantic bullshit.

We realize that you, being a lib, are opposed to the use of words within the constraints of their actual meaning. But alas, there it is.

And which positions are "ugently" "needed?"

"Urgent" and "need" are also words that have actual meaning. Really.

Yeah, just like paying contractors for government work are "Private Sector" jobs, rather than just more "Big Government" spending.

LOL. Republican rationalizations.

What IN THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??

Have you even read the fucking articles out TODAY on the reasons why he is doing it?

IT'S NOT JUST THE TANKER you dipshit.

"Jane, you ignorant slut."

Please show me where Shelby stated that he was upset over the Obama Administration holding back funds for the explosives lab....or was that the OPINION of the author.

Yeah....you're a dumb ass.

We realize that you, being a lib, are opposed to the use of words within the constraints of their actual meaning. But alas, there it is.

Yeah, just like paying contractors for government work are "Private Sector" jobs, rather than just more "Big Government" spending.

A contractor actually is generally a private sector entity, regardless of who is paying for his/her services on any given job.

But, the SPENDING to pay for his/her services on a given job CAN certainly be government spending.

Who's rationalizing what?

A single senator can place an anonymous hold on any appointee.

At this point right now, there are something like 170 unconfirmed nominees that are being held up.

Tell me you didn't know this.

So? Who was the single senator that was holding things up PRIOR to Shelby? Obama has had since a full year to work on getting confirmations of his nominees and has focused very little on it. You can blame Shelby for the immediate hold, but I don't see any good excuses as to why Obama hadn't been more proactive about getting his people confirmed up to this point.
He talks all the damn time about it. Where have you been.

He has no control over the Senate, he can only use his bully pulpit. And youa sk who?

Did you note the word anonymous in there?

Obama’s 177 Unconfirmed Appointees - The Daily Beast

May I suggest you take the issue up with Harry Reid if you think it's been an issue? Seems they passed legislation in 2007 that gives him the choice on whether to honor a hold.

"When the Honest Leadership and Open Government Act (S. 1, 110th Congress) was signed into law September 14, 2007, Section 512 of that statute specifically addresses the issue of secret "holds."

"Ultimately, it is up to the majority leader of the Senate - who sets the chamber's agenda after consulting various people- to decide whether, or for how long, he will honor a colleague's hold. "
http://www.senate.gov/CRSReports/crs-publish.cfm?pid='0E,*QLS>#@

A contractor actually is generally a private sector entity, regardless of who is paying for his/her services on any given job.

But, the SPENDING to pay for his/her services on a given job CAN certainly be government spending.

Many, many contractors only client is the govt.

I haven't found a single comment on the TEDAC by Shelby that says he's upset about the witholding of funds. A lot of left wing loon extrapolation bullshit opinions but no facts......as expected.

Many, many contractors only client is the govt.

Ok. So?

I haven't found a single comment on the TEDAC by Shelby that says he's upset about the witholding of funds. A lot of left wing loon extrapolation bullshit opinions but no facts......as expected.
You can borrow my cardboard tube, if you think that'll help. :lol:

Funny how when the rhetoric is removed and only the facts of a moonbat argument are looked at, it caves in quicker than a Chinese coal mine.

Last edited:
Washington Post, Politico, The Hill, National Journal...those aren't good enough news sources for you I take it.

Forum List

Back