Unless Iran does something catastrophic to American citizens either here or abroad....

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I WILL NOT SUPPORT A WAR AGAINST THEM.

The federal government, and by extension our military, is tasked with defending our border and our citizens. That's it, period.
Sending troops to the Middle East and playing cat and mouse with foreign nations who have not attacked us is not in the constitution.
I was vehemently against the war in Libya for the same reason.
We have given our checkbooks to the war machine for DECADES and they, as we saw with Iraq, can fabricate "reasons" for continual war acts in perpetuity.
When do we say ENOUGH?!

Trump ran on ending this BUSINESS VENTURE of a perpetual war machine. He ran on bringing the billions of dollars home from overseas and using it to rebuild America.

NO WAR WITH IRAN.

I get "why" we took out the general. I also get that it will NEVER end unless we take the steps to end it. We retaliated, they retaliate, then we retaliate, then they retaliate.

I'm sure some of you will have choice words or labels for me but frankly I don't give a fuck. Trump ran on ending this bullshit.

The dog whistle "terrorist" no longer works on me. We had a literal invasion on our southern border. We have a trade war with China. We have Russia meddling in our personal affairs. We have a social and MSM that misleads the American people. We have a debt that is beyond control. We have a dysfunctional congress. We have a mental health & drug crisis.
We have LOTS of things that those billions of war dollars wasted could help solve.

Seems to me Trump is being consumed by the "machine"

Meh......I agree with most of what you say...….but let's see what happens in the next week or so before making judgements.

He did say the hit on the general was to stay out of war, and there may be some tit for tat for a few days, but let's see what & how it plays out

A Proxy War in the Middle East has been going on for decades. Some call it a Cold War between Saudi Arabia and Iran.........Or you can call it Sunni versus Shia...........It is a smaller version of our Cold War with the USSR............

They Hate each other......and it will only end when one side or the other loses.........So we have occupied a place that will not accept our version of Gov't.........and will be dominated by Religion.........That is how it has been since Mohamed...............and that is why I call the Middle East Quick Sand............

Iran forced this with attacks on Americans there.............pushing the envelope to see how far they can go without us killing them...............they were used to Obama and not Trump who did RETALIATE for their actions..............It is a policy of Peace Thru Strength..................

Peace Thru Strength is a dangerous policy and sometimes NECESSARY............Because if the other side doesn't back down you will need to Send even stronger messages.............but you CAN''T BACK DOWN..............

Iran started this by killing Americans.............we countered and said knock it the fuck off..........Now it is in their court to whether they need to be taught a stronger lesson.

The federal government, and by extension our military, is tasked with defending our border and our citizens. That's it, period.
Sending troops to the Middle East and playing cat and mouse with foreign nations who have not attacked us is not in the constitution.
We have given our checkbooks to the war machine for DECADES and they, as we saw with Iraq, can fabricate "reasons" for continual war acts in perpetuity.
When do we say ENOUGH?!

Trump ran on ending this BUSINESS VENTURE of a perpetual war machine. He ran on bringing the billions of dollars home from overseas and using it to rebuild America.

NO WAR WITH IRAN.

I get "why" we took out the general. I also get that it will NEVER end unless we take the steps to end it. We retaliated, they retaliate, then we retaliate, then they retaliate.

I'm sure some of you will have choice words or labels for me but frankly I don't give a fuck. Trump ran on ending this bullshit.

The dog whistle "terrorist" no longer works on me. We had a literal invasion on our southern border. We have a trade war with China. We have Russia meddling in our personal affairs. We have a social and MSM that misleads the American people. We have a debt that is beyond control. We have a dysfunctional congress. We have a mental health & drug crisis.
We have LOTS of things that those billions of war dollars wasted could help solve.

I think we have to see how this plays out before I pass judgment on the killing of a terrorist general. But much of what you say is true. Let's just hope Trump's actions give enemy countries pause before doing anything catastrophic.

When do we say ENOUGH?!

NO WAR WITH IRAN.

I think we have to see how this plays out before I pass judgment on the killing of a terrorist general. But much of what you say is true. Let's just hope Trump's actions give enemy countries pause before doing anything catastrophic.

When do we say ENOUGH?!

NO WAR WITH IRAN.

When do we say ENOUGH?!

NO WAR WITH IRAN.

I think the difference between Trump and other presidents facing the prospect of war, is that Trump will not have a never ending war like Viet Nam or Afghanistan. He'll go in, have an exit plan, follow that plan and come out victorious.

When do we say ENOUGH?!

NO WAR WITH IRAN.

Two points: first, our military is tasked with defending out interests, not just our borders, hence Jefferson sent our Marines all the way to North Africa to defend US interests there. The US has strong interests to defend in the ME/Gulf, to prevent a nuclear Iran and to protect the global economy, and hence our own, from being damaged by Iran blocking oil shipments in the Gulf as it has been threatening to do.

The second point is, everyone from President to the Pentagon agrees there will be no war with Iran, so where is all this craziness about war coming from?

When do we say ENOUGH?!

NO WAR WITH IRAN.

Two points: first, our military is tasked with defending out interests, not just our borders, hence Jefferson sent our Marines all the way to North Africa to defend US interests there. The US has strong interests to defend in the ME/Gulf, to prevent a nuclear Iran and to protect the global economy, and hence our own, from being damaged by Iran blocking oil shipments in the Gulf as it has been threatening to do.

The second point is, everyone from President to the Pentagon agrees there will be no war with Iran, so where is all this craziness about war coming from?

Not only are we saying we don’t want a war, but no one knows the series of events that has yet to occur that may in fact lead to a war. To say you’re against a war that hasn’t happened lacks logic.

To Be Determined.

When you create action, there will be a response.

Time will determine if this action is justified or not?
Consequences. Actions have Consequences. FACT.

Did this Scum deserve to be terminated? IMO, yes.
Am I mad/upset that trump ordered this assignation? NOPE.
But there WILL be consequences.

Are you up to accepting ANY future Consequence and Accepting that fate lands at the feet of trump?
Be it good or bad?

When do we say ENOUGH?!

NO WAR WITH IRAN.

Not only are we saying we don’t want a war, but no one knows the series of events that has yet to occur that may in fact lead to a war. To say you’re against a war that hasn’t happened lacks logic.
Yes, but Iran simply isn't powerful enough to force the US into a war it doesn't want to fight. If Iran persists in these attacks on the US, it will be humiliated repeatedly by our response but will not be able to provoke us into war.

When do we say ENOUGH?!

NO WAR WITH IRAN.

Yes, but Iran simply isn't powerful enough to force the US into a war it doesn't want to fight. If Iran persists in these attacks on the US, it will be humiliated repeatedly by our response but will not be able to provoke us into war.

I agree. People have war fatigue in this country, which is understandable, but there isn’t much of a chance a war is going to happen with Iran. Barring a unforeseen happening.

When do we say ENOUGH?!

NO WAR WITH IRAN.

I agree. People have war fatigue in this country, which is understandable, but there isn’t much of a chance a war is going to happen with Iran. Barring a unforeseen happening.
The Democrats are doing their best to try to create a panic about this because a Democrat's worst nightmare is that something good might happen for America while a Republican is in office.

Forum List

Back