University students vote to make American flag optional

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Why is patriotism optional now? Shouldn't this be a compulsory requirement for all citizens? You drape a flag over the coffin of a soldier coming home, show some respect. I don't even know why this would be an issue for any American.

Students at the University of California, Davis proved you don't need a Bic lighter to desecrate Old Glory -- you just need a majority vote.

The UC Davis Student Senate passed legislation revoking a long-standing rule that required the American flag "stand visibly" at every senate meeting.

"It shall not be compulsory for the flag of the United State (sic) of America to be displayed at the ASUCD Senate meetings," the new legislation declares.

Ironically, the author of the anti-American bill is a student who recently became a naturalized citizen.

"The concept of the United States of America and patriotism is different for every individual," Itmar Waksman told the CBS affiliate in Sacramento.

Under the new rules, any senator who wants to display Old Glory must file a petition.

"It will then be at the discretion of the Senate Pro Tempore whether to approve, reject or set the decision to a vote of the Senate," the bill states.

Last edited:
Why is patriotism optional now?

Ha ha, you spelled "fetishism" wrong.

Kinky, dood.

Shouldn't this be a compulsory requirement for all citizens?

FUCK the fuck no. What kind of police state runs your kinky fantasies?

3IxqlA8.jpg

Last edited:
You can be patriotic without draping yourself in a piece of cloth.

Students at the University of California, Davis proved you don't need a Bic lighter to desecrate Old Glory -- you just need a majority vote.

"Desecrate"???
rofl.gif

Are you fucking insane? Voting to not have a fetish foisted on you is "desecrating" it? What does that say about your passive-authoritarian bootlick mentality?

Kinky, dood.

3IxqlA8.jpg

cute picture, when was it taken?

Likely before December 1942, when Congress changed the protocol for proper robot behavior because it was too similar to another country's robot behavior.

Ya can't be havin' sentient robots. :nono:

Why is patriotism optional now? Shouldn't this be a compulsory requirement for all citizens? You drape a flag over the coffin of a soldier coming home, show some respect. I don't even know why this would be an issue for any American.

The UC Davis Student Senate passed legislation revoking a long-standing rule that required the American flag "stand visibly" at every senate meeting.

"It shall not be compulsory for the flag of the United State (sic) of America to be displayed at the ASUCD Senate meetings," the new legislation declares.

Ironically, the author of the anti-American bill is a student who recently became a naturalized citizen.

"The concept of the United States of America and patriotism is different for every individual," Itmar Waksman told the CBS affiliate in Sacramento.

Under the new rules, any senator who wants to display Old Glory must file a petition.

"It will then be at the discretion of the Senate Pro Tempore whether to approve, reject or set the decision to a vote of the Senate," the bill states.
California liberals want transsexual men to be called mothers, want to give sanctuary to illegal messicans. I feel like Alice falling through the looking glass. Mad hatters are dictating the norm. No wonder Californians are leaving the place. The inmates are running the asylum, and they charge twice the price.

California liberals want transsexual men to be called mothers, want to give sanctuary to illegal messicans. I feel like Alice falling through the looking glass. Mad hatters are dictating the norm. No wonder Californians are leaving the place. The inmates are running the asylum, and they charge twice the price.

Bravo girl! :clap:

Bravo girl! :clap:
Thanks for that, I bow.

I love California, I have talked to farmers and just plain folks there. Surprisingly they didn't agree with that pro gay pro illegal agenda, which surprised me. It made me wonder, Who speaks for the majority? Is the voting public truly representative? What is this democratic republic if it just panders to a popular few?

My California refugee bitched constantly that the liberal big city folk constantly over ruled everyone else, he said it was so bad he didn't even bother voting because it didn't matter; the dems had 15 people lined up to cross his off.

He's /thrilled/ to be in Alaska though heh

Kinky, dood.

3IxqlA8.jpg

cute picture, when was it taken?

Likely before December 1942, when Congress changed the protocol for proper robot behavior because it was too similar to another country's robot behavior.

Ya can't be havin' sentient robots. :nono:
nice bit of propaganda...

"they're holding their little arms up in a Nazi salute, so it must be bad"

Except, by your own admission, they haven't done it for 75 years or more.

How do you 'salute' your standard?

th

That stuff we learned in elementary school about anthems, flags, pledging allegiance to who knows what, etc.? I gave it up in 1969. We don`t annoy people at the beginning of a movie or a Kenny Chesney concert with that song so why must we do it before sporting events? Besides, if we were the home of the brave we wouldn`t be building a wall to keep those scary looking dark skinned people out.

Forum List

Back