United State President Barack Obama Curtailed Gun Rights How..

Obama has never showed much interest in curbing 2nd amendment rights. I think he has enough problems now without opening that can of worms.

Like I said if he wants to do it, all he has to do is wait, and hope he gets to replace one of the Conservative Justices on the Supreme court.

Job done.

Much as I think that this is a good point, I don't think that this will happen. The President, at his core, is a moderate. I personally do not think he wants to restrict the "right" of Americans to bear arms.

Where do you get the idea that at his core he is a Moderate?

I know that is what we were sold during the Election, but what he has said and tried to do since being elected seems much more like the actions of someone on the far left, than a Moderate to me.

he has already replaced one justice, with a Liberal activist with little practical experience. We would have to be complete dimwits to think he would put a moderate on the court if one of the conservatives steps down.

you are either Naive or partisan to the core to say that lol.

WTF? Pretty lame thread, Sallow.

Next thread... try, Obama wants to curtail fishing rights.

A good rebuttal would have been exactly how the President means to do it.

No disrespect to you. I enjoy a good debate, friend.

What? Going after something that's not there?

Well, yes.

I break with the President on "gun" rights.

I don't exactly understand why the right thinks his opinions are different then theirs..

They are, however, different then mine.

Like I said if he wants to do it, all he has to do is wait, and hope he gets to replace one of the Conservative Justices on the Supreme court.

Job done.

Much as I think that this is a good point, I don't think that this will happen. The President, at his core, is a moderate. I personally do not think he wants to restrict the "right" of Americans to bear arms.

I know that is what we were sold during the Election, but what he has said and tried to do since being elected seems much more like the actions of someone on the far left, than a Moderate to me.

he has already replaced one justice, with a Liberal activist with little practical experience. We would have to be complete dimwits to think he would put a moderate on the court if one of the conservatives steps down.

I look forward to specifics on how President Obama has curtailed gun "rights".

A good rebuttal would have been exactly how the President means to do it.

No disrespect to you. I enjoy a good debate, friend.

Well, yes.

I don't exactly understand why the right thinks his opinions are different then theirs..

His opinions are very different for the most part than a conservatives....just not gun control. Kinda like a broken clock being right twice a day.

Well, yes.

His opinions are very different for the most part than a conservatives....just not gun control. Kinda like a broken clock being right twice a day.

Please.

Provide specifics.

This thread is about "gun rights".

So..let's keep on topic.

I look forward to where you show where I ever said he had.

You made the claim he was a moderate. I pointed out that the polices he has pushed for so far are not very Moderate, and I pointed out that the one Justice he has appointed so far is a liberal Activist. And your response is to ask me to provide evidence of him curtailing Gun rights after I have already said he hasn't.

Funny.

Last edited:

You made the claim he was a moderate. I pointed out that the polices he has pushed for so far are not very Moderate, and I pointed out that the one Justice he has appointed so far is a liberal Activist. And your response is to ask me to provide evidence of him curtailing Gun rights after I have already said he hasn't.

Funny.

This is confusing.

He seems to be on your side.

Not mine.

Funny.

This is confusing.

Not mine.

We do not know really where he stands on gun rights. But as I have pointed out now 2 times. If he appoints another justice like the last one he did. And that justice is replacing a conservative on the court. Then the court will begin to rule against gun rights anyways.

So his stance on gun rights really does not matter. Who he would appoint to the Supreme court does.

Funny.

This is confusing.

Not mine.

We do not know really where he stands on gun rights. But as I have pointed out now 2 times. If he appoints another justice like the last one he did. And that justice is replacing a conservative on the court. Then the court will begin to rule against gun rights anyways.

So his stance on gun rights really does not matter. Who he would appoint to the Supreme court does.

Again.

Confusing.

Please..get into specifics.

I disagree with Obama on gun "rights'. I think he is wrong.

Do you?

This is confusing.

Not mine.

Again.

Confusing.

Do you?

I just told you we do not really know where he stands on gun rights. So how could I tell you if I agree with him or not?

He has never really talked about the subject. All we do know is he has already appointed one Justice to the Supreme court that would rule against Gun rights.

That is really all we have to go on.

Again.

Confusing.

Do you?

I just told you we do not really know where he stands on gun rights. So how could I tell you if I agree with him or not?

He has never really talked about the subject. All we do know is he has already appointed one Justice to the Supreme court that would rule against Gun rights.

Well then..why does the right attack him on policy he's never advocated for?

Again.

Confusing.

Do you?

Don't ask me. I don't attack him for things he has not done. I attack him for the things he has done :)

If I had to guess I would say they are assuming from his supreme court appointment, and his other far left Agenda Items, that he would probably be far left on gun rights as well. But I can not speak for them I am just venturing a guess.

Last edited:

Don't ask me. I don't attack him for things he has not done. I attack him for the things he has done :)

Okay..then you are with him on gun rights.

I'm not.

We can disagree repectfully there.

I'm not.

You make less sense with each post.

Since I have said 3 times now, that I do not know where Obama stands on Gun rights, How can you assume I am with him on gun rights. ????

Been drinking tonight or something?

If you want to know where I stand on gun rights all you had to do was ask.

I think our right to bear arms (with reasonable limitations) is one of our most important rights. A public able to defend itself from an abusive government is a key part of our system of checks and balances.

Here is a couple quotes of some wise men on the subject.

George Washington: "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself.
They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are
equally indispensable... more than 99% of them [guns] by their silence indicate
that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere
restrains evil interference [crime]. When firearms go, all goes, we need them
every hour." (Address to 1st session of Congress)

George Mason: "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." (3
Elliot, Debates at 380

Last edited:

Since I have said 3 times now, that I do not know where Obama stands on Gun rights, How can you assume I am with him on gun rights. ????

I think our right to bear arms (with reasonable limitations) is one of our most important rights. A public able to defend itself from an abusive government is a key part of our system of checks and balances.

George Washington: "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself.
They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are
that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere

George Mason: "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." (3
Elliot, Debates at 380

Personal attacks aside..and they never help with an argument.

No..I don't think the notion of arming the electorate against autocratic government was original intent. Thats fine..and it's probably fodder for a different thread.

Nothing Obama has done...and I mean nothing in an absolute sense..has curtailed those "rights".

I invited people to demostrate how that has filtered into legislation. None have provided me with suitable arguments.

But please..feel free.

Or continue your asinine attacks on my sobiety..

Last edited:

Elliot, Debates at 380

No..I don't think the notion of arming the electorate against autocratic government was original intent. Thats fine..and it's probably fodder for a different thread.

Nothing Obama has done...and I mean nothing in an absolute sense..has curtailed those "rights".

I invited people to demostrate how that has filtered into legislation. None have provided me with suitable arguments.

But please..feel free.

Or continue your asine attacks on my sobiety..

I have already agreed with you that he has not pushed for any legislation to curtail gun rights.

If you want to ignore the fact that he has Appointed 1 Justice to the supreme court already who would indeed Rule against gun rights when cases came before the court involving them then More power to you.

My apologies for asking if you had been drinking. But when you kept asking me the same question after I had answered it already. I was reminded of my lush Brother when he calls me at 4 am shit faced :)

I try my best not to make personal attacks, everyone now and then I slip up :)

Last edited:

But please..feel free.

Or continue your asine attacks on my sobiety..

I have already agreed with you that he has not pushed for any legislation to curtail gun rights.

If you want to ignore the fact that he has Appointed 1 Justice to the supreme court already who would indeed Rule against gun rights when cases came before the court involving them then More power to you.

My apologies for asking if you had been drinking. But when you kept asking me the same question after I had answered it already. I was reminded of my lush Brother when he calls me at 4 am shit faced :)

I try my best not to make personal attacks, everyone now and then I slip up :)

No worries. And all good.

In terms of shaking hands I invite a cyber invitation.

Lets argue ideas..and not personalities.

Again.

Confusing.

Do you?

Try a little research some day, you may learn something.

Barack Obama on Gun Control

I'm not.

Why are you trying to pick a fight? CM has said repeatedly that he doesn't know Obama's views on gun control. You clearly are for the disarming of the people so start a thread on that and quit your pithy nonsense. And yes this is a personal attack designed to educate you that passive aggressive argumentation is not very effective no matter how "nicely" put.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back