United Earth Government

Would you like a United Earth?

• Total voters
It's a normal part of the human evolutionary process.

Yep but we are at least hundreds of years away from being ready for a world government.

Easily several hundred years.

First thing that has to happen is all the individual races be bred out of existence to eventually produce a single version of human.

That's probably not going to happen. Even within our "races" there are differences.

What's going to need to happen is that people believe those differences don't really matter much.

Yep but we are at least hundreds of years away from being ready for a world government.

First thing that has to happen is all the individual races be bred out of existence to eventually produce a single version of human.

That's probably not going to happen. Even within our "races" there are differences.

What's going to need to happen is that people believe those differences don't really matter much.

But it's been happening all along.

Our country is a perfect example of the melding of the different races and nationalities.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

A world that worked together to solve its problems insteading of waring on each other?

yeah thats useless huh?

That has to be started at an individual level.

Let me know when you get to a point where you want to work with others.

Why do you need a one world government to accomplish that?

A lack of personal responsibility. Rather than doing her part, she wants to outsource her responsibilities to the government. Using force rather than persuasion.

Really?

Do you prefer life as you see it in other countries that are only 250 years old?
Seems to me the nation state thing is working great.
250 years and we are the most properous, free-est, envied nation in the world.
What...a little inconvenience to your luxuries is a reason to blast the system?
You are aware that our poor live better than many of the "middle class" of many other nations that are infinitely older than ours?
Am I not correct?

You are absolutely correct.

And he made a great case for why the world would benifit from such a government.

Geeeezeee people think it through

No TM....Pay attention.

No one is saying it would not be a great thing.

What we are saying is that it is not achevable.

How about right this second.

If you are willing to use facts, science, court documents, history, the real definition of words and the wealth of education we have before us all then we could do this right now.

No thank you.

Large countries are hard enough to run.

Would our states be on equal footing with other countries? Imagine Cali, the 8th largest economy in the world taking a back seat to Somalia?

What would be the official language?
What currency? What would the currency be based on?
Not every country wants equal rights for all. What do we do with them?
Not every country of even everyone want's a democracy. Most of the ME is a theocratic "democracy"

geejuz, we can't get crap done through the UN and you think we can be one big country?

It's a nice idea, but it's science fiction.

It could be done, we would just have to kill off anyone that doesn't want capatalism and democracy.

That's china, russia, NK, the ME, chunks of the EU, much of Africa.....

Our country is a perfect example of the melding of the different races and nationalities.

Yes..but you still have people that "look" vastly different. Take for example the way we categorize women..blondes, brunettes, redheads. They all have features that are very different from each other. If you start attributing other parameters to those differences..like "Dumb Blonde" that becomes the problem.

There are no real differences between the races other then trivial appearances.

Really?

Do you prefer life as you see it in other countries that are only 250 years old?
You are aware that our poor live better than many of the "middle class" of many other nations that are infinitely older than ours?
Am I not correct?

You are absolutely correct.

And he made a great case for why the world would benifit from such a government.

Geeeezeee people think it through

Now think this one through long and hard tm

What you are saying, and what the op is saying is that 'OUR" government is the best and the only way to go. I would think there would be a few who would oppose that idea, don't you think? How would you feel of there was a new world government and it was NOT based on the constitution?

Because the nation-state solution hasn't been working so well.

Really?

Am I not correct?

Unlike many..I personally think war is an atrocity. Killing people is absolutely and utterly wrong. It should go against every fiber of our being. Wars are also counter productive. The resources used to prosecute them could have been deployed toward efforts that would make the world a better place..like solving our energy woes..or :gasp: space travel.

But..we haven't come to a stage where everyone feels that way. Especially those in the religious community. Until we do..this cycle will repeat..over and over.

I agree. It is an arocity.
But where would we be now without it?
As ironic as it sounds, freedom requires war. Yes, it is rediculous...but without war, the most devious and the most desiring would have all.
We would be a world living under a dictator.

Yours is one of changing the human psyche....as long as people have differing personalities, sadly, war is a necessity.

If you are willing to use facts, science, court documents, history, the real definition of words and the wealth of education we have before us all then we could do this right now.

OK...
Lets do it your way.

You want us to follow N Korea's lead, or should they follow ours.

I say they should follow ours.

Now what.

That does not provide a reason for why we Should.

Last edited:
Really?

Am I not correct?

Unlike many..I personally think war is an atrocity. Killing people is absolutely and utterly wrong. It should go against every fiber of our being. Wars are also counter productive. The resources used to prosecute them could have been deployed toward efforts that would make the world a better place..like solving our energy woes..or :gasp: space travel.

But..we haven't come to a stage where everyone feels that way. Especially those in the religious community. Until we do..this cycle will repeat..over and over.

I agree. It is an arocity.
But where would we be now without it?
As ironic as it sounds, freedom requires war. Yes, it is rediculous...but without war, the most devious and the most desiring would have all.
We would be a world living under a dictator.

Yours is one of changing the human psyche....as long as people have differing personalities, sadly, war is a necessity.

Well yeah.

There's not going to be a "One world government" anytime soon. But if humanity survives a few more hundred years..it's probably something it will move to.

But we are no where near that yet.

Great points. We should just let the other guys kill us.

Great points. We should just let the other guys kill us.

How quaint.

A gliberatarian.:lol:

Yeah, cause the only thing humans disagree about is race, that would solve everything. :cuckoo:

Yeah, cause the only thing humans disagree about is race, that would solve everything. :cuckoo:

Agreed. And even worse, how does one "breed" out religion? :eusa_whistle:

A really REALLY REALLY bad idea.

As we see with the Useless Nations, every once in a while the "leader" would be some bloodthirsty savage fascist or an otherwise objectionable oppressor.

No thanks. I think we'd be MUCH better off sticking with our own sovereignty.

Forum List

Back