Unions Suffer Deathblow after Wisconsin Supreme Court Ruling

92, how DARE you put Capitalism in a positive light you bourgeois Capitalist Pig. :D

(That's my Twitter handle actually....Capitalist Pig, LOL...or close enough)

:lol: Always got a kick out of Wall Street protesters who would walk to Starbucks for a $7.00 latte in order to take a break from all that capitalism bashing.

Yeppppppppp.

How is it that Detroit is crumbling to shit, but the nicest building in town is the UAW headquarters ? How much of a salary cut have the union leadership taken in return for doing so little for the rank and file?

Government unions protect the lame, lazy, and non-productive that are being paid by ME. Calvin Coolidge said: "You cannot strike against the common good."

92, how DARE you put Capitalism in a positive light you bourgeois Capitalist Pig. :D

:lol: Always got a kick out of Wall Street protesters who would walk to Starbucks for a $7.00 latte in order to take a break from all that capitalism bashing.

This Daily Show clip sums up the Occupy morons the best of all....

Occupy Wall Street Divided - The Daily Show - Video Clip | Comedy Central

This Daily Show clip sums up the Occupy morons the best of all....

Occupy Wall Street Divided - The Daily Show - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Damn that was funny. Uptown, downtown. LMAO. God the liberal brain is fucked up.

Weakening the public sector labor unions means one thing and one thing only. It means that one more sector of the American economy will have its labor force working for less money, fewer benefits, and less job security;

it's all a part of the long slow decline of America. Why conservatives think this is a good thing is a mystery. It's not as if conservatives have some sort of immunity or insulation from the decline. It's not as if every conservative is in ownership or management or of some other status that has a personal special interest in making America's workers poorer.

Let's put your theory to the test.. You should favor that.

You favor paying people a wage that is above the market clearing level for that job.

Here's my proposal to make America stronger.

Every liberal sends every conservative $100 per year via an IRS redistribution mechanism. Liberals makes conservatives richer. Conservatives don't have to do anything for this free gift, just like public sector employees don't have to do anything to earn their above-market wages.

This will make America stronger because now conservatives will have higher incomes, just like public sector employees have high incomes.

You should favor this because it meets your criteria - one group is made richer at the expense of another group and done so in a way that doesn't require market forces.

What could go wrong with this plan? Why would you object?

Don't be an asshole. The 'market' for pay levels is distorted when the government takes away the rights of workers to negotiate collectively.

Weakening the public sector labor unions means one thing and one thing only. It means that one more sector of the American economy will have its labor force working for less money, fewer benefits, and less job security;

it's all a part of the long slow decline of America. Why conservatives think this is a good thing is a mystery. It's not as if conservatives have some sort of immunity or insulation from the decline. It's not as if every conservative is in ownership or management or of some other status that has a personal special interest in making America's workers poorer.

Doesn't any conservative want to explain why he thinks the decline of working class wages in this country is a good thing?

You support it; you ought to be able to defend it.

The best thing that could happen to all taxpayers in any state would be the end of public employee unions. Unions have no business being involved with tax payer money, and the workers should be directly accountable to the people that pay their salaries.

Yes of course because the best way to get better teachers and police, for example, is to make the jobs shittier.

In 2011, Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker signed Act 10, a law effectively ending collective bargaining among teachers unions there. It gave rise to massive protests, recall elections, teacher strikes and Democratic State Senators abandoning their posts during the bill's passage. Today, the Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled 5-2 to uphold Act 10 in it's entirety, effectively ending the fight that began three years ago.

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The Wisconsin Supreme Court on Thursday upheld the 2011 law that effectively ended collective bargaining for most public workers, sparked massive protests and led to Republican Gov. Scott Walker's recall election and rise to national prominence.

The 5-2 ruling upholds the signature policy achievement of Walker in its entirety and is a major victory for the potential 2016 GOP presidential candidate, who is seeking re-election this year.

The ruling also marks the end of the three-year legal fight over the union rights law, which prohibits public worker unions from collectively bargaining for anything beyond base wage increases based on inflation. A federal appeals court twice upheld the law as constitutional.

"No matter the limitations or 'burdens' a legislative enactment places on the collective bargaining process, collective bargaining remains a creation of legislative grace and not constitutional obligation," Justice Michael Gableman wrote for the majority.

The high court ruled in a lawsuit filed by the Madison teachers union and a union representing Milwaukee public workers. They had argued that the law, which came to be known as Act 10, violated workers' constitutional rights to free assembly and equal protection.

The law also requires public employees to contribute more toward their health insurance and pension costs. In a two-sentence statement Walker issued Thursday, he praised the ruling and claimed the law has saved taxpayers more than $3 billion — mostly attributable to schools and local governments saving more money because of the higher contributions.

"Today's ruling is a victory for those hard-working taxpayers," Walker said.
Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds 2011 union law

beep !!! Beep !!!! back the truck up ....its not over until the federal court rules on it... it maybe the state supreme cour but they have the federal court to rule on it....ane way things look walker won't be governor to much longer...

The robber barons are licking their lips! Fuck the worker they scream!

Robber barons is a misstatement, for they were neither "robbers" nor "barons." But the were entrepreneurs who risked their own venture capital to make a profit, and in return stimulated the economy and gave us all good products and a higher standard of living.

no they didn't ...you need to read a little history... thats why they got broke up becasue of their greed ... they would come into a competors market who was making larges somes of money these men would buy out that company close it down and send their employees packing ... this was happing all the time ... untill they were forced to sell off their monoploy of business... John D Rockfeller said he would go broke becasue of the break up of their company they would go broke by being forced to accept unions ... this was the furtherest from the truth ... he earn more money then he could have ever made ...

People of Wisconsin are already realizing Scott Walker was huge mistake, which is why he's running behind the Bicycle Lady.

ain't that the truth ... they believe that every worker should get a dollar a day and thats too much for them

In 2011, Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker signed Act 10, a law effectively ending collective bargaining among teachers unions there. It gave rise to massive protests, recall elections, teacher strikes and Democratic State Senators abandoning their posts during the bill's passage. Today, the Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled 5-2 to uphold Act 10 in it's entirety, effectively ending the fight that began three years ago.

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The Wisconsin Supreme Court on Thursday upheld the 2011 law that effectively ended collective bargaining for most public workers, sparked massive protests and led to Republican Gov. Scott Walker's recall election and rise to national prominence.

The 5-2 ruling upholds the signature policy achievement of Walker in its entirety and is a major victory for the potential 2016 GOP presidential candidate, who is seeking re-election this year.

The ruling also marks the end of the three-year legal fight over the union rights law, which prohibits public worker unions from collectively bargaining for anything beyond base wage increases based on inflation. A federal appeals court twice upheld the law as constitutional.

"No matter the limitations or 'burdens' a legislative enactment places on the collective bargaining process, collective bargaining remains a creation of legislative grace and not constitutional obligation," Justice Michael Gableman wrote for the majority.

The high court ruled in a lawsuit filed by the Madison teachers union and a union representing Milwaukee public workers. They had argued that the law, which came to be known as Act 10, violated workers' constitutional rights to free assembly and equal protection.

The law also requires public employees to contribute more toward their health insurance and pension costs. In a two-sentence statement Walker issued Thursday, he praised the ruling and claimed the law has saved taxpayers more than $3 billion — mostly attributable to schools and local governments saving more money because of the higher contributions.

beep !!! Beep !!!! back the truck up ....its not over until the federal court rules on it... it maybe the state supreme cour but they have the federal court to rule on it....ane way things look walker won't be governor to much longer...

LOL

yeah sure

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2SVwzw2vGo]Mike Barrett Democracy's dead - YouTube[/ame]

walker remained victorious on another Supreme court challenge

i guess it was a twofer

Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds voter ID law

Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds voter ID law

Unions are just another deduction on your paycheck.
Everyone is better off without them.

American workers get screwed and the 'I've got mine, so fuck everyone else' sociopaths do the happy dance. People ask what's wrong with America? We now have the answer.

"I've got mine, so fuck everyone else" is the union motto.

Nope, it's the old, retired, self-centered. Unions represent workers, the people that are still working and paying into the system so you can receive your check every month. Quit biting the hand that feeds you!

Tell me something. Did someone sit down with you and teach you the talking points, or did they just plug directly into the USB port in the back of your head and download it?

Get rid of police and firemen unions also, if you really believe that public employees should have no collective bargaining rights. It's not fair to condemn some and not all in the same group. That will be the issue when this is presented to the US Supreme Court..

Excellent news. The era of Public sector unions is coming to a close. This is the beginning of the end. Like gay marriage and marijuana legalization- the momentum is unstoppable. State after state will fall. Say Buh-bye to Public sector Unions.....:clap:

It's about damn time too! Even FDR knew that Public Sector Unions represented an inherent conflict of interest.

And where do the better jobs with better pay come from after this? That was my question.

That's the point. Driving wages, benefits, and working conditions down so employers can make more $$$.

How about paying productive people more than unproductive people.

How about hiring competent people? I'm tired of dealing with government offices full of idiots who can barely communicate in English, clearly don't give a fat rat's hairy ass about doing their jobs correctly, and couldn't be courteous if their lives depended on it, and knowing that my tax dollars are going to fund such a clusterfuck.

I realize that I live only an hour from the Mexican border, but this IS still technically the United States, so is it really too much to ask that when the government zealously pursues a hiring policy of "bilingualism", the people they hire are actually BILINGUAL, as in they speak English in addition to Spanish? Really? You REALLY can't find anyone in the entire state of Arizona who can communicate in both languages to hire for that job? I'm skeptical. And I'm sick and tired of asking government employees simple questions - up to and including, "Where's the bathroom?" - and having them gaze at me blankly and say, "Que?"

I'm irritable on this subject right now, because my youngest son just started kindergarten two days ago, and already I'm on the verge of strangling someone.

We live about a block-and-a-half from his elementary school, and yesterday we went early so that he could eat breakfast with his classmates. Breakfast is served from 7:30 to 8:20 am (class starts at 8:30). I know this, because it's posted on big signs all over the school. I have the breakfast and lunch menus for this month downloaded onto my phone. Yesterday's breakfast was supposed to be two maple pastry bars - pretty small things - fruit yogurt, string cheese, orange juice, and milk. We get to the line at 8 am, and the woman pushes a tray at my kid with the maple bars and the orange juice box on it, and says, "That's all we have right now." The cheese and yogurt are sitting right there next to her, but apparently they didn't bother to get there in time that morning to thaw them, and they were frozen solid.

We go to the station where you pay, and they scan Quinlan's bar code off the list (I pay for his food a month in advance, so that he doesn't have to mess around with it.) That means that they just charged a full breakfast to his account, even though he most certainly did NOT get a full breakfast. Excuse me? And most of the kids in my area are on free and reduced lunch, because we live in a poor neighborhood. That means they're charging the state of Arizona for a whole schoolful of meals they aren't serving. Can we say, "Fraud"?

Fine. It's the beginning of school, and despite the fact that these overpaid losers have all been doing this for years, MAYBE they are still getting their crap together and figuring out how to organize things. Whatever. I'll give 'em one pass. Monday morning, that tray had best have every single item from the official menu on it, or the cafeteria manager and principal are both going to have their eardrums blistered.

Like getting your kid an education isn't enough of a job to start with.

By the way, employees of TUSD are all unionized. :D What a coincidence.

Government unions protect the lame, lazy, and non-productive that are being paid by ME. Calvin Coolidge said: "You cannot strike against the common good."

I used to have the screenname ColdheartedBitch. People kept calling me that, so I figured I should just adopt it as my own.

The robber barons are licking their lips! Fuck the worker they scream!

Robber barons is a misstatement, for they were neither "robbers" nor "barons." But the were entrepreneurs who risked their own venture capital to make a profit, and in return stimulated the economy and gave us all good products and a higher standard of living.

no they didn't ...you need to read a little history... thats why they got broke up becasue of their greed ... they would come into a competors market who was making larges somes of money these men would buy out that company close it down and send their employees packing ... this was happing all the time ... untill they were forced to sell off their monoploy of business... John D Rockfeller said he would go broke becasue of the break up of their company they would go broke by being forced to accept unions ... this was the furtherest from the truth ... he earn more money then he could have ever made ...

You need to read some REAL history . . . and maybe a textbook on English grammar. My computer's spell-checker took one look at your post and had a nervous breakdown.

Let's put your theory to the test.. You should favor that.

You favor paying people a wage that is above the market clearing level for that job.

Here's my proposal to make America stronger.

Every liberal sends every conservative $100 per year via an IRS redistribution mechanism. Liberals makes conservatives richer. Conservatives don't have to do anything for this free gift, just like public sector employees don't have to do anything to earn their above-market wages.

This will make America stronger because now conservatives will have higher incomes, just like public sector employees have high incomes.

You should favor this because it meets your criteria - one group is made richer at the expense of another group and done so in a way that doesn't require market forces.

What could go wrong with this plan? Why would you object?

Don't be an asshole. The 'market' for pay levels is distorted when the government takes away the rights of workers to negotiate collectively.

The 'market' is distorted when the public sector unions have a hammer over the heads of the people they work for. Federal emploees have never had the right to strike, nor negotiate for wages and benefits. Yet, the federal government has never had any shortage of qualified people seeking employment.

Forum List

Back