Unions contribute 4x what FEC disclosures show

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
"Organized labor spends about four times as much on politics and lobbying as generally thought, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis, a finding that shines a light on an aspect of labor’s political activity that has often been overlooked. …
The new figures come from a little-known set of annual reports to the Labor Department in which local unions, their national parents and labor federations have been required to detail their spending on politics and lobbying since 2005."

WSJ: Unions contribute four times what FEC disclosures show « Hot Air

"
In looking at this graphic, it’s clear that Democrats — which receive nearly all of union donations and support in elections — had their first billion-dollar-plus campaign in 2008, not in 2012. The FEC-reported combination of political spending in 2010 for the three big PEUs was $171.5 million, but that’s dwarfed by the actual level of political activism from Big Labor in that cycle, which went above $1.3 billion, when counting 2009 and 2010 together. And Democrats still lost in those midterms — by a wide margin.
Remember this when the Left complains that Republicans and Mitt Romney want to buy elections, or that corporate political needs to be restricted or barred altogether from the political process. "

When I was a union member I was highly offended that my forced union dfues was going to candidates I didn't support. There's something wrong with that scenario.

"Organized labor spends about four times as much on politics and lobbying as generally thought, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis, a finding that shines a light on an aspect of labor’s political activity that has often been overlooked. …
The new figures come from a little-known set of annual reports to the Labor Department in which local unions, their national parents and labor federations have been required to detail their spending on politics and lobbying since 2005."

Money Laundering on the Left continues.

Forum List

Back