Union with Obama ties rents offices for Occupy DC

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
Public sector union money...I mean union member's money....I mean tax payer money

occupy343.jpg

labor union with strong ties to President Obama is helping make the Occupy Wall Street movement a more permanent fixture in the nation's capital, moving Occupy DC into office space the group can use to organize and grow through the presidential election.

The Service Employees International Union, one of Obama's most vocal supporters among labor groups, is paying $4,000 a month for three offices the Occupy protesters will use for at least the next six months to plan future demonstrations, organize and host workshops.

The offices are at the Institute for Policy Studies, a nonprofit progressive group headquartered at 16th and L streets NW, amid the major law firms, trade groups and lobbying shops that Occupiers have spent the past seven months denouncing. The offices are just a short distance from the tent city Occupy DC established in McPherson Square in October.

Occupiers moved into their new digs Monday. The SEIU will pay the rent for six months, said John Cavanagh, director of the Institute for Policy Studies.

Union with Obama ties rents offices for Occupy DC | Washington Examiner

They actually have to tell their members that no sexual harassment or physical violence is allowed? Any group that needs signs and warnings not to do those things is one I'll stay far away from. Is the "no squatting" rule another way of saying no pooping on everything?

they actually have to tell their members that no sexual harassment or physical violence is allowed? Any group that needs signs and warnings not to do those things is one i'll stay far away from. Is the "no squatting" rule another way of saying no pooping on everything?

lolololol

Public sector union money...I mean union member's money....I mean tax payer money

occupy343.jpg

labor union with strong ties to President Obama is helping make the Occupy Wall Street movement a more permanent fixture in the nation's capital, moving Occupy DC into office space the group can use to organize and grow through the presidential election.

The Service Employees International Union, one of Obama's most vocal supporters among labor groups, is paying $4,000 a month for three offices the Occupy protesters will use for at least the next six months to plan future demonstrations, organize and host workshops.

The offices are at the Institute for Policy Studies, a nonprofit progressive group headquartered at 16th and L streets NW, amid the major law firms, trade groups and lobbying shops that Occupiers have spent the past seven months denouncing. The offices are just a short distance from the tent city Occupy DC established in McPherson Square in October.

Occupiers moved into their new digs Monday. The SEIU will pay the rent for six months, said John Cavanagh, director of the Institute for Policy Studies.

Union with Obama ties rents offices for Occupy DC | Washington Examiner
Since the left always says the Tea Party is just like the Occupados, I'm sure we can find pictures of places like this for the Tea Party... can't we?

That picture is priceless. The fact that they have to tell people any of that just illustrates the differences between occupy and the TP.

That picture is priceless. The fact that they have to tell people any of that just illustrates the differences between occupy and the TP.
We've replaced these Tea Party protesters with OWS protesters. Let's see if anyone notices the difference!

Same-o, same-o. Right?

Giving tax payer money laundered through the union directly to Occupy

What "taxpayer" money?

Taxpayer money, which pays public sector union workers. A portion of their pay is taken for union dues, a portion of which is being used by union bosses to pay rent for The D.C. Occupy movement..."money laundering":eusa_shhh:

So when a public sector employee buys a hamburger for lunch, are "the taxpayers" paying for his hamburger?

Not to mention, SEIU isn't, for the most part, a "public sector" union...

What "taxpayer" money?

Taxpayer money, which pays public sector union workers. A portion of their pay is taken for union dues, a portion of which is being used by union bosses to pay rent for The D.C. Occupy movement..."money laundering":eusa_shhh:

So when a public sector employee buys a hamburger for lunch, are "the taxpayers" paying for his hamburger?

Not to mention, SEIU isn't, for the most part, a "public sector" union...

The fact that it's not all taxpayer money really doesn't matter does it? Still taking union members’ dues and using them to pay expenses for Occupy. Who decision was this? Was there a vote? A meeting discussing this or did union bosses just decide to pay their rent?

Sorry bout that,

1. Then Obama owns OWS.
2. That should say something.
3. What it says to me, is Obama hates America.
4. I say for that, *FUCK YOU OBAMA*!!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Giving tax payer money laundered through the union directly to Occupy

What "taxpayer" money?

There is none. Another fairy tale for the weak minded.

SEIU Tries to Grab Dues Money from Taxpayer Subsidies

SEIU-We-Make-Politics-Work3-300x202.jpg

In-home health care workers in Connecticut, like their counterparts in Michigan, may see so-called union dues deducted from paychecks they receive through a state subsidy for the poor . . . The Service Employees International Union (SEIU) is trying to unionize in-home health care workers, based on the theory that they qualify as public employees because the money paid to them is subsidized by the state. “The only notice home health care workers receive concerning a union election is a nondescript mailing asking them if they wish to join the union,” says the Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI). “Under this process, the union only needs to receive a majority of returned cards—not a majority of all workers—to be recognized as those workers’ exclusive bargaining representative.”

The SEIU achieved this goal in Michigan, with the result that even low-income families who receive a Medicaid subsidy to take care of their adult, disabled children are losing $30 a month to the union. “Our daughter is 34 and our son is 30,” retired police officer Robert Haynes said of the Michigan unionization. “They have cerebral palsy. They are basically like 6-month-olds in adult bodies. They need to be fed and they wear diapers. We could sure use that $30 a month that’s being sent to the union.”

SEIU Tries to Grab Dues Money from Taxpayer Subsidies | The National Right to Work Committee®

Forum List

Back