Unintended Consequences.

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
As I sat listening to the debates yesterday the liberal talking points were adhered to by each and every single member of the dimocrat party. One of their main issues stated is that "The Republicans want to give tax loopholes" to big oil companies.. okay so supposing that is correct, what would the consequences be if such loopholes were closed?

I know the answer. Do you?

As I sat listening to the debates yesterday the liberal talking points were adhered to by each and every single member of the dimocrat party. One of their main issues stated is that "The Republicans want to give tax loopholes" to big oil companies.. okay so supposing that is correct, what would the consequences be if such loopholes were closed?

I know the answer. Do you?

look almost ever co. receives some type of subsidiary advantage etc. via gov's ability to tax, provide rebates or not......if thats the game they want to play then ALL green energy subsidies need to stop too, but I suspect that won't float their boat. same for ethanol....

I am not a fan of big oil, but their profit margins are small and do not even compare to Apple's profit margin which liberals love.

Again, if you want to win the Oil Endgame, listen to Amory Lovins.

Additionally, we should stop subsidizing roads.

Last edited:
oil companies would not make 60 billion tax free dollars

Suppose they just moved to another business friendly country?

full-auto-albums-drama-queen-picture3720-cb071211dapr20110712114532.jpg

Oil companies in the U.S. are set to have a record Q1, with earnings surging by 50% year-over-year at the world's biggest company, Exxon Mobile, according to the Wall Street Journal

pay attention dim wit,, the question at hand is "what would the consequences of closing tax loopholes for big oil be?" did you write that down?

we will await your illustious answer. :eusa_whistle:

Just think, if we subsidized everything we could drop all prices! I recommend starting with beer subsidies - but only for craft brewers, none of that mass-produced crap.

Is this one of those "we have to abandon capitalism in order to save capitalism" conservatarian canards?

Last edited:
I am not a fan of big oil, but their profit margins are small and do not even compare to Apple's profit margin which liberals love.

What subsidies does Apple get?

What subsidies do big oil get? I could be wrong, but they receive tax credits, which is different than subsidies.

I am interested in big oil subsidies, so please support your claim.

What subsidies does Apple get?

What subsidies do big oil get? I could be wrong, but they receive tax credits, which is different than subsidies.

I am interested in big oil subsidies, so please support your claim.

First of all, a tax credit is a subsidy.

Secondly, the oil companies also receive a direct subsidy - a certain amount per barrel extracted from high-cost sources, for example.

First of all, a tax credit is a subsidy.

Secondly, the oil companies also receive a direct subsidy - a certain amount per barrel extracted from high-cost sources, for example.

Explain your first statement and provide evidence of your second statement

Thx in advance.

oil companies would not make 60 billion tax free dollars

sure they would

Do you know what a tax loop hole is? It would have no affect on profit because they set their own prices. The excess would be passed to consumers to pay at the pump. The result would be Americans waking up to why they are being gouged, but at least they would know the true cost of a gallon of gas and stop the smoke & mirror game. They might even decide it is time to go to National Oil to pay a $1.00 a gallon for gasoline & fuck big oil.

Forum List

Back