Unintended Consequences.

Oil companies in the U.S. are set to have a record Q1, with earnings surging by 50% year-over-year at the world's biggest company, Exxon Mobile, according to the Wall Street Journal

pay attention dim wit,, the question at hand is "what would the consequences of closing tax loopholes for big oil be?" did you write that down?

we will await your illustious answer. :eusa_whistle:

Hey douchenozzle, how about we close 'em and find out?

So shit-for-brains, how come people on unemployment get cut off when they get a job?

How about we stop subsidizing oil companies and start subsidizing alternative energies more? Just imagine what we could do with those billions in oil subsidies...Solar power for all federal buildings? An electrical car grid? Hydrogen and solar power for public agencies? The possibilities are endless...

oil companies would not make 60 billion tax free dollars

sure they would

Do you know what a tax loop hole is? It would have no affect on profit because they set their own prices. The excess would be passed to consumers to pay at the pump. The result would be Americans waking up to why they are being gouged, but at least they would know the true cost of a gallon of gas and stop the smoke & mirror game. They might even decide it is time to go to National Oil to pay a $1.00 a gallon for gasoline & fuck big oil.

go communist!

We should be charging oil companies the kind of royalties they have to pay around the world,

fuck the subsidy, that's where we're really losing money.

Oil companies in the U.S. are set to have a record Q1, with earnings surging by 50% year-over-year at the world's biggest company, Exxon Mobile, according to the Wall Street Journal

pay attention dim wit,, the question at hand is "what would the consequences of closing tax loopholes for big oil be?" did you write that down?

So shit-for-brains, how come people on unemployment get cut off when they get a job?

How about we stop subsidizing oil companies and start subsidizing alternative energies more? Just imagine what we could do with those billions in oil subsidies...Solar power for all federal buildings? An electrical car grid? Hydrogen and solar power for public agencies? The possibilities are endless...

focus focus focus.. wht would the consequences be?

As I sat listening to the debates yesterday the liberal talking points were adhered to by each and every single member of the dimocrat party. One of their main issues stated is that "The Republicans want to give tax loopholes" to big oil companies.. okay so supposing that is correct, what would the consequences be if such loopholes were closed?

I know the answer. Do you?

Higher oil prices, more jobless and government dependents which is exactly what the democrat authoritarian communists want.

Democrats only attack big oil because the majority of their base are environmentalist nuts and they will back anyone that attacks their enemy.

Why do they believe that??? because they've been brainwashed with the notion that capital is evil and those who earn capital are destroying the planet with their "imperialism."

So naturally all democrats have to do is financially attack big oil and they're going to have their supporters.

It's brainwash and pander....

Seriously, you think taking less of what an oil company makes is equivalent to cutting off someone's government check of someone else's money? And you libbies always get upset when I keep pointing out your ideology is Marxist. Which it is. The Communist manifesto is exactly what the Democrats advocate. Read the planks and it's the Democratic party platform. That doesn't mean Soviet Union who did a lot of things that weren't in the Communist Manifesto. But your ideology is dead on Marxist.

We should be charging oil companies the kind of royalties they have to pay around the world,

I agree since I lean towards Georgism/geolibertarianism and have a good understanding of the Lockean Proviso.

Land and resources were not created man and therefore do not belong to a few select individuals. We need fair share appropriations constraints, not CEOs surrounded by an incestuous BoD.

what would the consequences be?

You think the consequences would be that they would just raise prices to make up for it.

You wrongly assume that market forces and competition have no effect on price.

So, nice try.

what would the consequences be?

You think the consequences would be that they would just raise prices to make up for it.

You wrongly assume that market forces and competition have no effect on price.

So, nice try.

so you are on record as "there will be NO consequences" is that right?

sure they would

Do you know what a tax loop hole is? It would have no affect on profit because they set their own prices. The excess would be passed to consumers to pay at the pump. The result would be Americans waking up to why they are being gouged, but at least they would know the true cost of a gallon of gas and stop the smoke & mirror game. They might even decide it is time to go to National Oil to pay a $1.00 a gallon for gasoline & fuck big oil.

go communist!

Hang in there comrade Willow, I know I am threating one of your commie give-aways to big oil. I would favor cutting the corporate & Pentagon purse strings altogether, but I am sure your need for a centralized government is a pressing issue in feeding your Czar friends.

First of all, a tax credit is a subsidy.

Secondly, the oil companies also receive a direct subsidy - a certain amount per barrel extracted from high-cost sources, for example.

Explain your first statement and provide evidence of your second statement

Thx in advance.
A tax credit is a method to allow a certain segment of the population to be rewarded with lower taxes in exchange for some behavior you would like to subsidize - having kids, for example.

That's a subsidy - a payment to encourage a behavior.

I'll track down the data on the extraction subsidies.

As I sat listening to the debates yesterday the liberal talking points were adhered to by each and every single member of the dimocrat party. One of their main issues stated is that "The Republicans want to give tax loopholes" to big oil companies.. okay so supposing that is correct, what would the consequences be if such loopholes were closed?

I know the answer. Do you?

Higher oil prices, more jobless and government dependents which is exactly what the democrat authoritarian communists want.

Let me guess: you call yourself a capitalist, right?

sure they would

go communist!

it's rather ironic that a strident defender of government financial support for industry would call another poster a communist.

Forum List

Back