Unforgettable Moments...

If you want a real unforgettable moment, it was the moment I was on tour in Chile and the bus that was taking us from the Airport at La Calma to San Pedro (close to the Atacama desert) stopped after about 100 miles. No lights on the road, no cars other than us. Nothing. The temps had dropped from 42C to -3C. Brrr..

I step out and see a canopy of stars in the heavens the like of which I have never seen before in my life. BILLIONS of stars.

It was unspeakably awesome. One of the grandest moments ever in my life. Just amazing.

Shootout with bandits in Morocco. Stars in the desert are a close second though. When there is no light pollution the view is simply AMAZING!

stars-in-the-sky.jpeg

In Chile, the stars appeared to be so large, you had the feeling that all you had to do was to reach up and pluck you a star and pull it down to the earth.

Look familiar? I spent some time there too in the Atacama....

ATACAMA.jpg

In Chile, the stars appeared to be so large, you had the feeling that all you had to do was to reach up and pluck you a star and pull it down to the earth.

Look familiar? I spent some time there too in the Atacama....

ATACAMA.jpg

I spent two days there on vacation and also visited the thermal baths way up at 4,500 meters. Also, the two salt lakes that have more salt in them than the Dead Sea or Salt Lake (UT).

I'm with Lumpy. First time I saw my husband.

I was working as a cashier for the power company. He asked me to save any steel pennies I ran across. All I could say was "huh?"

But I was thinking "He's too good looking to be single. Look at the floor or something till he goes away."

:lol:

If you want a real unforgettable moment, it was the moment I was on tour in Chile and the bus that was taking us from the Airport at La Calma to San Pedro (close to the Atacama desert) stopped after about 100 miles. No lights on the road, no cars other than us. Nothing. The temps had dropped from 42C to -3C. Brrr..

I step out and see a canopy of stars in the heavens the like of which I have never seen before in my life. BILLIONS of stars.

It was unspeakably awesome. One of the grandest moments ever in my life. Just amazing.

the memories of children for whom every one of nature's phenomena strikes the first time as magic and awe-inspiring beauty. I envy them and you. I still look to the clouds for those mystcal formations that enchanted and mesmerised me at three yrs old in big sky country. It's no wonder our ancient ancestors were sky gazers and star worshippers.

Did you get a chance to tour any of the International telescopes placed there to take advantage of those crstal clear skys?

the memories of children for whom every one of nature's phenomena strikes the first time as magic and awe-inspiring beauty. I envy them and you. I still look to the clouds for those mystcal formations that enchanted and mesmerised me at three yrs old in big sky country. It's no wonder our ancient ancestors were sky gazers and star worshippers.

Did you get a chance to tour any of the International telescopes placed there to take advantage of those crstal clear skys?

No. The trip down to the Atacama was timed to the minute and after 2 days of wandering the desert, I was just kaputt.

The first time I saw my wife..

I was dumbfounded, far more than usual...:lol:

The first time I laid eyes on my favorite former husband. Literally one of those across a crowded room moments. He and I were each standing with different groups of people, with a glass of champagne in our hands, at a real estate monthly mixer. WOW!! Our eyes locked and there was only the two of us, in that room for what seemed an eternity. It went on from there to last 14 years. :thup:

Catching our daughter in my hands the moment she squirt forth unto this world. :thup:

I recall when my son was born that magical. awe inspiring moment. I also recall his rather large head and thinking, wow, things will never be the same...:lol:

My first visit to the Grand Canyon on my Honeymoon after getting married in Vegas. Pictures do not do it justice. You have to see it.

And my first visit to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area for canoeing and camping. Northern lights were spectacular:

trip_image_6087_545SLIDESHOW_northern%20lights%201.jpg

I've been to neither place, I feel jiped...

The moment after my signature picture here was taken is a moment I won't ever forget because it was completely unexpected. I didn't know that my most favorite singer was going to say "I love you." to me!!! :) :) :)

God bless you and James always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back