Unemployment Rate Falls To 8.1 Percent As People Give Up On Looking For Work

From 2001 to 2008, Republicans, working with the Chamber of Commerce moved millions of jobs to China. It's not secret. The history is easy to find with any search engine.

How that became "Obama's fault" is proof of a corrupt and dying party filled with liars. People who idolize the rich. And vote against their own self interests.

From 2001 to 2008, Republicans, working with the Chamber of Commerce moved millions of jobs to China. It's not secret.

It's not a secret that even after they were bailed out and owned by the U.S. government GM built a new plant in Mexico and sent jobs their and too China. It's no secret that the government told Gibson guitiar to move their jobs to Madagascar That's just something you're going to have too face.
So, at the same time the government is conducting raids and considering prosecuting Gibson for importing illegal endangered wood from Madagascar, they're forcing Gibson to move jobs there? I'd love to see your source for that.

Just because you are too lazy to look it up or too stupid to understand it does not make it misleading or manipulated.
no, but government accountants, for their Public pay, could easily, and so should, clarify their statistics, so that no misunderstandings arise

What mistakes are you claiming are being made? The surveys measure what they're supposed to measure. That people have a misconstrued idea of what they should be measuring has nothing to do with the people reporting the information...
for their Public pay, government accountants could easily clarify what their statistics imply. (Un-)employment rates are valuable statistics, directly reflecting the current ratio of demand to, to supply of, labor.

And also, millions of Americans not currently, actively, offering to "supply" their labor, are not counted in those rates. Yet, many Americans assume (understandably) that they do. The natural assumption ("'unemployment' means everybody not working, right?") is misleading, even when government accountants accurately calculate the statistics, without manipulating numbers ("massaging the data"). Clarifying meanings would be beneficial, and not unreasonable to request & require, from Public-paid accountants.
They seem to break it down pretty thoroughly including subgroups. Just because you are too lazy to look it up or too stupid to understand it does not make it misleading or manipulated.

Table A-1. Employment status of the civilian population by sex and age

A-38. Persons not in the labor force by desire and availability for work, age, and sex

Just because you are too lazy to look it up or too stupid to understand it does not make it misleading or manipulated.
no, but government accountants, for their Public pay, could easily, and so should, clarify their statistics, so that no misunderstandings arise
When confronted with the facts, CON$ selectively ignore them and repeat their bullshit over again.

When confronted with the facts, CON$ selectively ignore them and repeat their bullshit over again.
asking government employees, to take a little extra time, to clarify their statistics, for the Public who pays for their "cushy jobs", is... "bullshit" ? So, government officials should obfuscate their statistics, instead ?

asking government employees, to take a little extra time, to clarify their statistics, for the Public who pays for their "cushy jobs", is... "bullshit" ? So, government officials should obfuscate their statistics, instead ?
Thank you for proving me right.

It's the government's fault you are a stupid lazy fuck!!! :cuckoo:

CPS Tables

Unemployment rate is ‘probably closer to 20 percent’

“If you want to really know why the American people feel badly about the economy, it’s that the unemployment rate is escalating. It’s very high,” But if you take ... the number of people employed, 132 million people, it’s the same number that was employed in the year 2000. There have been no new jobs produced.”

U-3 is a deceptive measure of true unemployment because it comprises, “[t]otal unemployed, as a percent of the civilian labor force.” But “total” isn’t the real total and it measures those who have applied for or are collecting unemployment benefits. It does not include people who have stopped looking for work, under-employed workers, part-time employees or new college grads, who haven’t been able to find work since leaving college.

Those who are part time for economic reasons, according to BLS, make up a group of workers who are, “… those who want and are available for full-time work but have had to settle for a part-time schedule,” which is often referred to as being “underemployed.” This rate is now at 15.1%, but not even this number tells the whole story.

According to the UBS Current Population Survey, which is different from Table A-15, 11.8% of people who have some college and those who have a degree or higher were unemployed as of January. Some economists claim that when these and U-6 are added, the true total unemployment rate is closer to 20%, but that’s hotly debated.

Unemployment rate is ‘probably closer to 20 percent’

“If you want to really know why the American people feel badly about the economy, it’s that the unemployment rate is escalating. It’s very high,” But if you take ... the number of people employed, 132 million people, it’s the same number that was employed in the year 2000. There have been no new jobs produced.”

U-3 is a deceptive measure of true unemployment because it comprises, “[t]otal unemployed, as a percent of the civilian labor force.” But “total” isn’t the real total and it measures those who have applied for or are collecting unemployment benefits. It does not include people who have stopped looking for work, under-employed workers, part-time employees or new college grads, who haven’t been able to find work since leaving college.

Those who are part time for economic reasons, according to BLS, make up a group of workers who are, “… those who want and are available for full-time work but have had to settle for a part-time schedule,” which is often referred to as being “underemployed.” This rate is now at 15.1%, but not even this number tells the whole story.

According to the UBS Current Population Survey, which is different from Table A-15, 11.8% of people who have some college and those who have a degree or higher were unemployed as of January. Some economists claim that when these and U-6 are added, the true total unemployment rate is closer to 20%, but that’s hotly debated.
Just pure bullshit, but that will never stop CON$ from spewing it! The U-3 rate has nothing to do with unemployment benefits, and college grads who LOOK for work are counted in the U-3 rate.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYA9ufivbDw]Outfoxed: Fox News technique: "some people say" - YouTube[/ame]

I already responded:
Economists, not accountants. The only accountants at BLS work in the Admin offices and have nothing to do with the data. And as for clarification...in the New Release you'll see a Technical Note and a FAQ that clarify everything. If more is needed, there's the Quick Guide to the Employment Situation with links to full documentation on everything. Not sure what more you think they should or could do.

What more do you think they could do????

Last edited:
But “total” isn’t the real total and it measures those who have applied for or are collecting unemployment benefits.
No, the survey doesn't even ask about benefits. The definition is did not work during the survey reference week, could have started work that week if offered, and actively looked for work in the 4 weeks ending with the reference week.

It does not include people who have stopped looking for work,
Well, of course. Why would you classify people not trying to work as Unemployed?

under-employed workers, part-time employees
Why would you classify people who have jobs as Unemployed?

or new college grads, who haven’t been able to find work since leaving college.
Yes, it does.

I don't expect a response of course. You just cut and pasted without even giving your source, so I doubt you actually understand what you posted.

The real unemployment rate can vary a lot depending how you define/measure it.

However it's true that a lot of people have dropped outside of labor force or giving up looking for work, so the U-3 may not be the best rate to look at if you are trying to find a rate that best reflects the health or changes in the economy.

Last edited:
The real unemployment rate can vary a lot depending how you define/measure it.
in other words there's no such thing as the "real unemployment rate." I agree.

However it's true that a lot of people have dropped outside of labor force or giving up looking for work, so the U-3 may not be the best rate to look at if you are trying to find a rate that best reflects the health or changes in the economy.
obviously whatever data you use depends on what you want to measure. Which is why BLS publishes alternative measures.

But “total” isn’t the real total and it measures those who have applied for or are collecting unemployment benefits.
No, the survey doesn't even ask about benefits. The definition is did not work during the survey reference week, could have started work that week if offered, and actively looked for work in the 4 weeks ending with the reference week.

It does not include people who have stopped looking for work,
Well, of course. Why would you classify people not trying to work as Unemployed?

under-employed workers, part-time employees

Yes, it does.

I don't expect a response of course. You just cut and pasted without even giving your source, so I doubt you actually understand what you posted.

Of course you deserve a responce, you are an Obama ball licker ,so I doubt you actually understand what you posted. It is the governments way of clouding the real truth of how dismal the job market is....

Yes, it does.

Of course you deserve a responce, you are an Obama ball licker
I am not and have never been an Obama supporter, I voted for McCain.

so I doubt you actually understand what you posted.
I work with these numbers professionally and meet with the BLS experts several times a year. I know quite a lot about the topic. Everything I wrote was from memory.

It is the governments way of clouding the real truth of how dismal the job market is....[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
you say that, but you didn't answer any of the questions I posed not have you tried to dispute the fact that your cut and paste is blatantly wrong about UI benefits and college grads.

I'll be perfectly happy to explain/debate the issues, but I don 't think you are.

Last edited:

Yes, it does.

so I doubt you actually understand what you posted.
I work with these numbers professionally and meet with the BLS experts several times a year. I know quite a lot about the topic. Everything I wrote was from memory.

It is the governments way of clouding the real truth of how dismal the job market is....[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
you say that, but you didn't answer any of the questions I posed not have you tried to dispute the fact that your cut and paste is blatantly wrong about UI benefits and college grads.

I'll be perfectly happy to explain/debate the issues, but I don 't think you are.

You work with mis- guided infomation from a corrupt government,I work/ live in the real world , I stand by my info ...

You work with mis- guided infomation from a corrupt government,I work/ live in the real world , I stand by my info ...
Ok, then you'll have no trouble giving evidence that only people who applied for or collected UI benefits are classified as unemployed and that college grads looking for work aren't considered unemployed. I'll wait.

I'm also curious as to how you think the UE rate should be calculated. Oh, and what exactly you think the administration has to do with the data.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back